Old 9/30/10, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"2013 .... look the **** out...."

Boomer, you are at it again. Hints?
Old 9/30/10, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ditto on the deceptively fast commentary, and on winding it up. In the old days, cars were out of breath at 4500 RPM, but with the new 5.0 at 4500 RPM, it's just getting started.

My favorite thing about a powerful muscle car is being able to peel out from a rolling start. That's just total awesomeness. It was perhaps easier on some older muscle cars that had more abrupt low end torque, but the new 5.0 can still do it.
Old 9/30/10, 02:26 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Well I've owned an 05 GT, the 08 Bullitt and currently an 08 GT500. So I think I've got a good handle on the power these cars put out. I've test drove several 5.0's and 011 GT500's. If you can't feel the power in these two models than you're either in denial or there is something impairing your senses.
Both cars offer significant performance above their counterparts from previous model years.
This.
Old 9/30/10, 04:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
To the OP..the salesman tossed you the keys to 2 brand new 2011 5.0 GTs and let you take it out and rip it a new one (if true, feel sorry for the one that bought the car) and he wasn't in the car with you? Not to mention you didn't feel a difference between that and your 06 Must. GT? Does anyone else find this story a little far fetched? I'm having a hard time believing this story...sorry.

Dave
Earnhardt Ford in the Phoenix area let me take cars for a spin with no saleman. I was new off the streets and had never purchased a car from them. They're right off the freeway so there's plenty off opportunity to open it up. Seems to be the way they do business. Now if my 21 year old broke college student nephew showed up, they probably wouldn't do the same.
Old 9/30/10, 04:33 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah but Earnhardt ford is well... ummm not a place to buy from or get repair work.

little things like not letting women leave the dealer without buying a car.. she called the cops and sued them

they are the kind of dealer that throws your keys on the roof or loses your keys/paperwork
Old 9/30/10, 06:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
yeah but Earnhardt ford is well... ummm not a place to buy from or get repair work.

little things like not letting women leave the dealer without buying a car.. she called the cops and sued them

they are the kind of dealer that throws your keys on the roof or loses your keys/paperwork
Only place I've ever been where I've drove on the freeway without a salesman. of course they tried to make a sell, but I able to get outta there just the same as any other dealer I've visited. never bought a car from them but they've always treated me fine as a potential customer.
Old 9/30/10, 07:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
The owner had the gears installed. I was very impressed with the new auto. A good tune should really wake it up.

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
An automatic 2011 with 3.73's?

Aftermarket gear install?

Also, I think the OP is another person who has been decieved by the 2011. They apparently seem much slower than they actually are.
Old 9/30/10, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thoughts on the 5.0

I also test drove an M6 GT recently. It was interesting how different the exhaust note is compared to my 08 GT. Not bad, just really different, I agree with the refinement comments, it was a lot quieter.

The Pros: I drove one with a glass roof, and even with the extra weight I think you'd just have to be high not to notice the difference in power. My sales guy took me out on a deserted back-road he's familiar with and said "do your worst." I guess he let me because I was getting my 08GT serviced at the time so he prolly figured I knew how to drive okay. Awfully trusting for being in the passenger seat with a stranger... But I digress lol. I had a little trouble with the shifter (hit the gate into 3rd), but jesus, the pull doesn't stop! I hit the rev limiter, and was amazed at how fast it flies through the rpms. Very very smooth. And as with others impressions, I thought the speed was really deceptive. I thought I was at 90 and when I looked down I was at 120! I think I was in 4th (that might be wrong, I was a little excited, I hadn't meant to go QUITE that fast on a test drive) at that speed and she was still pulling like a champ.

Cons: The one I drove had one of the most pathetically weak clutch springs. It was like there was no resistance at all. Not my preference. Also, I'm not a fan of the shifter. Kept having issues getting the gear I wanted and getting it into gear correctly. I've owned a 6spd before with the same layout, but the mustang just didn't feel like it had much...'solidity?' to the shifter. I'd be looking for an aftermarket replacement quick.

Other than that, it was an awesome car. Can't wait to see how much power people start pushing out of their Coyotes. Also waiting to see how reliable they are (I'm an admitted nervous buyer when it comes to new technology).

Last edited by Mackitraz; 9/30/10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 9/30/10, 08:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The clutch is how they all feel.

I was so used to my 05 when I drove the 11, that I almost put the clutch through the floor (how effortless it was)
Old 9/30/10, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I am going to go out on a limb here, and suggest the dealer's are putting regular gas in the cars, and most likely not even the best regular. Because they are cheap, they are not using the premium fuel required to experience full power. This car is night and day when compared to my '07 4.6 GT/CS. I use only premium and the power is there, believe me
Old 10/1/10, 04:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I am going to go out on a limb here, and suggest the dealer's are putting regular gas in the cars, and most likely not even the best regular. Because they are cheap, they are not using the premium fuel required to experience full power. This car is night and day when compared to my '07 4.6 GT/CS. I use only premium and the power is there, believe me
You are right. My had 87 and if you look at a lot of the guys who tune these cars when they arrive to them all have 87 in them if they are coming right from the dealer lots.
Old 10/1/10, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
Premium does not add that much. The auto definitely feels weak at first but the manual with 3.73's feels like a wild beast wthout a tune or premium. You just need to know how to drive it and when to shift. Thats the real problem.....people are shifting early.