Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/14, 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lol... Thanks man. But if we all didn't love our cars, we wouldn't even be reading more so be a member on these forums

Understandable. Have you heard a corsa in person tho? I haven't until I owned one lol. The vids really don't do any exhaust any justice. They all sound much different in person...and better
I haven't, but I almost bought them to replace my Ford Racing exhaust last summer. It was between Corsa and the Borla, but the Borlas went on sale on AM and I couldn't say no to the price. The difference of over $100 was too much to say no to.
Old 4/2/14, 07:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Fink, I think Steve (2k7gtcs, mod here) already posted that video earlier in this thread. I could be wrong.
You mean....Gary? Lol
Old 4/2/14, 08:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ yeah I can't find his post... I think it was in my prior thread before this. But yes, it's the same vid.
Old 4/6/14, 11:32 AM
I Have No Life

Just can't get enough of these tips. They're so well designed. I wish I could interchange tips when I felt like it though... Black SS then SS...

So, washed Marilyn today then polished her tips. I'm gonna have this be a regular event after every wash.
Attached Thumbnails Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-2357275895.jpg   Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-267281532.jpg   Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-3486124164.jpg  
Old 4/6/14, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just can't get enough of these tips. They're so well designed. I wish I could interchange tips when I felt like it though... Black SS then SS...

So, washed Marilyn today then polished her tips. I'm gonna have this be a regular event after every wash.
What polish did you use?
Old 4/6/14, 05:21 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by narphenal
What polish did you use?
Just a basic metal polish I had from a ways back. Corsa says not to use chrome polish. This is a metal polish that leaves a coating for protection too.
Old 4/6/14, 05:45 PM
Banned

The only polishing my Borla tips have gotten in the last 10 months has been the car wash. I guess I just don't care enough. Unless I'm showing my car at a car show, it's not getting all washed, waxed, polished and detailed. It'll get washed when it's grossly dirty, that's about it. Now if I had some sort of classic, I might do that, but it's going to be a long time it seems that I'll ever have a car that's just for pleasure, unless we buy a new house in the future with a two-car garage, in which I can buy a sub 10k DD, and park the convertible.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 4/6/14 at 05:47 PM.
Old 4/6/14, 06:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
In my opinion Burton,....I think the SS works well with your car and scheme that you have going. Looking good man!
Old 4/7/14, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, SS tips are the way to go.
Old 4/7/14, 03:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Yes, SS tips are the way to go.
Great minds think alike bro!
Old 4/9/14, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Burton: They look superb.
Old 4/13/14, 02:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I've never heard the Borlas in person, but I do love my Xtreme's.
Old 4/13/14, 07:50 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CiniZter
Burton: They look superb.
Thanks shiaz!

Originally Posted by TommyV
I've never heard the Borlas in person, but I do love my Xtreme's.
Tommy, I didn't know you had a set too. Been driving for over a week now, and I love how subdued they are at normal driving with an aggressive deep tone... Then it goes manic at sudden throttle and wot. Fantastic.
Old 4/16/14, 01:55 AM

Sounds Great
Old 4/17/14, 04:24 PM
I Have No Life

I am having more fun with this new setup and getting used to it. Been driving her a LOT last few days. And the tone is definitely different from the borlas. I still can't determine if it's lower or louder than the borlas. I already forgot what borlas sound like haha.

But what's classic is when I pass folks and then blare these bad boys up to about 5-6k rpm, it's like lucifer just rose from the abyss. I look at my rear view mirror and the peoples shocked faces are priceless.

Loving the exhaust more everyday.
Old 8/8/14, 09:28 AM
I Have No Life

UPDATED CORSA EXTREME VID's!!!!!

Ok folks... been a while since I updated this thread. There's been a lot of talk lately about exhausts, so I haven't really made any "decent" exhaust vids since I first had these puppies installed.

2000 miles later, they have been fantastic. I can honestly say, I much prefer them over my Borlas (remember that fiasco? geeeesh lol). And yes, the welds and fitment and everything else are perfect. I get complimented almost daily or whenever I drive my car, by folks in other cars, at work, or even at a stop light. I have even gotten rev'd up by other folks in their cars, only for me to look over and see them give a thumbs up, or give me a request to rev my engine yet again. lol... Lookswise, they are also a head turner, esp at shows. Apparently, not many folks with mustangs with Corsas. Borlas, dime a dozen. Corsas, rare. Slashcut laser etched tips are phenomenal.

Here's a few vids to showcase the exhaust...I really love how versatile they are. Can be driven "lowkey" with a low rumble, to a banshee at WOT.

Enjoy.

Cold Start, garage...

Pseudo-rev, garage

Short drive by...

In car vid, acceleration

Dyno Run (yes, this is the useless dyno event I had that didn't give me any usable numbers...another long story on another thread. But at least she SOUNDED good!!! LOL )

Old 8/8/14, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Corsa Exteme really does live up to its name. It sounds extreme!

Congrats, They fit the bill nicely and gives it the finishing touch of aggressiveness that you were looking for!
Old 8/8/14, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok folks... been a while since I updated this thread. There's been a lot of talk lately about exhausts, so I haven't really made any "decent" exhaust vids since I first had these puppies installed. 2000 miles later, they have been fantastic. I can honestly say, I much prefer them over my Borlas (remember that fiasco? geeeesh lol). And yes, the welds and fitment and everything else are perfect. I get complimented almost daily or whenever I drive my car, by folks in other cars, at work, or even at a stop light. I have even gotten rev'd up by other folks in their cars, only for me to look over and see them give a thumbs up, or give me a request to rev my engine yet again. lol... Lookswise, they are also a head turner, esp at shows. Apparently, not many folks with mustangs with Corsas. Borlas, dime a dozen. Corsas, rare. Slashcut laser etched tips are phenomenal. Here's a few vids to showcase the exhaust...I really love how versatile they are. Can be driven "lowkey" with a low rumble, to a banshee at WOT. Enjoy. Cold Start, garage... Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74j0gJ_5mq4&list=UU0dWX7syYvfvXRhfdYgCXHQ Pseudo-rev, garage Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d-2hRPIkMM&list=UU0dWX7syYvfvXRhfdYgCXHQ Short drive by... Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_oe6IiTZX0&list=UU0dWX7syYvfvXRhfdYgCXHQ In car vid, acceleration Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7h-wG0dz3Y&list=UU0dWX7syYvfvXRhfdYgCXHQ Dyno Run (yes, this is the useless dyno event I had that didn't give me any usable numbers...another long story on another thread. But at least she SOUNDED good!!! LOL ) Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlij92CTZC4&list=UU0dWX7syYvfvXRhfdYgCXHQ
Needs more blower whine...

Old 8/8/14, 12:49 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Corsa Exteme really does live up to its name. It sounds extreme!

Congrats, They fit the bill nicely and gives it the finishing touch of aggressiveness that you were looking for!
thanks Joe. Yes, it's perfect (for me). Someday, was thinking maybe I get Boss side pipes I wonder how that would sound? lol

Originally Posted by laserred38
Needs more blower whine...

I dunno why Maggie is so quiet. They said Magnusons used to have a really loud whine. Then they tamed it down... I would have liked a little more "whine"...
Old 8/8/14, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

thanks Joe. Yes, it's perfect (for me). Someday, was thinking maybe I get Boss side pipes I wonder how that would sound? lol I dunno why Maggie is so quiet. They said Magnusons used to have a really loud whine. Then they tamed it down... I would have liked a little more "whine"...
I remember the Maggie's from back in the day. Even on the older Camaros - they were looooud. Probably got complaints from the old guys so they quieted them down.

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd