Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not
I have/had a 2011/12 6spd with Notchy/Rough/Grinding etc.
36.14%
I never had ANY issues with my 6 spd 2011/12
63.86%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/11, 10:30 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, no forum poll is a "legit" poll. I don't buy the personal vendetta thing either.
Old 5/20/11, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FCMalie
No forum thread poll results will be legit compared to the real world..... I'm pretty sure that is common knowledge? I guess not?
Duh? But you wanted poll results, didn't you? You kept asking, so there are numbers to illustrate a point.

Either way, I'm done. The fan base here is pretty **** strong so I have nothing else to say to anyone.
Old 5/20/11, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Overboost
Sorry, no forum poll is a "legit" poll. I don't buy the personal vendetta thing either.
That's cool, he banned me for no legit reason because I called Polish "retarded" (Guy is obsessed with anyone having issues with a 2011 5.0). Yet the same guy is Ford's cheerleader, without a Mustang, insulting anyone and everyone who disagrees that Ford isn't HOLY and he posts untouched.

Like I said, I'm done with this topic. I'm happy for all of those not having issues. Good luck.

Last edited by ssimaniac; 5/20/11 at 10:34 AM.
Old 5/20/11, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I never once asked for poll results, I'd like to see actual numbers from Ford of how many people they have gotten complaints from. Not number of complaints total cause I swear some of the guys at AFM would send 10-50 a day. Putting actual complaint numbers up against real sales numbers to get a % would be awesome, but no reason for them to really do it even if 20/20 actually does an expose.
Old 5/20/11, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Either way, I'm done. The fan base here is pretty **** strong so I have nothing else to say to anyone.
Okay see ya later!!
Old 5/20/11, 10:36 AM
GT Member

Duh? But you wanted poll results, didn't you? You kept asking, so there are numbers to illustrate a point.

In other words, "People aren't 100% agreeing with me while also giving logical responses to which I have no reply. I am going to retreat back to AFM where they are buying into the sky is falling hysteria and where I will be patted on the back for attempting to deliver the message to uninformed fanbois."
Old 5/20/11, 10:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
In other words, "People aren't 100% agreeing with me while also giving logical responses to which I have no reply. I am going to retreat back to AFM where they are buying into the sky is falling hysteria and where I will be patted on the back for attempting to deliver the message to uninformed fanbois."

Old 5/20/11, 10:39 AM
GTR Member

I would love nothing more to see Perciak and/or some of the other engineers on Team Mustang to come in and shut the hysteria down once and for all. I know they've got better things to do, but it would be FANTASTIC to watch everyone on the hysteria side scramble for "proof" after something like that came out.
Old 5/20/11, 10:42 AM
V6 Member

Jesus H. Christ will you farking idiots stop the bickering.....it's like friggin' school children in here......everywhere I go I see you group of morons arguing over bull****. (I'm referring to 2 or 3 specific individuals here, so don't everybody get their feelings hurt & start crying even more.)

Look guys, if you're worried about your tranny, drive the car like you stole it. if it breaks, it's under warranty.....if it doesn't, you're good to go. Problem solved. Quit babying the car & getting upset over every little noise or vibration it makes.

If your tranny is notchy, then you need to man up & stop *****ing about the little things. Mine is notchy, but not any more notchy than any of the other manual mustangs I've owned.....so basically, get over it.

If it's grinding, or not going into gear, then you've got issues that need to be addressed by the Ford Dealership.

Last edited by Arak-Nafein; 5/20/11 at 10:45 AM.
Old 5/20/11, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JobeNole44

There are 10 people that post here who are counterclaiming my claims. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you. Out of those 10, 2 don't even own a mustang. At least on AFM, legit people post with legit issues. TSM doesn't even get a 1/3 of the traffic that AFM does. You do the math.

It's really immature the way some of you handle the claims. I'm not here to prove to you that I have issues and why they occur. Rather, it's Ford response since the vehicle has been in the shop 3 times without a fix. They have to prove on their end, what is wrong. I don't have to do **** to prove to you, or the rest of the guys on here. You offer nothing logical either. You say the Mt82 is working, I say it isn't. It's a tug and pull. You want me to provide numbers that a corporation won't even release? Yeah, ok.

Just because you aren't having issues, doesn't mean others aren't. Just because you're afraid of the resale value due to a ****ty design of the MT82 and the lack of quality control at the China plant, is not my problem. If you could put your selfish claims aside and realize that a legit number of people are having issues, would be spectacular.

Anyone can argue on a message board. You say you don't have issues and laugh at the others that are because of user error is pretty ludicrous. Chat around with your Ford dealer and ask how many people have brought their cars in for a TSB on the MT82. That way, you will know some REAL answers besides online polls.
Old 5/20/11, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arak-Nafein
Jesus H. Christ will you farking idiots stop the bickering.....it's like friggin' school children in here......everywhere I go I see you group of morons arguing over bull****. (I'm referring to 2 or 3 specific individuals here, so don't everybody get their feelings hurt & start crying even more.)

Look guys, if you're worried about your tranny, drive the car like you stole it. if it breaks, it's under warranty.....if it doesn't, you're good to go. Problem solved. Quit babying the car & getting upset over every little noise or vibration it makes.

If your tranny is notchy, then you need to man up & stop *****ing about the little things. Mine is notchy, but not any more notchy than any of the other manual mustangs I've owned.....so basically, get over it.

If it's grinding, or not going into gear, then you've got issues that need to be addressed by the Ford Dealership.
The whole reason why I'm *****ing is because there's no fix by Ford or the Ford dealership. Why can't some of you understand this? All the service tech's and service managers agree there's an issue with the transmission. It's not normal for a car to grind or have rough shifting. They can tear it up, replace the parts, but it doesn't promise a fix. Hell, even the Ford Cust. Rep on this site has posted numerous times that Ford engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it.

BUT, even that isn't enough to convince the hardcore fanboys here. An official word from Ford? Not gonna fly with them.
Old 5/20/11, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

I will let anyone come to my house and drive my car and tell me if it working properly, I would love to hear that from anyone, I promise if you are in my area MN you can drive it, let me know
Old 5/20/11, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Hell, even the Ford Cust. Rep on this site has posted numerous times that Ford engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it.
I have agrred that some are having problems multiple times, and they are working on a fix. It can take a while to find out what is actually causing the problem, sucks but it's true. I'm just not exactly sure what you want Ford to do in the mean time... Give you some of your money back? Provide a replacement car while yours is in the shop? What exactly do you want them to do other than continue working on a fix? By the way a replacement car is on the dealer for if your warranty covers one or not, thats not a Ford thing. (Someone actually said their sales person offered their car to them as a replacement because the dealer doesn't give them.)

You admit they are working on it, but apparently that isn't enough... What would be?
Old 5/20/11, 10:57 AM
GT Member

There are 10 people that post here who are counterclaiming my claims. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you. Out of those 10, 2 don't even own a mustang. At least on AFM, legit people post with legit issues. TSM doesn't even get a 1/3 of the traffic that AFM does. You do the math.

It's really immature the way some of you handle the claims. I'm not here to prove to you that I have issues and why they occur. Rather, it's Ford response since the vehicle has been in the shop 3 times without a fix. They have to prove on their end, what is wrong. I don't have to do **** to prove to you, or the rest of the guys on here. You offer nothing logical either. You say the Mt82 is working, I say it isn't. It's a tug and pull. You want me to provide numbers that a corporation won't even release? Yeah, ok.

Just because you aren't having issues, doesn't mean others aren't. Just because you're afraid of the resale value due to a ****ty design of the MT82 and the lack of quality control at the China plant, is not my problem. If you could put your selfish claims aside and realize that a legit number of people are having issues, would be spectacular.

Anyone can argue on a message board. You say you don't have issues and laugh at the others that are because of user error is pretty ludicrous. Chat around with your Ford dealer and ask how many people have brought their cars in for a TSB on the MT82. That way, you will know some REAL answers besides online polls.
So we are not legit because we don't have issues and don't post on AFM? The door swings both ways buddy. Just because you are having issues doesn't mean others are. I have seen nothing, let me repeat, nothing that shows there are more than a few having real issues. Do you honestly not understand why polls and posts on select internet forums do not represent scientific polling? Do you not understand why we are skeptical about people claiming issues without knowing if they are being truthful in how they abused the tranny or how they drove it before it broke? Why are you so quick to dismiss those who are skeptical, yet you accept those who share in your experience without question? Who is being more logical?

Last edited by JobeNole44; 5/20/11 at 10:59 AM.
Old 5/20/11, 11:00 AM
GTR Member

Old 5/20/11, 11:01 AM
V6 Member

The whole reason why I'm *****ing is because there's no fix by Ford or the Ford dealership. Why can't some of you understand this? All the service tech's and service managers agree there's an issue with the transmission. It's not normal for a car to grind or have rough shifting. They can tear it up, replace the parts, but it doesn't promise a fix. Hell, even the Ford Cust. Rep on this site has posted numerous times that Ford engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it.

BUT, even that isn't enough to convince the hardcore fanboys here. An official word from Ford? Not gonna fly with them.
Then keep destroying transmissions until Ford gets tired of replacing them or implements a fix. Problem solved.

Last edited by Arak-Nafein; 5/20/11 at 11:02 AM.
Old 5/20/11, 11:02 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's not a normal characteristic.
I've been driving sticks since '76. EVERY tranny is balky in cold weather.
Old 5/20/11, 11:18 AM
Bullitt Member

WHO IS DOING THAT?!!? WHERE?!

You are coming off REALLY paranoid.

You think people are out to get you.
You think people are making fun of you.
You think Ford is lying to you or hiding something from you or ... something. I can't quite track what the problem is.
Old 5/20/11, 11:19 AM
GT Member

TSM [sic] doesn't even get a 1/3 of the paranoid lepers that AFM does.
Fixed.

Also, EVERYONE is in agreement that some people have legitimate issues with their MT-82s. The problem lies in crusaders like you and jmatero who choose to be relentless in terms of manufacturing/spreading hysteria and half-truths. These problems ARE NOT widespread. They DO NOT affect the majority of MT-82 owners. The people who are experiencing actual, severe grinding etc. are the unfortunate minority. And EVERYONE hopes that Ford will address their problems in a satisfactory manner as quickly as is possible.

Who knows, I may very well have issues with my MT-82 at some point (and by issues I mean serious issues, like grinding, NOT notchiness, NOT balky cold shifting, NOT whining...all of which are perfectly acceptable and livable to me). I would probably vent about it for a few posts, and then let the dealer try to fix it. If the dealer couldn't fixed it, I would pursue my state's lemon law. That's it. Not invite this kind of stress into my life.

Jmatero repeatedly makes claims he cannot back up, especially in regard to Ford Transit and Land Rover Defender owners complaining about their MT-82s. He says there are a "multitude" of posts out there, but if you google extensively, you only find a small handful! This is just one of his many bogus claims.

This transmission has been in existence for **** near 10 years and has seen duty in climates from South Africa to brutal European winters. You think Ford chose it for duty in the Mustang because it sucked in those scenarios? Yeah right!

Maybe Jmatero got unlucky. Maybe he got a lemon from the factory that was only made worse by repair attempts from his dealer. Maybe it all got to him and drove him nuts.

Or maybe Jmatero's problems have been solved and he's just a wacko. Maybe he took those videos of his car BEFORE it was repaired...
Old 5/20/11, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

This is the BEST thing on these MT82 treads I have seen to date!

Please oh Please don't let the TMS turn into one of those other forums where this happens in every thread!

Originally Posted by Overboost

Quick Reply: Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not