2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

not a race or kill thread, but does this happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/13, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Oddest thing happened to me yesterday...I was picking up the car from the shop for an alignment job, and I get passed by this old--I mean OLD--guy in a Z3. I'm not hurrying, but I'm not crawling either. With the exhaust mod it's a bit harder to hear the traffic around me, and I could hear this Z3 humming when it passed me. I thought, "ok, I'll give him a little rev when we get under the overpass and onto the feeder road." Got up next to him, revved it to about 3500 in 1st, looked over and smiled...and he ignored me. Grumpy, irritated old fart. I let him go since he clearly wasn't in the mood to do anything but scowl at the road in front of him. I chuckled.
Old 11/13/13, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah...I have had it a couple of times, mostly from kids in the fart can equipped rice cars and rednecks in their pick-up trucks. I ignore them and go about my business. I like my car and want to keep it in good shape. Same thing goes for my drivers license. What I have also noticed is that I don't feel the urge to race them. I KNOW I can beat them so it would be an exercise in "duh".
Old 11/13/13, 08:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by The Arbiter
Yeah...I have had it a couple of times, mostly from kids in the fart can equipped rice cars and rednecks in their pick-up trucks. I ignore them and go about my business. I like my car and want to keep it in good shape. Same thing goes for my drivers license. What I have also noticed is that I don't feel the urge to race them. I KNOW I can beat them so it would be an exercise in "duh".
X2 very nicely said!
Old 1/5/14, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP here. Thought I would resurrect this thread. I've been driving the car on the weekends (depending on weather) since August. Since I removed the catalytic converters , I haven't had many cars revving me. Except this one.
It was a acura integra (90's) with the biplane looking wing and cookie monster exhaust. He pulls up to a light, revs with that god awful sound only a 4 cylinder with a turbo exhaust can make. And then, the best part of my day--- He takes off and the car dies
Old 1/5/14, 03:03 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I've only been really beat once and it was by an import. Tricked out fart cans and all RX7. He didn't get me by much but I wasn't catching him either. I was spinning but he got me regardless. I was just impressed to see that little car move that fast. I do enjoy beating down corvettes though. I'm undefeated against corvettes so far.
Old 1/5/14, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I've only been really beat once and it was by an import. Tricked out fart cans and all RX7. He didn't get me by much but I wasn't catching him either. I was spinning but he got me regardless. I was just impressed to see that little car move that fast. I do enjoy beating down corvettes though. I'm undefeated against corvettes so far.
You have a Termi? Those cars make me want to FI mine. Mean stock and even meaner when you guys swap out pulleys.
Old 1/5/14, 05:56 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by woodzusa
He pulls up to a light, revs with that god awful sound only a 4 cylinder with a turbo exhaust can make.
Are you referring to the 2015 ecoboost mustang? Be careful, don't mistake an integra for one . Hehe
Old 1/5/14, 06:04 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by woodzusa
You have a Termi? Those cars make me want to FI mine. Mean stock and even meaner when you guys swap out pulleys.
Yep. It's a pretty fast and fun car. Unfortunately not too many people try me.