Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I don't think the next Mustang will be anything like what people hope it will be.

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/07, 09:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Umm >>
Your EGO just wouldn't let you start a new thread, huh.
Old 6/30/07, 10:22 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
but remember, too, as CO2 levels continue to rise in the atmosphere - as the Sun gets "warmer" - that will mean we will be trapping even more of the Sun's heat.
I wouldn't say "trap" more like delaying the engery transfer. If the earth "trapped" all the Sun's heat we would be in a constant state of warming, and there would be no variation in history. And we all know there has been variation in CO2 concentration and temperature changes.
Old 6/30/07, 10:50 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
can we stop talking about global warming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you're SOL because 2 moderators have been sucked into this arguement

Due to global warming, the 2010 mustang will be electric powered with the equvalent of 86hp (75 rwhp). On the plus side, it will have hips
Old 7/1/07, 12:35 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Due to global warming, the 2010 mustang will be electric powered with the equvalent of 86hp (75 rwhp). On the plus side, it will have hips
And it will be called the Mustang II.

Old 7/1/07, 02:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sun's output increases and the earth get's hotter? Duh!
I heard it switched to DFI and VVT.

Old 7/1/07, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

can we stop talking about global warming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1!
I think you're SOL because 2 moderators have been sucked into this arguement
are both you and NHGT moderators? If so I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet.....

Hey, I used to have a Honda Insight and it only had like 69 hp, but the torque from the electric motor could lay twin strips of rubber at launch...
Old 7/1/07, 01:56 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Is this one of the "real" scientists you are refering to with a Big Oil past?

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/...ming020507.htm
OK, Evil, just to follow up, I did some further research into Tim Ball. Turns out Ball is known in Canada as someone who would say the sky was red if someone else insisted it was blue. He’s a joke, not a climate scientist at all, but business groups keep paying him to come and speak. He’s covertly supported by the climate-denial think tank gang in Alberta, which has (now-buried) ties to Stephen Harper.

Bottom line: he gets paid money to go around to speaking engagements spouting the contrarian view.
Old 7/1/07, 01:58 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by MrClean
are both you and NHGT moderators? If so I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet.....
TMS doesn't ban or chastise members for expressing themselves.
Old 7/1/07, 02:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OK, Evil, just to follow up, I did some further research into Tim Ball. Turns out Ball is known in Canada as someone who would say the sky was red if someone else insisted it was blue. He’s a joke, not a climate scientist at all, but business groups keep paying him to come and speak. He’s covertly supported by the climate-denial think tank gang in Alberta, which has (now-buried) ties to Stephen Harper.

Bottom line: he gets paid money to go around to speaking engagements spouting the contrarian view.
I'll bet he'll be in the Big Apple is it when Al Gore is there for the big Music fest having din din with them !
Old 7/1/07, 03:23 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Yeah, I found out some of that as well over the past day.
Old 7/1/07, 07:28 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by MrClean
+1!

The other mod is Evil Capri (not NHGT). To be a moderator, you have to be a right wing, republican conservative, ditto head.

Brad performs a background check on each mod prior to hiring. Upon hiring we swear an oath to neo-conservatism and become members of the John Birch Society
Old 7/1/07, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

The other mod is Evil Capri (not NHGT). To be a moderator, you have to be a right wing, republican conservative, ditto head.

Brad performs a background check on each mod prior to hiring. Upon hiring we swear an oath to neo-conservatism and become members of the John Birch Society
BWAHAHAHA!!! Now that's a funny post!
Amen for the military ; I read the post to my wife and she said anytime you're in Texas drop us a line and we'll whip you up some bittles!
Old 7/1/07, 07:44 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I lived in San Antonio TX for 3 years (03-06).

Back to the global warming debate. Or if anyone is still holding out for 2010 mustang info in this thread...
Old 7/1/07, 08:31 PM
Closet American

To be a moderator, you have to be a right wing, republican conservative, ditto head.

I knew it.

"Left-wing, tree-hugging, Darwin-supporting, tea-drinking, quiche-eating, gay-loving, global warming-touting, God-denouncing, 'Eve-on-top-of-a-Triceratops-denying peacenik weenies" need not apply.

Old 7/1/07, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I lived in San Antonio TX for 3 years (03-06).

Back to the global warming debate. Or if anyone is still holding out for 2010 mustang info in this thread...

No, I'm cool with the topic change to global warming...it is somewhat related to the original topic, as far as what the Original Pony Car will look like from a powertrain technology standpoint.

I do agree somewhat that there are several factors at work on the global warming issue....NHGT: I don't outright discard the idea that we're contributing by emitting CO2, and by flaring natural gas, etc. But rather I think the debate is, or should be, how much of an effect we're having versus the angle of the poles and the increased heat output of the sun.

Nevertheless, I agree we need to reduce or at least minimize our carbon footprint.
Old 7/1/07, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Now if electric engines could produce 400 hp, id buy it
Old 7/2/07, 02:27 PM
Closet American

Now if electric engines could produce 400 hp, id buy it
Actually, they don't need to produce 400 HP in order to have enough torque to propel you to 60 in about 3 seconds.

The fundamental principle of an electric car is already proven to work - it's storing enough energy to get decent range out of them, and the fact that if everyone had electric cars it would put a huge strain on an already taxed electric grid, that are the remaining problems.

Brazil has been using biofuel made from sugar cane for years now, and it apparently works like a charm. The problem is the amount of energy (and water) it takes to grow sugar cane.
Old 7/2/07, 03:01 PM

wasn't there a global cooling scare about a decade ago... top scientists from all over saying that we were about to have temps plummet and be on the verge of another ice age
Old 7/2/07, 03:08 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by michaelkulov
wasn't there a global cooling scare about a decade ago... top scientists from all over saying that we were about to have temps plummet and be on the verge of another ice age
Yeah, we've covered that ad nauseum.
Old 7/2/07, 03:12 PM

so what's to differentiate that scare from this... are u just playing a nerdy run around number game here? the conservation effort spurred by this stuff is good but the doomsday scenario is debatable.

Quick Reply: I don't think the next Mustang will be anything like what people hope it will be.