Old lurker, noob poster, order is IN!

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/10 | 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m4reapr
how about dirtiness

please don't tell me you'll be driving around with a towel on the seat
I don't know...I shower. lol.

A valid concern, but a pretty minor one for me.
Old 4/3/10 | 11:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Skotty
I was concerned about the look of Kona with Stone, but I really didn't want another all black interior in a car. I did a lot of searching for pictures, and it's hard to find any in that combo, but here are a few I found. Take a look and see what you think. I think the combo looks fine myself.
I have white w/stone and like the 'look'. The stone looks better to me with the charcoal/black parts of the interior better than anything else (besides black)... but after a week I needed to clean the front of the seat bottom ... and a couple of days later I could see it getting dirty again. Cleans easily enough... but it needs to be kept track of. I think the saddle looks amazing with the Kona blue or black paint.
Old 4/4/10 | 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

I ordered Kona Blue with Saddle but I think Stone looks very nice, too. I've had all black interiors since 1991 and I'm tired of it. I need some contrast in my next car.
Old 4/4/10 | 10:27 AM
Cobra R Member

First, Scott, thanks for posting those pics. I couldn't see the combo at the dealer but knew I was going with stone just because I'm tired of dark seats plus my 'vette has a "stone" interior and I like it but then again the 'vette is white over silver so . . .

m4, I thought I'd just get some of those neoprene seat covers. . . NOT. I plan to clean and treat the leather regularly and since my a$$ isn't normally sitting in oil drums, I should be good.
Old 4/4/10 | 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Per Ford's X-Plan website:

"Pricing Formula
· X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.
X-Plan Ford/Mercury Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
Lincoln Dealer Invoice + (0.6% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
Volvo AZ-Plan + 2% of AZ-Plan

*$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY vehicles, $75 Administration Fee for 2009MY and prior vehicles.

Document Fees
· Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
· Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $75. In states that permitted more than $75 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $75 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order. "

Just get the dealer to give you the invoice sheet and it has the x-plan price listed. As I said earlier the x-plan price is 99.6% of the invoice price plus the $275 administration fee. This is the price that should be on the invoice in the x-plan box. The $275 administration fee is a fee by Ford that is automaticly added in the pricing determine the x-plan price by Ford. The other $75 fee is to cover any DMV work that the dealer whats to charge you for - this is not a mandatory fee from Ford, but a dealer imposed fee.
Old 4/4/10 | 02:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks, RMS!