Sponsored By:

My First Run in with the Cops in the 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/11, 10:54 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinoy361

I will take your insight and mold the rest of my life around it. Thank you very much for showing me reality....
*ring ring* um yea mom? Im moving back! Basement still clean?
^^^^
Old 9/22/11, 06:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live around...... notice I didn't say in, one of the most exclusive areas in NY. Scarsdale, Dobbsferry, Ardsley. You see Mercedes,Lexus,Infiniti, all day long around here and yes the Prius is very big around here also. The police are very strict in these areas and are always visible. I have no choice but to drive through these areas when I do take my car out. I have had the Roush AB's since November of 2010. I don't want to jinx myself so that's all I'm saying.

I'm very aware of my surroundings and with the Roush AB's you can play with the loud pedal (gas pedal) 1500-2000 rpm you really don't hear anything it's around 2500 where the fun starts. If your going up a hill you have no choice but to unleash the growl of this exhaust.

I have been pulled over about a dozen times in my life and have always been straight forward with the police they seem to respect that and will let you off with a warning most times. The most recent one was pulling out of the car wash going 1500ft down the street to a gas station to fill up. Cop pulls me over at the pump asks me you know why I stopped you? I say yes I was probably speeding do mind if I pump my gas while you run my plate and write the ticket if you have to? He let me off with a warning and told me if I wanted to have fun to take it up on the thruway which is right behind the gas station. Very nice guy I told him thank you I appreciated what he did for me and have a nice weekend.

In this case I would avoid the area where this nice policeman pulled me over and keep driving responsibly through residential areas and more importantly have fun where I know I can.

Police are human too, depends what kind of mood they are in and what kind of day they are having and more importantly if they are mustang fans! : )

My 2 cents
Old 9/24/11, 10:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
more importantly if they are mustang fans!
This might be true! not saying why tho!
Old 9/25/11, 07:42 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Typical regulation is 95dB from the exhaust. Most reputable aftermarket exhaust companies will abide by that. I don't know if there's a distance related to that or not. I'll see what FMVSS requirements are for OEM later on.
Old 9/26/11, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

In some ways it kinda sucks living in what some people call a 3rd world country. The nice thing is the cops leave you alone for the most part. They are happy if you HAVE any type of exhaust on the car. If it doesn't smoke too bad you pass emissions. I've never known anyone to get stopped for too loud. Usually they motion for me to rev the engine. Or they stop you for police check and ask a million questions. Now they will stop you for speeding. they have some hellofa speed traps. they will set up 50 yards pass the sign and gotcha no time to slow down. Most of the time you can talk your way out of it. My favorite is 45 going in one direction and 30 in the other on the same road at the same spot. Wait this is a 45, no it's not thats a 45 over there. lol crazy.
Old 9/26/11, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
This might be true! not saying why tho!
Copy, paste lol
Old 9/26/11, 07:10 PM

Never had issues on my V6 Roush exhaust (kinda loud). Just learn and watch out for when to lay off the throttle...

lol except one time i stopped at a light next to a police cruiser. It took me about 15 seconds to reach 50mph because I used very little throttle to keep the sound down with him right next to me