The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   New Steeda Tune is just simply AWESOME! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/new-steeda-tune-just-simply-awesome-491233/)

2011 GT 1/30/11 03:57 AM

New Steeda Tune is just simply AWESOME!

In October I had my Steeda CAI & Tune installed and was quite impressed with the results. Recently, Steeda's team came out with an update for their tune. It was also posted ther on TMS:
https://themustangsource.com/f800/st...proved-490712/

Gus was so kind and e-mailed me the updated tune, which I downloaded to my SCT and uploaded it to the Stang!

All I have to say is: "Wow"... I thought with the previous Steeda tune the 5.0 came to life and was a beast, now the beast has become a monster! The improvements over the previous tune are just simply awesome... better throttle response and you can actually feel the even more improved torque and power! I must say, I'm truly impressed!

Lots of kudos to all the members of Steeda responsible for the upgraded tune! And Steeda has proven once again, that they are a company where customer service and customer satisfaction is truly their number one goal, by providing their customers with even more fun and rubber burning opportunities!

Gus, thanks to you and your entire team!!! I can't recommend Steeda enough! :metal:

Jcint 1/31/11 09:07 PM

Do you know what your RWHP is now with this new tune?

2011 GT 1/31/11 10:58 PM

No, not yet... but planning of finding out soon! :metal:

RaceRed12 2/1/11 05:58 AM

I can't get that link to open Andy. Sounds like a great update though.

Ivan 5.0 2/1/11 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2011 GT (Post 6006834)
No, not yet... but planning of finding out soon! :metal:

Nice man - make sure to post up the dyno graph when you get it :nice:

Dewyrussler 2/1/11 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ivan 5.0 (Post 6006911)
Nice man - make sure to post up the dyno graph when you get it :nice:

If possible, could you please post dyno graphs for the new tune and the old tune? That would be interesting to compare them side-by-side!

Modshack 2/1/11 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by 2011 GT (Post 6005751)
The improvements over the previous tune are just simply awesome... better throttle response and you can actually feel the even more improved torque and power! I must say, I'm truly impressed!

I agree completely....My original tune went back to September. I've been running this update for a few weeks now and have to agree...Very impressive. The overall driveability "under the curve" is exceptional now..

BlackOut2k11 2/1/11 08:26 AM

The updated tune is absolutely amazing. With the old tune I thought the shifts on the auto weren't firm enough, on the new tune they're perfect as well as better throttle response and a LOT more pull off the line vs. the old tune. Kudos to steeda, will definitely be recommending this combo to anyone who I can :D

Liquid 2/1/11 08:32 AM

In for results.

Everett 2/1/11 08:34 AM

I love these forums. You get real world feedback from poeple who have experience and help lead you down a good path. Thanks for input

fossy207 2/1/11 06:12 PM

Just posting so I can follow this thread. I plan to buy a tune/CAI combo in the spring

r1rider98 2/1/11 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by fossy207 (Post 6007203)
Just posting so I can follow this thread. I plan to buy a tune/CAI combo in the spring

And by then they will be so good you won't need a supercharger. LOL I'm waiting too.

SynisterGT 2/1/11 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by r1rider98 (Post 6007259)
And by then they will be so good you won't need a supercharger. LOL I'm waiting too.

There's no such thing as to much power.:devil:

Overboost 2/1/11 10:44 PM

I just did my taxes today and now the CAI/tune is coming very soon. I'm still torn between Steeda and Brenspeed (I've heard nothing but good about both), and possibly Livernois. Seems like Steeda isn't letting up.

montreal ponies 2/2/11 07:01 PM

After reading this thread, i contacted my vendor so he could get the latest tune update from Steeda Canada....can't wait to try it out...that is when spring shows up folks.....:(

erickburke 2/2/11 07:21 PM

Does the Steeda tune eliminate the skip-shift feature?

Jcint 2/2/11 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by erickburke (Post 6007728)
Does the Steeda tune eliminate the skip-shift feature?

Yes it does. Oh BTW when you get the CAI and tune and go WOT... THAT BABY ROARS!!!:metal:

Everett 2/2/11 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SynisterGT

There's no such thing as to much power.:devil:

Just not enough traction

Everett 2/2/11 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
After reading this thread, i contacted my vendor so he could get the latest tune update from Steeda Canada....can't wait to try it out...that is when spring shows up folks.....:(

Je sais quesque tu dit. Je ve conduire mon mustang maintenant.....maudit hiver

RaceRed12 2/3/11 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Overboost (Post 6007340)
I just did my taxes today and now the CAI/tune is coming very soon. I'm still torn between Steeda and Brenspeed (I've heard nothing but good about both), and possibly Livernois. Seems like Steeda isn't letting up.

I am considering the same thing Overboost. Does anyone have any experience running the Steeda and Brenspeed tunes for a comparison?