2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/16 | 02:31 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
i don't know about you guys in the states where it doesn't snow. But... its the time of season here where its starting to warm up again. Just picked up my little one on friday after school and had some dude drive towards me in a Camaro, revved the hell out of it. not sure if he's trying to say "hello" or what the deal is but, it happens A LOT... its the season for guys to get out their toys and be foolish! I DD my 4 seasons of the year so, I guess I don't have that itch that most do.

Granted, I'm itching to throw my 19's back on and have a little bit of fun myself.
The dude in the Crapmaro is just jealous that you have a Mustang and he doesn't.. It's just another fine example how certain people try to intimidate others by thinking they're so above them, but in reality they know full well it's due from their inability to deal with their own insecurities and low self esteem that are responsible.. Unfortunately it's really sad when the only way they're able to feel better about themselves, is by rationalizing that it's everyone else who's at fault and for being so far inferior in comparision

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/14/16 at 06:06 PM.
Old 3/14/16 | 08:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
The dude in the Crapmaro is just jealous that you have a Mustang and he doesn't.. It's just another fine example how certain people try to intimidate others by thinking they're so above them, but in reality they know full well it's due from their inability to deal with their own insecurities and low self esteem that are responsible.. Unfortunately it's really sad when the only way they're able to feel better about themselves, is by rationalizing that it's everyone else who's at fault and for being so far inferior in comparision
Lol, I hope you are joking and really don't believe that!

Pretty funny tho

Last edited by Ecostang; 3/14/16 at 08:14 PM.
Old 3/14/16 | 08:19 PM
Cobra Member

i don't know about you guys in the states where it doesn't snow. But... its the time of season here where its starting to warm up again. Just picked up my little one on friday after school and had some dude drive towards me in a Camaro, revved the hell out of it. not sure if he's trying to say "hello" or what the deal is but, it happens A LOT... its the season for guys to get out their toys and be foolish! I DD my 4 seasons of the year so, I guess I don't have that itch that most do.

Granted, I'm itching to throw my 19's back on and have a little bit of fun myself.
I think it's because they like your car, just because I drive a mustang doesn't mean I don't appreciate seeing other American muscle on the road. Think of it like a slap on the a** from a teammate in the locker room. Sometimes confusing but usually well intentioned

Last edited by Ecostang; 3/14/16 at 08:21 PM.
Old 3/14/16 | 09:52 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Originally Posted by Ecostang
Lol, I hope you are joking and really don't believe that!

Pretty funny tho
For the most part, I was just being sarcastic Stephen.. However I also won't deny that it doesn't exist either lol.
Old 3/15/16 | 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

I think it's because they like your car, just because I drive a mustang doesn't mean I don't appreciate seeing other American muscle on the road. Think of it like a slap on the a** from a teammate in the locker room. Sometimes confusing but usually well intentioned
Definitely. I personally hold no grudges because they own a Camaro over a Mustang. I'm loyal to whichever brand has the most to offer for my buck.

Most days, My brain is tired from being at the office and just want to get home let alone, play around ESP with my little one in the car.

I do have to admit. Picking up my kid at school early has its perks. Couldn't tell you how many kids run up to the fence at the school yard " Is that a Mustang??? WHOA" its cool lol.
Old 3/15/16 | 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Street race is stupid and irresponsible. Real life is not like Need for Speed, you shouldn't put the life of others in danger. Go to a drag strip or race track to let go your testosterone. I get a lot of those trying to race me on red lights, but I let them go. I have nothing to prove to anyone and my life and the life of bystanders is more precious to me than this 5-second glory.
Old 3/15/16 | 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

I do have to admit. Picking up my kid at school early has its perks. Couldn't tell you how many kids run up to the fence at the school yard " Is that a Mustang??? WHOA" its cool lol.
That's cool! I've dropped my kid off at school in the Shelby a coulple times, he's 7, all his friends freak out a little. I think this is important to groom our future muscle car supporters

I was so dissapointed with the effects of Fast and Furious movies on young people. There was a time when kids could care less about a car unless it was a riced out and foreign. Times are changing back, that fad is less impactful as it used to be. I was worried if that stuck around forever that cars would change to meet demand, and it has to some degree. We now have a 4cyl turbo mustang but they also gave us a 662 Shelby just a couple years ago.

I should mention, I got revved up by a passing riced out Honda Civic the other day. I just rolled my eyes and laughed a little.
Old 3/15/16 | 10:03 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
Street race is stupid and irresponsible
Yes but so is eating unhealthy, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, gambling, etc. Why can't fun things be good for us?

I don't think a quick run up to the speed limit from a red light is dangerous unless your an idiot, which happens for sure. Excessive speeding and thoughtless risk-taking is far more dangerous. A friend told me the other day he was playing around with another mustang on the highway and once they approached traffic the other mustang passed in the turn lane . Frankly that kind of driving is reckless and can get people killed. I would never take those chances and wouldn't support anyone that does. To me it's about moderation and having enough intelligence to know when something is dangerous or not. Clearly that doesn't exist with all drivers.

Although neither is safe honestly drunk driving is far more dangerous than a quick sprint from a stop light and is a far worse problem in our society than street racing. I would be pretty surprised if the people who so strongly condemn street racing have never in their life driven home after too many drinks.

Last edited by Ecostang; 3/15/16 at 01:54 PM.
Old 3/15/16 | 11:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

99% of the people on here would be lying if they said they've never accelerated at an "unsafe rate" on a public road. It's things like being irresponsible and reckless that are dangerous
Old 3/15/16 | 11:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I find appreciation in any genre of cars, as long as it's tasteful. I came up to a slammed VW R32 the other day, on Rotiform wheels...his window was partially open so I dropped the rear of my car a little (I could tell he was on bags too). He snapped his neck looking over, smirked, and dropped his **** too. We laughed, threw up the deuces and went our separate ways. As car enthusiasts, we need to find common ground to get along. The more we stand together, the stronger we are when facing ridiculous govt regulation attempting to make it illegal to modify our cars. If things like that pass, then we ALL lose.
Old 3/15/16 | 11:53 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
Street race is stupid and irresponsible. Real life is not like Need for Speed, you shouldn't put the life of others in danger. Go to a drag strip or race track to let go your testosterone. I get a lot of those trying to race me on red lights, but I let them go. I have nothing to prove to anyone and my life and the life of bystanders is more precious to me than this 5-second glory.
20 seconds for Prii (I know because my wife has one).
5 seconds for V6's.
4 seconds for GT's.
3 seconds for Shelbies.

I kid...
Old 3/15/16 | 06:34 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
99% of the people on here would be lying if they said they've never accelerated at an "unsafe rate" on a public road.
Especially on a Mustang forum.
Old 3/16/16 | 02:32 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Especially on a Mustang forum.
Wow so I'm finally a 1 %er...!
Old 3/16/16 | 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I used to open 'er up on entrance ramps until about 4 months ago when a fox (not a fox body or foxy body) ran in front of my car and I nearly killed myself trying to avoid it. If it weren't for the upgraded suspension I would have lost control, crashed and been killed by the airbag hahaha
Old 3/16/16 | 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Last1
I used to open 'er up on entrance ramps until about 4 months ago when a fox (not a fox body or foxy body) ran in front of my car and I nearly killed myself trying to avoid it. If it weren't for the upgraded suspension I would have lost control, crashed and been killed by the airbag hahaha
Was it one of these foxes?
Attached Thumbnails Does a gt500 make SOME people lose their minds???-image.png  
Old 3/16/16 | 11:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

dat resolution tho...
Old 3/16/16 | 08:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
dat resolution tho...
Ya true, it's really only for viewing on your phone then it's not so bad
Old 3/16/16 | 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Ran across another massive wheel mustang, I wouldn't do it but it looks kinda cool.
Attached Images  
Old 3/16/16 | 08:13 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Ran across another massive wheel mustang, I wouldn't do it but it looks kinda cool.
For some reason I agree!