2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I was refused an oil change!

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/12, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigR
Your missing the point....the car is under warrenty for years....if they say that the change is at 5,000 than that when you change it.

If BMW says change it at 1,000 that's BMW .... Feel free to change it at the ford dealer early....if you car eventually starts to burn in the year to come, good luck with ford helping....they will gladly say, you changed the oil to early....sorry we won't cover you.

Good luck with that mate !
Please tell me you are joking....
Old 8/4/12, 01:14 PM
GT Member

Your missing the point....the car is under warrenty for years....if they say that the change is at 5,000 than that when you change it.

If BMW says change it at 1,000 that's BMW .... Feel free to change it at the ford dealer early....if you car eventually starts to burn in the year to come, good luck with ford helping....they will gladly say, you changed the oil to early....sorry we won't cover you.

Good luck with that mate !
I am pretty sure that will not happen from changing the oil early.
Old 8/4/12, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by blackbeard
Please tell me you are joking....
Big business needs any excuse nowadays not to cover you.

No im not joking.....try it, let me know how to goes for ya.

I know of many people that had a major issue with a car just go over 10miles on warrenty and were told to pound salt.

If the Manuel says first oil change at 5,000 then you should follow the manufacture recommended intervals.

Again, I suspect ford engineers know engines better than you ...and I don't care what credentials you have.
Old 8/4/12, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ATTFighter
I am pretty sure that will not happen from changing the oil early.
How do you know ? are you a ford engine engineer ? Do you think all these ford designers haven't tested your engine to get the maximum out of it for wear and tear ?

You have it writing that they will protect you if you change it early ? Break in oil on new cars are very secific .... Do you have scientific evidence to show its better. Or worse for your car to change it early ? .... Ford is in the bix to make money...not make the odd guy happy because he didn't want to follow the warrenty book.
Old 8/4/12, 01:26 PM
GT Member

How do you know ? are you a ford engine engineer ? Do you think all these ford designers haven't tested your engine to get the maximum out of it for wear and tear ?

You have it writing that they will protect you if you change it early ? Break in oil on new cars are very secific .... Do you have scientific evidence to show its better. Or worse for your car to change it early ? .... Ford is in the bix to make money...not make the odd guy happy because he didn't want to follow the warrenty book.
hmmmmm says the guy who made this thread https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...mended-509484/

and what do i see in that thread i see people posting that they did it at 1,000 miles, that the DEALER TOLD THEM to come in and do it at 1,000 for free and that another guy did it at 890 miles.... and quite a few other post saying their dealer did it in the 1,000-2000 range... so whats your point? Plenty of people AND DEALERS have done it in the range I WANT TO DO IT.... and that was my point of this post that many others have done it and the dealers have done it for them and MINE REFUSED.
Old 8/4/12, 01:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm not even reading this stupid thread but I get the picture. The dealer is not gonna give you a free oil change every 1000 miles. There also is no reason to change your oil every 1000 miles unless you're racing it constantly. Maybe you can talk them into every 3000 miles if you're lucky but that will probably be the best you are gonna get.
Old 8/4/12, 01:30 PM
V6 Member

Hate to break it to you but it's really not...

Most new engines require very little break in to start with.

If it was very specific it's funny how the only mention of oil in the coyote crate engine manuals is to use a 5w50 synthetic. No mention of any special break in oil or specific change intevals. Link.
Old 8/4/12, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow this thread got heated quick. No shoes, no shirt, no 5000 miles, no service.
Old 8/4/12, 01:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I'm not even reading this stupid thread but I get the picture. The dealer is not gonna give you a free oil change every 1000 miles. There also is no reason to change your oil every 1000 miles unless you're racing it constantly. Maybe you can talk them into every 3000 miles if you're lucky but that will probably be the best you are gonna get.
We are not talking about a free oil change every 1,000. We are talking about your FIRST oil change at 1,000 miles. And the point of whether it is paid or free has nothing to do it with. Just happens to be that the first one is FREE on ford.
Old 8/4/12, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Early oil change....not necessary...most likely no effect on engine.
Dealer refusing service...bad.
Salesman fixing customer complaint...good.
Pissed off service department...watch for next post on how they screwed up my car...lol
Mark the filter to be sure it gets changed.
Argue on line....lol
Old 8/4/12, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Early oil change....not necessary...most likely no effect on engine.
Dealer refusing service...bad.
Salesman fixing customer complaint...good.
Pissed off service department...watch for next post on how they screwed up my car...lol
Mark the filter to be sure it gets changed.
Argue on line....lol
lol.... gotta admit that was funny but at least i got an answer that actually has to do with the thread. And that was to confirm that they should not have refused it.
Old 8/4/12, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I changed mine at 2300 ,6300 and have 10700 and about to do it again , I don't think keeping good oil in a car hurts it I would just do it your self , I go buy my oil and filter and bring it to a local performance shop here and they change it for 13 bucks. At least I know what I'm paying for is going into the motor and yes they should have honored your request but it doesn't surprise me they didn

Last edited by Burke985; 8/4/12 at 02:02 PM.
Old 8/4/12, 02:10 PM
V6 Member

My dealer said that he would give me my free oil change whenever I wanted & that the factory oil was not special break-in oil. I had my mechanic change my oil with 5w50 Castrol EDGE & NAPA Gold filter.

When changing the oil in the '13 GT500, how does one get the oil out of the track pack's engine oil cooler located in the front grill? Does the oil gravity-drain back into the oil pan when the engine is cut? My call to SVT has them also working on an answer.

I couldn't stand going past 750 mi on my new Performance White, stripe delete Shelby without changing the factory oil, now full of factory assembly lubricants! The oil refill w/filter does take 8.5 qts, not the 9.5 qts that the mags have been saying, unless the oil cooler always holds the last qt!
Old 8/4/12, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Hours of run time has more value in the equation than miles. I drove the car hard the first 1000(not abused). Changed the oil to M1EP and installed the Steeda 93 tune and CAI. The car now has 12,000 miles and couldn't be stronger.

Last edited by 2012GT; 8/4/12 at 03:46 PM.
Old 8/4/12, 02:16 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
I dont think roller cam engines get it, but dont know...used to be there was extra zinc or molydisulfide in the initial oil- mostly to protect the camshaft until the surface burnished in a decent wear pattern- changing that early could damage the engine...perhaps theres a additive in these for the plastic camchain guides, or the bearingless cam journals?
anyone know someone at a engine plant that could find out what oil they use?

personally I'd think by 1k, any wear patterns would already be established, but still, why change early? one thing i always do- first change on a new car, i'll keep the filter, carefully cut it open with a utility knife, unroll the meda and look for shavings- mostly to see how good of a job the factory did cleaning the block before assembly...
Old 8/4/12, 02:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, to all the early oil change detractors, if they gave the OP a free oil change and he wants it done at 1000 then why should you care if that's what he wants to do and why should the dealer care what the miles are? And then after that they are off the hook for the free oil change.

If their argument is to protect the warranty then that is bogus, all that matters to warranty retention is that it gets changed at least by the time the oil life monitor says that it's time.

Threads like this always just end up in the crapper.
Old 8/4/12, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I say quit dirtying up the planet with premature oil changes.
Old 8/4/12, 02:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Well, to all the early oil change detractors, if they gave the OP a free oil change and he wants it done at 1000 then why should you care if that's what he wants to do and why should the dealer care what the miles are? And then after that they are off the hook for the free oil change.

If their argument is to protect the warranty then that is bogus, all that matters to warranty retention is that it gets changed at least by the time the oil life monitor says that it's time.

Threads like this always just end up in the crapper.
thank you.......
Old 8/4/12, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can someone say whether or not an oil change done at say 200,milked will have done damage? When i bought the car used, the previous owner offered to take it to the dealer to take advantage of the free oil change before it changed hands. Should i be worried?
Old 8/4/12, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ATTFighter

Actually no, oil change is not covered under warranty you have to pay for it. The first one is just free from ford because i bought a 40k car from them. So again, it is my car I own it and they should NOT be able to tell me what to do with MY CAR especially when oil change is not a warranty issue. Again, I know plenty of guys and people on the forums who prefer to do an oil change at 1,000 miles. My dad had an M6 about a year ago and they REQUIRED an oil change at 1,000 miles. Just to prove your wrong, I called the sales manager who sold my my car and he said the way they handles it was wrong and to come in when I want and they will do the oil change since its my wishing to do so.
The manager isn't telling you you're right. He's just trying to keep a customer. You are absolutely wrong about this silly idea of changing your oil early. Its better to wait til the appropriate interval because of the break in period. Your engine wont properly break in if you change the oil early.

If you don't like their service then go somewhere else and stop whining about it. And please don't waste space on the internet with your foolish rant

Last edited by SlowRiderr; 8/4/12 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: I was refused an oil change!