Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer just called

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/10, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1284
very sick car, one of the best colors too. what dealer you buy from? i would have shot the guy in the face for putting a front plate on. i got lucky with the last two not having holes there. had to make sure no plates were put on them. got close on the cobra, stopped him right as he was kneeling down to do it.

fair oaks ford- besides the front plate- they are one of the best dealers around.

im tempted to do this. they have a survey that they want 100% on and if we dont put 100% they fail so they really want 100%. Well i really want to call them up and say well im not 100% satisfied until you give me a new bumper. would i be a dick in doing this or what?

I recommended our friends to them and they bought a car from them today- so its not like im bashing them- i just want my car how i wanted it lol.

so today we drove it around all day lol- over 130 miles on it already. I just love this car so much!!!!

Thanks guys for the compliments it really is a great car.
Old 11/27/10, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very Nice! Love the wheels and RED interior!
Old 11/27/10, 08:14 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome, congrats! I really wanted the brick interior as well, but went for the black since there was a car in stock on the lot had exactly what i wanted sans the interior color.
Old 11/27/10, 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

i'm with everyone else.. the 401a leather wears instantly. ill take a pic of it and this is only 1 day of use. Its has alot of wrinkles in it already- like its going to crack. I dont think this is normal.
Old 11/27/10, 11:36 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by way2qk4u2c
i'm with everyone else.. the 401a leather wears instantly. ill take a pic of it and this is only 1 day of use. Its has alot of wrinkles in it already- like its going to crack. I dont think this is normal.
3 things Mike.

1) Glad to see you like the car!

2) The "wrinkles" in the 401a interior is exactly why I opted for the 400a since its already perforated and ribbed so the wrinkles don't show as much. Yours sounds completely normal because even the press cars from Ford had wrinkles. I wouldn't worry about it. On the plus you side you have the sweet shifter **** that I couldn't get

3) Didn't they offer you $200 off that tire package? I'm sure thats pretty much around what it would cost them to get you a new front bumper. IDK if you saw my thread where I scratched one of my mutton chops, but I contacted SMS here in Corona, CA and they said I could buy a new bumper from them for $125. It could be free for the dealer if they swap it out with another sterling grey or something...
Old 11/28/10, 08:06 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
im tempted to do this. they have a survey that they want 100% on and if we dont put 100% they fail so they really want 100%. Well i really want to call them up and say well im not 100% satisfied until you give me a new bumper. would i be a dick in doing this or what?
You don't want to rate completely satisfied unless you are. At our dealer we really want everyone to rate us "Completely Satisfied" and we make sure to tell each person if you are not completly satisfied, what will it take to make it that way. I would call the sales manager and let him know how you feel and see what he can do to help. He won't be able to get you a new bumper most likly but maybe he can work out somthing else for you like some oil changes or something. I'm sure like us his goal is for you to be completely satisfied. Everyone makes mistakes and even though he won't be able to take the bumper problem back I think you guys could work something out to make you both happy, you get something extra to for them to say "I'm sorry" and he could get a "completely satisfied" to show your forgiveness for his appligizes. Thats my 2cents.
Old 11/28/10, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah i dont mind if the 401a leather has wrinkles but these are like creases- ill take a pic and see if its more than normal lol. but yes love everything else about 401a- the dark accents.

Yeah he gave us a great deal on the tire package n warranty- I just think its funny when we had 2 sales people really push if your not 100% please make sure to call us and give us a chance to make it right. Well throwing money at me i dont think is making it 100% right. I even asked him - if swapping bumpers out was a option- he said it might be but you would have to pay for the labor to do it and that might cost 400+ bucks. I said your out of your mind.

I've already talked to the manager - most of the deal was with the manager he's the one that gave us the tire package deal.

I just love how sales people really just go through the motions and not think about each person needs. They pitched us for the protection program and he goes if you get the whole package today well even throw in a remote starter- hello buddy we have a manual car you wont install one in a manual car. Sales guy goes wait your right sorry we wont be able to do that - say goodbye to the 500 dollar value you were going to get but on the other hand i can throw in 4 free oil changes (hmmm 40x4=160 bucks) ummm no thanks...ok ill just give you a great deal on the package alone....ummm no thanks.

After 3.5 hrs at the dealer i was just ready to get out of there - i couldnt stand to correct them anymore. Even in the finance office they were 200 bucks off- i had to run to our car and grab the final price we had 3 days before. You really have to be on your toes every step of buying a car.

Enough ranting- time to go enjoy the car lol
Old 11/28/10, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

youll see one side is perfect and the other side sucks. The passenger side is perfect and we drove around in the car together all day. I didnt see the seat when we took delivery because the wife drove the car home.

I dont think the seat should crease 1 day of use- wrinkles yes is fine but not creases.
Old 11/29/10, 08:26 AM

Congrats on the new Stang! Sorry to hear the dealer messed up and put your front plate bracket on. I saw that you linked to my thread about the bumper plugs. Here's a few pictures to show you what they look like, should you decide to go that route. They really don't look bad. Almost look like sensors that are on a lot of car bumpers these days. Also, I would keep pressing the dealer about those seats. My seats don't look like that at all. They almost look like it was never properly stretched. At any rate...good luck with your new ride, and enjoy!

Old 11/29/10, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for those pics JD- Yeah the seats should not look like this. You are exactly right about not being stretched right- same thing i thought about it.
Old 12/1/10, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fair oaks ford- besides the front plate- they are one of the best dealers around.

I recommended our friends to them and they bought a car from them today- so its not like im bashing them- i just want my car how i wanted it lol.

so today we drove it around all day lol- over 130 miles on it already. I just love this car so much!!!!

Thanks guys for the compliments it really is a great car.
worth a shot. i would have been fuming and not even wanna buy the car anymore
Old 12/2/10, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Its going to get real interesting soon.... somehow through all the pain we all forgot 500 bucks that we put down when we ordered the car. Its no where on the finance sheet so i hope they can refund us 500 bucks somehow.

2nd thing will be the bumper- still waiting for the survey in the mail

3rd- **** 4 days we miss a extra 500 on rebates. we didnt want the car until mid december and we even were moving money around to take delivery in december- but the sales person wanted it in for his month end- any way we can fight for this?

4th- the seat.. have to call the service manager and see what they will do.

btw the heated seats in the stang suck...good thing we wont be driving it much in the winter.

summer tires do not like the cold lol

snow is headed here this weekend- today might be the last time we drive her
Old 12/2/10, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

so called the dealer

1. There refunding us the 500 that we put as a deposit in the beginning

2. The extra 500 rebate we can't get since delivery was before it- he said no way around it.

3. He did however get us a 150 dollar gift card visa - i think hes trying real hard for that 100% this was very nice of them to do.

Last edited by way2qk4u2c; 12/2/10 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12/2/10, 12:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
From one Sterling Grey Mustang owner to another, congrats and enjoy. Hopefully your post-delivery concerns will be addressed to your satisfaction.

PS - I am originally from a southwestern suburb of Chicago.
Old 12/2/10, 12:41 PM
GT Member

Congrats on the car! Sorry about the troubles with the bumper (that would seriously peeve me) and the issue with the leather. Hopefully they can get the leather issue ironed out (zing!).

I'm hoping I can be there when my car comes off the truck. I don't want them to even wash it.
Old 12/2/10, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^ thats the only way it seems like to avoid these problems.. to be there every single second.
Old 12/2/10, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about the bumper, I ordered a sterling grey vert and specifically asked them not to put the license plate on because I didn't want holes. He wrote a huge note on the folder, so hopefully the fools in the back read it.