2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Old lurker, noob poster, order is IN!

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/10 | 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Old lurker, noob poster, order is IN!

Although I think I'm one of a very small number ordering the V6, I ordered it.

Kona Blue with Stone Interior V6 Coupe Premium, Mustang Club of America, 6-speed manual, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Security Package, 3.31 axle ratio, rear video camera, tape stripe delete (odd when paying for it in the MCA but whatever... I think tape stripes are a little tacky.)

X-plan notional total: $30,938

I have a $285 "title fee" added which seems a bit odd since the VA DMV lists the fees as $10 plus 3% of the cost which are definitely listed separately. Seems like a dealer-added fee which I didn't think was allowed under X-Plan but I'll get it removed when I take delivery I guess. Waiting on an answer now.

Selling my '05 Cadillac CTS-V now. Awesome car but quite frankly, I don't really need 400+ HP and haven't used it that much. Part of why I opted for the V6 vice the GT. Although the Caddy was pretty transparent to the local LEOs.
Old 4/3/10 | 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome! Nice combo!
Old 4/3/10 | 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome! I ordered something similar and also removed the stripes which I find gaudy. The stripes are also somewhat pointless for me since I ordered black. They're going to be great cars. Mine is getting built next week and I can hardly wait.
Old 4/3/10 | 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

You are not one of few that ordered a V6. Many of the orders are for 6ers, thought I heard 50% thrown around somewhere.
Old 4/3/10 | 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I also ordered Kona Blue with Stone interior (premium). Seems an uncommon combo, but I like it.
Old 4/3/10 | 06:21 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Kona Blue with Stone Interior V6 Coupe Premium, Mustang Club of America, 6-speed manual, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Security Package, 3.31 axle ratio, rear video camera, tape stripe delete (odd when paying for it in the MCA but whatever... I think tape stripes are a little tacky.)

The "Tape Stripe Delete" is mandatory when ordering any package that has its own stripe as part of the package, so your MCA car will have whatever stripe that comes with the package.

I think in this case the tape stripe that gets deleted with the MCA package is the lower side stripe but it will have the stripe that is part of the MCA option.
Old 4/3/10 | 06:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
The "Tape Stripe Delete" is mandatory when ordering any package that has its own stripe as part of the package, so your MCA car will have whatever stripe that comes with the package.

I think in this case the tape stripe that gets deleted with the MCA package is the lower side stripe but it will have the stripe that is part of the MCA option.
The reverse hockey stick stripe is lame.... I really hope it's not there. If it is, I'm taking it off! If it's that satin black on the Kona blue I might leave it and hope nobody notices.

And thanks! Everything I've been reading on here seems to be GT, GT, GT... 5.0, 5.0, 5.0. Which is incredibly good but also incredibly more expensive. As I wrote, with 400 HP at my disposal for years, it's SWEET but hardly ever used. The difference to 60 between the 5.0 and the V6 is, um, less than a second, right? That can be made up in reaction time (or lost...)

Whichever model everyone chooses, the '11 Mustang is an amazing leap forward for Ford.
Old 4/3/10 | 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was planning on getting the V6 Mustang originally. It's powerful and efficient, and I'm a DOHC and VVT fan. But then I found out the 5.0 would be DOHC and VVT and just couldn't help myself.
Old 4/3/10 | 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

hey, congrats on the new Mustang order!

don't know if that "title fee" is part of the xplan or not but there is a $275 admin fee that is already included in the xplan price

here is the extra "fees" rules

24. Can I be charged a “document fee” (doc fee) by my dealer?

Yes. Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $75 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.

* What if I am in a state that allows the dealer to charge more than $75?

Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $75 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $75, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $75. In states that permitted more than $75 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $75 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

* How does this change the $275 administration fee?

There is no change. The $275 administration fee covers costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program.
Old 4/3/10 | 07:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by m4reapr
hey, congrats on the new Mustang order!

don't know if that "title fee" is part of the xplan or not but there is a $275 admin fee that is already included in the xplan price
. . .
Thanks!

Turns out the $285 was $275 for the admin fee and $10 for the title. They just didn't have any place to list them separately. But no doc fee was assessed. My sales guy said they might be able to drop a couple hundred when the deal is made so that was potentially good news.
Old 4/3/10 | 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

The $275 for the administatrion fee is included in the x-plan price on the invoice. It is in addition to the standard x-plan price of 0.04% below invoice. On my '10 GT the x-plan turned out to be $135 over invoice.
Old 4/3/10 | 08:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by RMS70
The $275 for the administatrion fee is included in the x-plan price on the invoice. It is in addition to the standard x-plan price of 0.04% below invoice. On my '10 GT the x-plan turned out to be $135 over invoice.
So you're saying it's just an extra unnecessary fee? I've been seeing a lot of confusion on the $275 fee. The FAQ entry posted earlier talks about the $75 doc fee but I don't think it's clear that the admin fee is different. Maybe that's why my sales guy said it might come down a couple hundred. . . (adding the $75 doc fee back in and taking off the $200 difference.)
Old 4/3/10 | 08:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Although I think I'm one of a very small number ordering the V6, I ordered it.

X-plan notional total: $30,938

I have a $285 "title fee" added which seems a bit odd since the VA DMV lists the fees as $10 plus 3% of the cost which are definitely listed separately. Seems like a dealer-added fee which I didn't think was allowed under X-Plan but I'll get it removed when I take delivery I guess. Waiting on an answer now.

Selling my '05 Cadillac CTS-V now. Awesome car but quite frankly, I don't really need 400+ HP and haven't used it that much. Part of why I opted for the V6 vice the GT. Although the Caddy was pretty transparent to the local LEOs.
Sounds like a nice car. You might want to seriously think about switching to the Dark Charcoal. I have Kona and stone wouldn't look right.
Old 4/3/10 | 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

So you're saying it's just an extra unnecessary fee? I've been seeing a lot of confusion on the $275 fee. The FAQ entry posted earlier talks about the $75 doc fee but I don't think it's clear that the admin fee is different. Maybe that's why my sales guy said it might come down a couple hundred. . . (adding the $75 doc fee back in and taking off the $200 difference.)
the $275 admin fee is included in the xplan price on your order printout
it's to cover the plans admin costs and it is different from any "doc" fee you may be charged
the extra "doc" fee is capped because some states like yours, VA, like to inflate profits with processing fees, yada, yada

my order sheet listed an xplan price which includes the $275 admin fee but does not itemize it at the end below the MSRP
it is exactly $140 more than if you add up the "dealer invoice + holdback" in the PRICE LIST GUIDE

i believe 05fordgt had said earlier in his pricelist thread that xplan was "dealer invoice + holdback + $150
Old 4/3/10 | 08:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Oh, yes...welcome.
Old 4/3/10 | 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was concerned about the look of Kona with Stone, but I really didn't want another all black interior in a car. I did a lot of searching for pictures, and it's hard to find any in that combo, but here are a few I found. Take a look and see what you think. I think the combo looks fine myself.

Old 4/3/10 | 09:15 PM
GT Member

congratulations!!

I am considering V6 too. The power is good enough to me but I do like suspension of GT. V6 with performance package maybe the way to go but I don't need 19 inches tire either.
Old 4/3/10 | 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Skotty
I was concerned about the look of Kona with Stone, but I really didn't want another all black interior in a car. I did a lot of searching for pictures, and it's hard to find any in that combo, but here are a few I found. Take a look and see what you think. I think the combo looks fine myself.

Better then I thought. I guess it's not a bad alternative for those who don't like black seats.
Old 4/3/10 | 09:20 PM
GTR Member

Looks pretty good.
Old 4/3/10 | 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

how about dirtiness

please don't tell me you'll be driving around with a towel on the seat

Quick Reply: Old lurker, noob poster, order is IN!