2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mobil 1 5w50 Oil Analysis results

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/14, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that like aircraft and all that goes with them, especially WWII birds. There is a months worth of vacation time you can fill in England (wife's homeland). At Duxford north of London near Cambridge they restore and fly all types. (in 2003 my wife's birthday present was a trip to Cambridge and take in the 60th anniversary of the battle of Kursk, wwii tanks cranked up smoke and dust and noise, my wife has not forgotten that birthday!). They have an extensive collection of wwii aircraft flying regularly and many being restored. A full set of prop driven Grumman iron works, mustangs, spits, hurricanes, and some Russian Yak 3's, plus much more. Battle of Britain museum and Imperial war museum are just starts.

I understand there are some great museums in the USA but haven't made it yet.
Old 2/15/14, 05:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
My wife has been wanting me to go on vacation to England. I've told her there's not really all that much there that I'm especially interested in, with the exception of the WWII museums and restoration projects. I think I'll probably end up going over there one more time (I went to play a tournament at St. Andrews and Muirfield but had no time for any other activities) and doing a tour of the various WWII restoration projects.
Old 2/17/14, 06:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
My wife has been wanting me to go on vacation to England. I've told her there's not really all that much there that I'm especially interested in, with the exception of the WWII museums and restoration projects. I think I'll probably end up going over there one more time (I went to play a tournament at St. Andrews and Muirfield but had no time for any other activities) and doing a tour of the various WWII restoration projects.
If you're into history at all, and it sounds like you are, there's enough great stuff in London alone to let you have fun for a solid week or more. Parliament and Westminster Abbey are obvious ones, along with The Tower of London and St. Paul's. Churchill's War Room Museum is awesome, as is the Imperial War Museum in Greenwich. And the British Museum is probably the greatest museum in the world. I went to London four years ago on a vacation with my family and cannot wait to go back again. Such an incredible place.
Old 2/17/14, 11:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
If you're into history at all, and it sounds like you are, there's enough great stuff in London alone to let you have fun for a solid week or more. Parliament and Westminster Abbey are obvious ones, along with The Tower of London and St. Paul's. Churchill's War Room Museum is awesome, as is the Imperial War Museum in Greenwich. And the British Museum is probably the greatest museum in the world. I went to London four years ago on a vacation with my family and cannot wait to go back again. Such an incredible place.
Not to continue to hijack this thread, but eleven years ago my wife and I went to Rome and Florence for a six-day trip with her company. I'm a huge ancient history buff and the trip was nirvana for me. It's quite an experience to stand in the same places in which our Western philosophy was born; far better than reading about it. I would love to visit Greece, but it's just too unstable.

The UK's early pagan history intrigues me, as well as their late period and "modern" historical development. The war museums have been recommended to me before, and I would imagine we'll make our way over there once we've built our house.
Old 2/18/14, 12:25 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Not to continue to hijack this thread, but eleven years ago my wife and I went to Rome and Florence for a six-day trip with her company. I'm a huge ancient history buff and the trip was nirvana for me. It's quite an experience to stand in the same places in which our Western philosophy was born; far better than reading about it. I would love to visit Greece, but it's just too unstable. The UK's early pagan history intrigues me, as well as their late period and "modern" historical development. The war museums have been recommended to me before, and I would imagine we'll make our way over there once we've built our house.

I'd love to go to England but I would need a translator.
Old 2/18/14, 03:27 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Me too. Any farther north than Kentucky, can't understand a thing people say
Old 2/18/14, 04:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To place this hijacked thread back on course....do the folks in London England, Florence/Rome, and Greece do oil analysis?
Old 2/18/14, 07:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If we end up going to Scotland, definitely. Whatever it is they speak, it ain't English.