Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Rear seat delete question - Amp wiring

Old 12/14/15, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Rear seat delete question - Amp wiring

I want to plug my amp ground wire to this bolt, but I want to know first what is its purpose. Does anyone knows what this bolt is used for?

I don't want to send 12v current down this bolt and not knowing where it goes. Does it holds something underneath the car, I tried to check but I couldn't see it, so I need your help guys.

BTW, I know I should strip all the paint around to make sure I tie my ground tobare metal. The question is about the purpose of this dang bolt.
Old 12/14/15, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Could it be used to fix the upper control arm?
Old 12/14/15, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
Could it be used to fix the upper control arm?
i would not use that bolt.. i dont think its there just for decoration and i believe its holding something pretty **** important on the underside lol.

there are SEVERAL places in the trunk area with bolts that can be backed out and used as a ground. Just look behind the trunk liner, also on the passenger side where trunk liner is - behind it where the antenna goes is also a bolt for a bracket that can be loosened up and used as a ground.
Old 12/14/15, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
i would not use that bolt.. i dont think its there just for decoration and i believe its holding something pretty **** important on the underside lol.

there are SEVERAL places in the trunk area with bolts that can be backed out and used as a ground. Just look behind the trunk liner, also on the passenger side where trunk liner is - behind it where the antenna goes is also a bolt for a bracket that can be loosened up and used as a ground.
The thing is I don't want to ground my amp in the trunk, cause the amp will be right where the left rear seat was and i want a ground cable as short as possible. If i don't get a 100% sure shot on this bolt, I might use the bolt that use to hold the seat belt at the bottom of the seating frame.
Old 12/14/15, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ

That is the bolt to the upper control arm. I would strongly recommend not to loosen it, that might be more work to put back together. I would rather use the bolts for the child seat anchors.

LEXiiON
Old 12/14/15, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
That is the bolt to the upper control arm. I would strongly recommend not to loosen it, that might be more work to put back together. I would rather use the bolts for the child seat anchors.

LEXiiON
That's what i thought, thanks for the confirmation,Lexiion. The two blacks things that we see on the picture, are those the child seat anchors? Meaning that i can remove those black things and use one of the bolts?