Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My First Run in with the Cops in the 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/11, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knightrdrx
Why would you want your car to be louder? Leave the car alone. You should get the ticket.
Are you serious guy? Have you even heard a stock 2010-2012 mustang? They are the most quiet mustang I have ever owned.
Old 9/19/11, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

Sounds like the a**hole who pulled you over lmao
Old 9/19/11, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Wish I knew where you were so I could blast by your house
Guys, I know we all like our cars to sound muscular, and you guys with Harleys like yours to sound...however they sound. But believe it or not, we don't live in a vacuum, and when you drive through neighborhoods with people in them, the volume of some of those bikes is just ridiculous. As least most car exhausts can be driven tamely when needed, but a Harley-type bike is loud without even trying.

So come blast by my house with your Harley, but don't complain when I set up a concert by your house and disturb your afternoon.
Old 9/19/11, 04:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eas9898

Guys, I know we all like our cars to sound muscular, and you guys with Harleys like yours to sound...however they sound. But believe it or not, we don't live in a vacuum, and when you drive through neighborhoods with people in them, the volume of some of those bikes is just ridiculous. As least most car exhausts can be driven tamely when needed, but a Harley-type bike is loud without even trying.

So come blast by my house with your Harley, but don't complain when I set up a concert by your house and disturb your afternoon.
I would actually love if you put on a concert in front of my house! Boring neighborhood so we need some excitement!
In turn ill bring some excitement too, in the form of me and a couple buddies...with open heads and big cams(;
Old 9/19/11, 05:00 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinoy361

I would actually love if you put on a concert in front of my house! Boring neighborhood so we need some excitement!
In turn ill bring some excitement too, in the form of me and a couple buddies...with open heads and big cams(;
hell yeah I'm down to do that !
Old 9/19/11, 05:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Are you serious guy? Have you even heard a stock 2010-2012 mustang? They are the most quiet mustang I have ever owned.
Where in SoCal are you?

I had a 05' with shorty headers, no cats, xpipe, and muffler deletes. I ran it for a while and then put high flow cats on. Now that was loud...and I never got pulled over for it.

Now, I did get pulled over for doing well over 135 on the 5 through Camp Pendleton.... (I was a lot younger and more stupid) But never said anything about my exhaust.
Old 9/19/11, 05:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SurfnSoCal

Where in SoCal are you?
Northridge, which is in the San Fernando Valley.
Old 9/20/11, 02:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

2011-2012***

The 2010s sound decent stock. Almost like a 2011+ with GT500s...
Old 9/20/11, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

I got pulled over the 2nd day of ownership. Got warning for having excessive lights because I had fog lights on he thought I driving around with high beams on.

I had a cop tell me motorcycles come that way from the factroy that loud. I told him oh really must be because you have one thats loud too. Was told to leave he didn't want to see for the rest of the night LOL. SORRY but most are running around with drag pipes/off road systems on the street with there bikes
Old 9/20/11, 11:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
I got pulled over the 2nd day of ownership. Got warning for having excessive lights because I had fog lights on he thought I driving around with high beams on.

I had a cop tell me motorcycles come that way from the factroy that loud. I told him oh really must be because you have one thats loud too. Was told to leave he didn't want to see for the rest of the night LOL. SORRY but most are running around with drag pipes/off road systems on the street with there bikes
Everyone I pass thinks I have my high beams on at night as well lol. I have an 05 gt and when I turn on the headlights and fogs I get like at least 3 people every time who flash there high beams at me like I have mine on. I just flash my high beams right back lol.
Old 9/21/11, 12:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jrpalmer

Everyone I pass thinks I have my high beams on at night as well lol. I have an 05 gt and when I turn on the headlights and fogs I get like at least 3 people every time who flash there high beams at me like I have mine on. I just flash my high beams right back lol.
Lol when I had my 08GT and had the fogs on with the headlights, that happened to me all the time.
Old 9/21/11, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrpalmer
But it just looks so awesome. I always run my fogs. Love it.
Old 9/21/11, 08:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx

But it just looks so awesome. I always run my fogs. Love it.
I never run my fogs anymore due to the HID's, I think it just looks funny with HID's and the fogs at the same time.
Old 9/21/11, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never run my fogs anymore due to the HID's, I think it just looks funny with HID's and the fogs at the same time.
You need some Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs: http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

They look great next to the HID's.
Old 9/21/11, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's precisely why I DIDN'T get HIDs. I don't really need them but I've had them on my last few cars and liked them. But... with this car, I hated the mismatch between the fogs and HIDs so I went with the standard headlights. I also like having the turn signal on the inside of the headlight as opposed to the outside.
Old 9/21/11, 11:05 AM
V6 Member

I don't know anything about adding exhausts and mods and such..I just don't think it's practical use of money..that's just my opinion and i'm sorry to offend any hobbyists. Neither is a bass booming stereo system that sounds absolutely awful from outside the car. Back in college I added knight rider lights and the sound effects pa system to my Tercel...that was fun ..and i got pulled over for it..but i told the cop ..i checked with a precinct if it was legal first and they said ..you won't get a ticket for it unless you were doing something else...and he let it go because i knew it was somewhat illegal and i wasn't doing any harm with them..As for now i do n't do much to my car except replacing the license plate frame..if i can get my hands on a black trans am one day...then that'll be different..
Old 9/21/11, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't know anything about adding exhausts and mods and such..I just don't think it's practical use of money..that's just my opinion and i'm sorry to offend any hobbyists. ..
I felt this way when I had a V6 because I knew I was going to dump it for a V8 and I plan to keep this baby for a very long time so that's why I put money into the car.If you plan to keep it why not spend money on it? If you have a wife you put money into her don't you?
There's no back talk from a car either

one more thing

**** THA POLICE!

Last edited by 2011_STANG_GT; 9/21/11 at 11:32 AM.
Old 9/21/11, 03:40 PM
V6 Member

I don't know anything about adding exhausts and mods and such..I just don't think it's practical use of money.
Buying a sports car is not a practical use of money.

Eating out at restaurants is not a practical use of money.

Going to the movies is not a practical use of money.

High-speed internet is not a practical use of money.

....I can go on all day......
Old 9/21/11, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

As for now i do n't do much to my car except replacing the license plate frame..if i can get my hands on a black trans am one day...then that'll be different..
Cool story bro
Old 9/21/11, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eas9898

Buying a sports car is not a practical use of money.

Eating out at restaurants is not a practical use of money.

Going to the movies is not a practical use of money.

High-speed internet is not a practical use of money.

....I can go on all day......
I will take your insight and mold the rest of my life around it. Thank you very much for showing me reality....
*ring ring* um yea mom? Im moving back! Basement still clean?

Quick Reply: My First Run in with the Cops in the 5.0