Sponsored By:

A little update on the MT-82 issue

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/11, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkeye18
In all stereotypes, there is truth.

Chinese manufacturers have a stereotype for cutting corners in processes, materials, workmanship and QC. It is not entirely undeserved.

ISO compliance means nothing; you can be ISO9002 certified and still produce ****. As long as it's well-documented ****, ISO doesn't care.

People in the US produce ****, but not for long because they either get shut down by regulatory agencies, or sued out of existence. There are no meaningful regulatory agencies in China, and good luck suing a Chinese company. There is no motivation to produce a high quality product there, therefore we get **** transmissions.

And yes, I own one.
I have friends from china and believe it or not us from the west are a joke to them. They are well aware that they build and sell us junk. It's their goal to send us garbage that beaks quickly so they can sell us another. They dont care. The quality of the products are built like crap on purpose. Keeps their and our economy rolling

Good men fought and died for our way of life
Old 5/7/11, 06:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SD6
So I guess by your same reasoning, Boeing must make really ****ty quality planes for their customers on the other side of the world.
How is this even close to being analagous to my point?
Old 5/7/11, 06:29 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well in defense of China, they grow some great green tea.

And authentic sweet and sour kitty cat and the bow wow chow yuk is to die for!

Old 5/7/11, 08:21 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
How is this even close to being analagous to my point?
Most of Boeing's customers are on the other side of the world.

Or another analogy if you prefer are Apple products. Management and key customers are in North America, yet the products are built in China.
Old 5/7/11, 11:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Vito
Don't own one but you're an expert by reading the internet?

been through the same thing with different cars. spent my youth building them..

wish i had the internet back then for find stuff fast.. stuff that used to take a year to figure out now takes days.. i recall a borg warner t-10 sideplate issue.

btw, vito. i really enjoy your posts! being serious. i have been reading here for almost a year.

beers

Last edited by Swoope; 5/7/11 at 11:49 PM.
Old 5/8/11, 02:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Swoope

been through the same thing with different cars. spent my youth building them..

wish i had the internet back then for find stuff fast.. stuff that used to take a year to figure out now takes days.. i recall a borg warner t-10 sideplate issue.

btw, vito. i really enjoy your posts! being serious. i have been reading here for almost a year.

beers
Thank you and it looks like you're an expert through experience

I always consider my posts the babbling of a village idiot though
Old 5/8/11, 03:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Dropped my car off today, said it will be 4-5 days to even look at the transmission.. thats how backed up he is..
Old 5/9/11, 09:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
From Deysha over at Ford CS on AFM.

Quote:

I understand things are not moving very fast for you guys. However, believe me, this is being investigated and diligently worked on. Patience my people, patience.
Thank you!

Deysha
Old 5/27/11, 10:33 PM

Not moving fast, would you like to walk or ride the bus to work? I talked to two ford dealers in knoxville ,tn last week, tried to get Erwin motors to work on on mine.The answer I got was bring it in and leave it.Or if it was abused I would have to pay.I fixed the dam clutch my self. some idiot left the pressure plate bolts loose,and it sheared the line up pins.$1000 later for a new ram dual disc clutch and flywheel---- fixed by me---black flag the dam car ford service badddd.this car won't see ford service as long as I own it vin #1zvbp8cf9b5124905 also car has been 12.04 115 mph at bristol

Last edited by bennie; 5/29/11 at 05:25 PM.
Old 5/28/11, 02:55 PM
GT Member

I just hope this whole thing gets figured out soon. I have started to hear whining at 2nd and 3rd gears after my clutch forced me into second from third on the highway. Not cool and not good for your motor to over rev like that. Also before anyone claims user error i have been driving manual transmissions for over 10 years now and have never done anything like that before (kinda hard to miss 4th from 3rd, its a straight shot)
Old 5/28/11, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
people that really know anything in this thread, zero
Old 5/28/11, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
people that really know anything in this thread, zero
People that are BANNED! About time this joker was banned!

Line through her username looks beautiful!
Old 5/28/11, 06:42 PM
V6 Member

http://corporate.ford.com/news-cente...ts-first-34639

Ford must be looking at the Mustang transmission issues as atypical...
Old 5/28/11, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StuckInNYForever
http://corporate.ford.com/news-cente...ts-first-34639

Ford must be looking at the Mustang transmission issues as atypical...
So sick of this crap!

INVEST IN AMERICA!If the government would get out of the way!

This country is going down for the count!We need jobs here not there!

Time to do away with the union thugs in this country!

I'm the only one apparently because nobody else is doing a **** thing about this RAPING OF AMERICA!

Done with my rant sorry if you have a different view!NO NOT REALLY!
Old 5/28/11, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang

So sick of this crap!

INVEST IN AMERICA!If the government would get out of the way!

This country is going down for the count!We need jobs here not there!

Time to do away with the union thugs in this country!

I'm the only one apparently because nobody else is doing a **** thing about this RAPING OF AMERICA!

Done with my rant sorry if you have a different view!NO NOT REALLY!
Well put. The unions were once very necessary,that time has past. Now they are no more than a tax.
Old 5/28/11, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Everett
Well put. The unions were once very necessary,that time has past. Now they are no more than a tax.
Telling you guys this crap has to be put to rest!

Don't even get me started on taxes!

One world my ***!My country is what's important not 1 world order run by CHINA or anybody else!

What in the hell are our amazing men & women of the armed forces putting their lives on the line for?

Stop giving our freaking money away by the billions to other countries!

Obama has the ***** to talk to other countries about security or their economy REALLY!He can't take care of his own country & he has the nuts to tell anyone else how to take care of their problems!He promises them money & help when our asses are BROKE!

All he's done is dig us a bigger hole!Take care of your country & people first!Then you can worry about the rest of the world!

Don't agree I don't care!

Last edited by knk11stang; 5/28/11 at 10:36 PM. Reason: add
Old 5/29/11, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

So the fact that they built a plant in China to build stuff for the Chinese auto market upsets you? Yes we need new jobs, but as long as people want to pay bottom dollar for an item the parts are going to be coming from somewhere else. If the base GT cost 2 grand more but came with a tremec I'm sure most of the enthusiasts wouldn't complain too much, but how many sales overall do you think they would lose because of the price increase? I agree that I would rather have a car made in the US, but it just isn't going to happen anymore.
Old 5/29/11, 12:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
So the fact that they built a plant in China to build stuff for the Chinese auto market upsets you? Yes we need new jobs, but as long as people want to pay bottom dollar for an item the parts are going to be coming from somewhere else. If the base GT cost 2 grand more but came with a tremec I'm sure most of the enthusiasts wouldn't complain too much, but how many sales overall do you think they would lose because of the price increase? I agree that I would rather have a car made in the US, but it just isn't going to happen anymore.
+1 couldn't have said it any better...
Old 5/29/11, 01:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
Ha....k so 2 grand up front for quality or that pos that's in it now. Ha. Ford could eat the 2 grand extra and it will still cost em less than the mess that tranny is causing them right now. I bet 2k per unit is looking pretty attractive. And if it's stated somewhere that this car costs an extra few bucks because we want to keep an American working it might bring people in. Seriously. When a gt costs ya 30k already what's a couple extra grand. 4 more payments,big deal

Last edited by Everett; 5/29/11 at 01:12 AM.
Old 5/29/11, 08:03 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by bennie
Not moving fast, would you like to walk or ride the bus to work? I talked to two ford dealers in knoxville ,tn last week, tried to get Erwin motors to work on on mine.The answer I got was bring it in and leave it.Or if it was abused I would have to pay.I fixed the dam clutch my self some idiot left the pressure plate bolts loose,and it sheared the line up pins.$1000 later for a new ram dual disc clutch and flywheel---- fixed by me---black flag the dam car ford service badddd.this car won't see for service as long as I own it vin #1zvbp8cf9b5124905
That's to bad, because the clutch bolts loosening off is a known issue that Ford has issued a specific fix for.

Quick Reply: A little update on the MT-82 issue