Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I don't think the next Mustang will be anything like what people hope it will be.

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/07, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Actually, they don't need to produce 400 HP in order to have enough torque to propel you to 60 in about 3 seconds.

The fundamental principle of an electric car is already proven to work - it's storing enough energy to get decent range out of them, and the fact that if everyone had electric cars it would put a huge strain on an already taxed electric grid, that are the remaining problems.

Brazil has been using biofuel made from sugar cane for years now, and it apparently works like a charm. The problem is the amount of energy (and water) it takes to grow sugar cane.

Go to the link in one of my responses above to read about the DMF...biomass...bagasse, bio-degradable trash, etc can be used in the process to produce sugar, then convert it to sucrose, then to DMF: 40% higher energy contect than EToH, much lower RVP, doesn't absorb water (can be piped conventionally)...best of all is that the infrastructure used to produce EToH could be converted to produce DMF...
Old 7/2/07, 03:52 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by michaelkulov
...are u just playing a nerdy run around number game here?

Yep, me and the world's top scientists are just playing a "nerdy run around game here." We hatched it specifically to cause YOU grief. No one else, JUST you. Because, after all, it's ALL about you...right?

The global cooling theory back in the '70s was wrong. Plain and simple. Given how fast Greenland's ice sheet is currently disappearing, that theory was actually VERY wrong. Fact is, science is better now, and we know more now than we did back then. Also, the amount of support from the scientific community for the global cooling theory back then was but a tiny fraction of the number of scientists today who endorse that global warming is happening...happening all around us...and happening right now.

the conservation effort spurred by this stuff is good but the doomsday scenario is debatable.
It all depends upon how you define doomsday. It's not going to eradicate humanity or anything like that, but a certain fraction of the population is likely to die (particularly those already suffering in the developing world)...and it sure as Hades is going to change the way we live and interact with others around the globe before the end of this century.
Old 7/2/07, 03:57 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by MrClean
Go to the link in one of my responses above to read about the DMF...biomass...bagasse, bio-degradable trash, etc can be used in the process to produce sugar, then convert it to sucrose, then to DMF: 40% higher energy contect than EToH, much lower RVP, doesn't absorb water (can be piped conventionally)...best of all is that the infrastructure used to produce EToH could be converted to produce DMF...
If we can sort out the problems, that will be a very good solution.

I tend to believe that hydrogen will be the energy of the future, but right now it's not viable, because we don't have the technology to make it efficiently - it takes more energy to make than it produces. Some believe that due to certain physical laws, it will never be efficient to make, but I wonder if that's just due to our technological limitations right now.

Even if it ever is viable, it won't be a plentiful source of energy for many decades to come.

The big problem is aircraft. Unless someone has evidence to the contrary, I don't believe jet aircraft will run on hydrogen OR biofuel.
Old 7/2/07, 04:31 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Canadians and Russians should be all for Global Warming. All that Tundra and Taiga will become inhabitable land. Go ahead and get some cheap beach front property on Hudson Bay.
Old 7/2/07, 04:40 PM

science is always gettin better in'it? plz dude lol
Old 7/2/07, 04:42 PM

when this theory is debunked u can use the same argument moving forward ... looking forward to it

all knowing science

still can't cure a pimple LOL
Old 7/2/07, 04:44 PM

PS: you = all top scientists??? EGO_O anyone???

triple post FTW
Old 7/2/07, 05:53 PM
Closet American

all knowing science

still can't cure a pimple LOL
Well that pretty much reveals your age right there.

I hear Oxywash works pretty good.

Old 7/2/07, 05:55 PM
Closet American

PS: you = all top scientists??? EGO_O anyone???
Me AND, dude...not me =. Basic comprehension 101. Don't mistake intelligence for ego.
Old 7/2/07, 05:59 PM
Closet American

science is always gettin better in'it? plz dude lol
Please...what?

You don't believe science is always getting better? Funny, I don't remember us being able to fly 300 years ago, or put a man on the moon 100 years ago...or get a shot of penicillin 500 years ago...or chat on the Internet 20 years ago.

plz dude!
Old 7/2/07, 06:00 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Canadians and Russians should be all for Global Warming. All that Tundra and Taiga will become inhabitable land. Go ahead and get some cheap beach front property on Hudson Bay.
Yeah, oddly enough, there will be some side benefits, as there always is. Course, if you live in Arizona or New Mexico ... well, it'll be harder and harder to live there, if you like water, that is.
Old 7/2/07, 06:46 PM

Well that pretty much reveals your age right there.

I hear Oxywash works pretty good.

hey im 25 and people get severe acne well into their late 20s with some women and men retaining this ailment whose exact cause is still unclear to this day into their 40s... older remedies, not newer laser remedies, are still the benchmark in treatment regarding this example to demonstrate the fallacy of the claim that newer ways of thinking/acting are better than older. is global cooling/warming an observable phenomenon? absolutely. is it man made. POSSIBLY. that's the key word here. claiming that newer science and its discoveries/data is immediately more meritable than older IS jumping the gun and speaks volumes as to the insight, patience and compassionable nature of an individual; good luck 2 u anyhow.
Old 7/2/07, 06:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Yet no one seems to see on the map that a bunch of states are higher than most of population of Ontario.... hahahah

"How's the weather up there?"
"You're higher than us, you tell me ***nuts"
Old 7/2/07, 08:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Please...what?

You don't believe science is always getting better? Funny, I don't remember us being able to fly 300 years ago, or put a man on the moon 100 years ago...or get a shot of penicillin 500 years ago...or chat on the Internet 20 years ago.

plz dude!
How old were you 20 years ago?
I had internet communication before that. Where were you?
Old 7/2/07, 08:17 PM
GT Member

http://www.surfacestations.org/odd_sites.htm

Just one example of the global warming al gore flavored koolaid.
Old 7/2/07, 08:43 PM
Closet American

[QUOTE=michaelkulov;954032]

is global cooling/warming an observable phenomenon? absolutely. is it man made. POSSIBLY.
Hooray! Progress! You've moved from "...when this theory is debunked..." to "possibly" in just a few posts. Nanners for the noob!

good luck 2 u anyhow.
If you're planning on hanging around here for a while, you might want to be a little less combative when first addressing the posts of others ... otherwise you best save some of that luck for yourself.
Old 7/2/07, 08:45 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by karman
How old were you 20 years ago?
I had internet communication before that. Where were you?
I didn't get Internet till '93.

I'm a troglodyte.

Old 7/2/07, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey NHGT, if you're not a Mod, pls tell me how you changed the "grade" that is assigned depending on the number of posts...or is that a priviledge you acquire when you're past 3000!
Old 7/2/07, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow! I just graduated to Bullit member!
Old 7/2/07, 09:04 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by MrClean
Hey NHGT, if you're not a Mod, pls tell me how you changed the "grade" that is assigned depending on the number of posts...or is that a priviledge you acquire when you're past 3000!
It should just change automatically when you reach a certain number of posts, I believe.

Quick Reply: I don't think the next Mustang will be anything like what people hope it will be.