Sponsored By:

New Steeda Tune is just simply AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/11, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by going for broke
Gus,
When I purchase a cai/sct package from you are the tunes included?? if so how many? I have been impressed with all that I am hearing about your products and your service speaks for itself as I can witness on this very board. I was a brenspeed user with my last car but can honestly say that you will be handling my tuning duties on my new steed.
Hi there. Yes the tunes are included. We normally include 2 tunes. 87 octane and either 91 or 93 octane depending on what your max octane available is.

You get some tuners out there offering you 3 tunes all at once with code names to differentiate them from each other. In most cases these tunes simply have drive by wire parameters changed to give them different feel. Performance wise they are comparable even though they can be made to feel completely different.

We've stayed away from such labeling and simply classify our tunes based on fuel octane. Where we also get into differences with our tunes in intended use. The tune we would build for street/drag race use is going to be different from the one we would send out for road race/open track event use. We usually try to get a feel for what the customer wants to do and plan accordingly.
Old 3/28/11, 10:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
With the CAI/SCT tuner package, you get one tune. I believe additional tunes are $65 or so.
Used to be this way, but since has prices started their climb up we've added including an 87 octane tune as well.
Old 3/28/11, 10:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteedaGus
Used to be this way, but since has prices started their climb up we've added including an 87 octane tune as well.
Oh. I know I only got a 93 tune with my CAI/tune package.
Old 3/28/11, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Very cool!! Obviously not as much to be gained by using 87 vs 93... but have u guys seen a lot of improvement with the 87 tunes?

I was under the impression that 93 tunes were all that were available as well, and since I do daily drive my car, 87 has been killing me on gas as it is, so I've been waiting out getting the tune... but if 87 tunes are still worth it.... maybe something I should look into.

- awesome work as usual fellahs
Old 3/29/11, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Phil!! If I remember you correctly your tunes were done very recently. If that is the case you have our latest stuff. If I am remembering you wrong send me a PM and let me know.

Our 91 octane tunes are great and you will only be missing a couple of horsepower over a 93 tune. You would not be able to even feel the difference.
Picked them up last October Gus and thanks for the quick reply. If that is soon enough for the new tunes, then great. If I can get better, let me know and I will gladly pay for the updates. If only a couple of HP, no problem. I will install sometime soon with the Steeda CAI as soon as the liquid salt trucks stop spreading the salt %#@*! on the Northern Indiana roads and I can drive my new Mustang!

Thanks very much,
Phil
Old 3/30/11, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Phil_R
Picked them up last October Gus and thanks for the quick reply. If that is soon enough for the new tunes, then great. If I can get better, let me know and I will gladly pay for the updates. If only a couple of HP, no problem. I will install sometime soon with the Steeda CAI as soon as the liquid salt trucks stop spreading the salt %#@*! on the Northern Indiana roads and I can drive my new Mustang!

Thanks very much,
Phil
Hi Phil, I know you already called me but I wanted to let everyone know that looks at this thread later, your tunes, being from October were our old original tunes. So if others read this and have tunes from this time frame, we have updates for you!!
Old 3/30/11, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Phil, I know you already called me but I wanted to let everyone know that looks at this thread later, your tunes, being from October were our old original tunes. So if others read this and have tunes from this time frame, we have updates for you!!
Thanks a lot Gus and good talking with you today. Your operation at Steeda is first class and I will be sending in the SCT to you soon for the updates we discussed.
Other vendors could take a lesson from you and your team on how to provide excellent customer service! You guys are awesome!!!
Sincerely,
Phil R
Old 3/30/11, 06:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

we have updates for you!!
A la " idle loop tune " !
Old 3/30/11, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just ordered a CAI and Tune from Steeda! Just waiting on the 2012 5.0 tunes to become available!