2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/14, 05:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
Just wait. She's a bout to get a little bit meaner.
Oh Lordy!!!! Congrats narph. Your car is taking shape. Tbh though, I would have stayed away from bama.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/30/14 at 05:03 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Oh Lordy!!!! Congrats narph. Your car is taking shape. Tbh though, I would have stayed away from bama.
Why is that, and who would you recommend. I planned on just sticking with them unless I do some actual power adders to my car. Surely they can't mess up a standard tune too bad.

Also, went out to film some more, had my brand new go pro fall off my car, case opened up, and the go pro went right in the middle of the lane lens down, lol! Perfectly fine though, although the case isn't waterproof anymore.
Old 3/30/14, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice! but too much for me.

I did every bolt-on I could with my GTO, and i regretted it years later, the car was just too loud and too much. Maybe if I know for sure this car will be around for a long time, I'll spring for headers and stuff.

I always heard great stuff about Kooks. I personally had Stainless Works on my GTO, and they were great.
Old 3/30/14, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
nice! but too much for me.

I did every bolt-on I could with my GTO, and i regretted it years later, the car was just too loud and too much. Maybe if I know for sure this car will be around for a long time, I'll spring for headers and stuff.

I always heard great stuff about Kooks. I personally had Stainless Works on my GTO, and they were great.
I figured that I had already done the dang mufflers, might as well spring for the rest.

We'll see how they sound once I get them installed.
Old 3/30/14, 06:10 PM
Banned

I figured that I had already done the dang mufflers, might as well spring for the rest.

We'll see how they sound once I get them installed.
looking forward to it!

When I installed my headers I was pretty wowed by the change in how it sounded.

Bu then when it went catless, it was like....... i unleashed hell itself.

This was the GTO with just Magnaflow mufflers and no crossover (no H, no X. I experimented with all three and this was during the time of no crossover itself. it had such an old sound)

Then later after building the motor, and switching to flowmasters still with no crossover. Headers, 3" midpipes, no cats, rear mounted mufflers. It sounded amazeballs at idle.

Then it's last setup.
All the boltons, but exhaust was Magnaflow x-pipe with Flowmaster mufflers mid-mounted under the car, and then magnaflow resonators on the tail end to keep it from being too loud.

After experiencing the car at that crazy loud level from the 2nd vid for like a year and a half I'll never have a car that loud again I think. I can honestly say though, the "tone" of the Coyote is so much more pleasing to the ear than the LS2 was.

I just hope for your sake it's not too loud all said and done.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/30/14 at 06:19 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 06:26 PM
I Have No Life

Why is that, and who would you recommend. I planned on just sticking with them unless I do some actual power adders to my car. Surely they can't mess up a standard tune too bad. Also, went out to film some more, had my brand new go pro fall off my car, case opened up, and the go pro went right in the middle of the lane lens down, lol! Perfectly fine though, although the case isn't waterproof anymore.
You haven't seen all the bama threads lately? .....

Either way, please keep me posted about your mods

But anyways, let's not clutter this thread about bama and gtos and more corsa talk!!!
Old 3/30/14, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

After experiencing the car at that crazy loud level from the 2nd vid for like a year and a half I'll never have a car that loud again I think. I can honestly say though, the "tone" of the Coyote is so much more pleasing to the ear than the LS2 was.

I just hope for your sake it's not too loud all said and done.
Sounded awesome!

Luckily, with the DOHC and VCM, we don't have to deal with the lopey cam sound(which I do love, on the right car). That combed with the Bipolar-ness of the Corsas, I hope it won't be too terribly loud. I don't think it will be.
Old 3/30/14, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

You haven't seen all the bama threads lately? .....

Either way, please keep me posted about your mods

But anyways, let's not clutter this thread about bama and gtos and more corsa talk!!!
I haven't. Probably should pay more attention though.

I'll make a thread about it!
Old 3/30/14, 06:34 PM
Banned

The thing I hate about the Borlas on my '13 is that they stick out so darn far, apparently I bought mine before they had 13-14 specific mufflers and now I'm stuck with them looking like grapefruit shooters sticking out way past the back bumper. For that fact alone, I'd consider switching to Corsa. I should..

Wish they had like an exchange program for crappy fitting mufflers.
Old 3/30/14, 06:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
I hope it won't be too terribly loud. I don't think it will be.
I'm thinking it's still going to be pretty loud.
---Also---
Burton, how many smiles did you have today driving your car??
Old 3/30/14, 06:55 PM

From David Borla Regarding Any And All Issues

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm a little late on finding this thread. Just read through the earlier thread which was closed, anyone know why it was closed? I was a bit bummed to see that because I would have liked to have had a chance to respond and it didn't seem reasonable to close the thread.

Anyhow, any of you that are having issues with Borla parts please rest assured that we will resolve all issues to your satisfaction. If you're not satisfied for any reason (big or small), please contact me directly at davidb@borla.com. We will not abandon you with our parts and you can contact me directly if you're unhappy with anything about your dealings with us. The direct line to my office is 805.246.6067 or dial 805.986.8600 and have me paged.

I can tell you that mathematically something unusual is transpiring because between our Borla branded parts (ATAK,S-Type etc.) and the parts we design and build for Shelby, Ford Racing and others we make a whole lot of parts for late model Mustangs. Our quality return rate is far below 1% on these parts and needless to say, for this to happen in this manner is an anomaly.

Regardless, none of that really matters. What matters is that some of you aren't happy with Borla as an organization and I want to correct that. So, please use me or my team so that we can make this right for you.

Regarding the comments on sound, sound is subjective so it's tough (or even impossible) to show tangible data that can prove one person is more correct than another. It's all about what YOU like.

With that said, we offer a lot of choices for different exhaust notes and sound levels so that we can make more of you happy. ATAK, S-Type, Touring and as I mentioned before, all the Shelby exhaust systems and Ford Racing exhaust systems we design and build are unique as well. But even with all those choices we're not so arrogant as to think we're going to cover the needs of every single Mustang owner and we don't hate on any of our competitors or anyone who wants to run with a different brand than ours. Of course I personally think our systems are the best sounding systems on the market but I work hard every day to continue to make stuff you guys like so I better feel that way.

Want to reiterate again that I'm available if you don't like something and want to let me know. Just need the opportunity to fix it for you.
Old 3/30/14, 06:58 PM

The thing I hate about the Borlas on my '13 is that they stick out so darn far, apparently I bought mine before they had 13-14 specific mufflers and now I'm stuck with them looking like grapefruit shooters sticking out way past the back bumper. For that fact alone, I'd consider switching to Corsa. I should..

Wish they had like an exchange program for crappy fitting mufflers.
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I'm thinking it's still going to be pretty loud.
---Also---
Burton, how many smiles did you have today driving your car??

Danielle,

Did you try to exchange them and were denied? If so, please contact me at davidb@borla.com and let me know who you spoke with, I will make this right for you.

If you haven't gone through our normal customer service channel please try them first. You can email sales@borla.com or call 805.986.8600 and dial extension 212.

Thanks

Last edited by davidborla; 3/30/14 at 07:02 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 07:08 PM
I Have No Life

The thing I hate about the Borlas on my '13 is that they stick out so darn far, apparently I bought mine before they had 13-14 specific mufflers and now I'm stuck with them looking like grapefruit shooters sticking out way past the back bumper. For that fact alone, I'd consider switching to Corsa. I should.. Wish they had like an exchange program for crappy fitting mufflers.
Danielle, they do! Remember my situation? 4 borla s types in my house, 1 cracked welds, 3 ill fitting ones (all new btw) lol. But yes, you can return if there's a manufacturer defect, not if you dislike them after 2 years lol.

My weld cracking is a blessing in disguise. If it weren't for the cracks, I wouldn't have discovered my corsas.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I'm thinking it's still going to be pretty loud. ---Also--- Burton, how many smiles did you have today driving your car??
Ohhhh tony oh tony oh tony. If only you were sitting in my passenger seat today. I took her 3 different times today. We drove probably a total of 60 miles today, just around town and errands. I took the long ways mostly. If you could have only seen all the looks and stares and oohs and ahs and thumbs up and people wanting to race me, from muscle to ricers. It was amusing. I guess my corsas and Milans are doing the trick. It was nice to see all the sports cars out today though. 67 degrees.
Old 3/30/14, 07:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Ohhhh tony oh tony oh tony. If only you were sitting in my passenger seat today. I took her 3 different times today. We drove probably a total of 60 miles today, just around town and errands. I took the long ways mostly. If you could have only seen all the looks and stares and oohs and ahs and thumbs up and people wanting to race me, from muscle to ricers. It was amusing. I guess my corsas and Milans are doing the trick. It was nice to see all the sports cars out today though. 67 degrees.
HA HAAAAAA
That's awesome. I'm thinking it's the way your car looks now. Looks a lot more aggressive.
Old 3/30/14, 07:10 PM
Cobra Member

You haven't seen all the bama threads lately? ..... Either way, please keep me posted about your mods But anyways, let's not clutter this thread about bama and gtos and more corsa talk!!!
Yep he's right! I would consider AED, Lund or VMP for tuning your 5.0. A lot of unhappy and on the fence customers with Bama. After many revisions I think there tunes are so-so at best!

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 3/30/14 at 07:32 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 07:30 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by davidborla
Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm a little late on finding this thread. Just read through the earlier thread which was closed, anyone know why it was closed? I was a bit bummed to see that because I would have liked to have had a chance to respond and it didn't seem reasonable to close the thread.

Anyhow, any of you that are having issues with Borla parts please rest assured that we will resolve all issues to your satisfaction. If you're not satisfied for any reason (big or small), please contact me directly at davidb@borla.com. We will not abandon you with our parts and you can contact me directly if you're unhappy with anything about your dealings with us. The direct line to my office is 805.246.6067 or dial 805.986.8600 and have me paged.

I can tell you that mathematically something unusual is transpiring because between our Borla branded parts (ATAK,S-Type etc.) and the parts we design and build for Shelby, Ford Racing and others we make a whole lot of parts for late model Mustangs. Our quality return rate is far below 1% on these parts and needless to say, for this to happen in this manner is an anomaly.

Regardless, none of that really matters. What matters is that some of you aren't happy with Borla as an organization and I want to correct that. So, please use me or my team so that we can make this right for you.

Regarding the comments on sound, sound is subjective so it's tough (or even impossible) to show tangible data that can prove one person is more correct than another. It's all about what YOU like.

With that said, we offer a lot of choices for different exhaust notes and sound levels so that we can make more of you happy. ATAK, S-Type, Touring and as I mentioned before, all the Shelby exhaust systems and Ford Racing exhaust systems we design and build are unique as well. But even with all those choices we're not so arrogant as to think we're going to cover the needs of every single Mustang owner and we don't hate on any of our competitors or anyone who wants to run with a different brand than ours. Of course I personally think our systems are the best sounding systems on the market but I work hard every day to continue to make stuff you guys like so I better feel that way.

Want to reiterate again that I'm available if you don't like something and want to let me know. Just need the opportunity to fix it for you.
David:

Classy response. I have Borla S catback on my 11 Shelby and Borla Atak on my 04 cobra. Both have have been perfect.

I do wish you guys would make tips similar to Corsa's. PM me if you want me to "test anything" in the field.

Sean

Name:  33512b66-1b77-4403-baa1-68d9253008b2_zpsea5833e9.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  737.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0121_zpsf54a5756.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  103.4 KB

Last edited by MJJ; 3/30/14 at 07:34 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Yep he's right! I would consider AED, Lund or VMP for tuning your 5.0. A lot of unhappy and on the fence customers with Bama. After many revisions I think there tunes are so-so at best!
Well, is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to just order the SCT tuner from AM, and just order a tune from Lund for example?
Old 3/30/14, 08:05 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Well, is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to just order the SCT tuner from AM, and just order a tune from Lund for example?

buy the tuner from aed and have them load the tune.
Old 3/30/14, 08:09 PM
Cobra Member

I don't want to side track the thread but you can get the tuner and tunes from the ones I stated. Hit up Jay from Hypermotive as he can get you VMP & Lund tunes with the tuner, not sure about AED. Probably look on there website. I have never tried any of these but I plan to get tuned by Lund after I get my 3.73 gears installed. The guys I work with that drive 5.0s are tuned by AED and love it.
Old 3/30/14, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I don't want to side track the thread but you can get the tuner and tunes from the ones I stated. Hit up Jay from Hypermotive as he can get you VMP & Lund tunes with the tuner, not sure about AED. Probably look on there website. I have never tried any of these but I plan to get tuned by Lund after I get my 3.73 gears installed. The guys I work with that drive 5.0s are tuned by AED and love it.
It appears like I can just change the tuner over to the normal SCT X4 over from the Bama version, and then just order a Lund Tune.

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd