2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My 13' t-boned yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/14, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad your ok. But that does definitely stink. Hope you have a quick turnaround time. And hope the kids horse gets better too.
Old 4/14/14, 10:55 PM
GT Member

He'd be Mennonite, if he was driving... Amish don't believe in motorized vehicles, or medical helicopters (try arguing with one that their child needs to be flown, they won't do it, idiots).

Glad you're ok, hopefully your pony gets fixed quickly!
Old 4/15/14, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by 88lx50
Amish? Did he hit you with his horse and buggy?
JK
As long as everyone is OK, car looks fixable. I always wondered how the lower control arm would fair in a crash. It looks flimsy, and the K member it is mounted to does not look too stout either.
Uhhh YEAH! Better to break that than bend the frame!!!
Old 4/15/14, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

And btw, you're in Indy? I'm originally from the north side. Ever go to Cars and Coffee??
Old 4/15/14, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Uhhh YEAH! Better to break that than bend the frame!!!
Yeah it's much safer to have the wheel break off and lose control of the car to protect the frame.
Old 4/15/14, 10:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 88lx50
Yeah it's much safer to have the wheel break off and lose control of the car to protect the frame.
hahaha as if you haven't ALREADY lost control of the vehicle in a wreck? I'll take the broken control arms over the bent frame any day. Also, if you break one control arm, that doesn't mean the wheel will come flying off. You still have the wheel mounted to the hub which is connected to the lower control arm, strut, and tie rod.
Old 4/15/14, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
hahaha as if you haven't ALREADY lost control of the vehicle in a wreck? I'll take the broken control arms over the bent frame any day. Also, if you break one control arm, that doesn't mean the wheel will come flying off. You still have the wheel mounted to the hub which is connected to the lower control arm, strut, and tie rod.
I would rather have the car intact. Let the collision shop deal with getting the frame straight if I can still control the car after the crash. I have gotten hit harder then that in other model cars and never had the suspension break like that. The frame was straightened, bent suspension pieces were changed, and all was good.
Old 4/15/14, 12:14 PM
GT Member

Glad you are alright brother, hope to see her back on the road soon! Curious for an update to see what damage they find in that front suspension...
Old 4/16/14, 03:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Lol and apparently they go on vacation as well. I almost cried laughing when like 50 of them (all dressed similar) got off the "Tower of Terror" ride at at Universal studios.
Don't they even have their own show on the Discovery channel now, something like the 'Amish Mafia"?
Old 4/16/14, 04:46 AM

OUCH

glad that you're okay and the car is fixable
Old 4/16/14, 05:01 AM
GT Member

Glad your ok and best wishes for a speedy repair.
Old 4/17/14, 04:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed

Originally Posted by Azrael
Glad you are alright brother, hope to see her back on the road soon! Curious for an update to see what damage they find in that front suspension...
Got the call yesterday, looks like the repair is going to be around $3500 ad it will done by 4/24... The suspension parts on the estimate were as follows:

Repl LT Strut GT coupe, w/o performance pkg
Repl LT Lower cntrl arm all
Repl Stabilizer bar GT coupe
Repl LT Stabilizer link
Repl LT Hub assy
Subl (Sublet) REPAIR LT FRT WHEEL
Subl (Sublet) 2 WHEEL ALIGNMENT
O/H (Overhaul) frt susp lt

I am going to go by the shop today or tomorrow to pick up a pc monitor I had in the trunk for work, and going to discuss my concerns regarding their plan for the repairs. I am going to try to stay calm and let them know what my expectations for the repairs will be.

- The wheel they "repair" for $125 when I can get a new one for $160 from American Muscle had better match the color of the others 100% or they will be repainting it until it does, or painting all 4.

-I will be measuring the placement and finish of the replacement hash marks ($75 dollars they are charging, LOL) against the other side and they better be identical in placement and flat not glossy

-I need to have them give me the fender emblem before it gets put on so I can plastidip it so it matched the other side and how it was prior to the accident.

Sorry for the long post, but I cannot tell you how MORE stressed I am regarding the repair of the car, then I am about getting over my back and neck pain. I was not familair with any other body shops and hesitantly took my car back to my Ford dealership. I have nothing but good things to say about the service department, but the body shop, from my experience, has been horrible... They had to repaint my rear bumper at least 3 times after someone backed into me in the walmart parking lot. 1st time I could physically see the repairs through the new paint, second time, cover had all kinds of runs in it, on every edge where it met another panel. I had the same issue with a repaint of the passenger door for dirt in the factory paint (they returned it to me the first time and after hand washing it I found several runs in the paint). WISH ME LUCK

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 4/17/14 at 04:32 AM.