2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/14, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i used to think i was obsessed with my car. then I met FromZto5.

I realize now that I'm just a fan of my car.
Old 3/29/14, 02:48 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
i used to think i was obsessed with my car. then I met FromZto5. I realize now that I'm just a fan of my car.
You better believe it, Danielle.... Marilyn is the "other woman", as my wife calls her

I've had other fun cars in the past, but none have tickled me quite like this car has. I still remember vividly that 1/2 hour test drive 3 years ago. I was always an import guy then I got a taste of pure raw American muscle. I was doomed.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/29/14 at 03:42 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
You better believe it, Danielle.... Marilyn is the "other woman", as my wife calls her
I bet if his wife's out of town we'd find him sleeping in the garage.

Just don't get so "out of control" you leave the engine running...

...or you'll die!
Old 3/29/14, 03:47 PM
I Have No Life

Funny Story…

As I was driving today, I was sitting at a red light at a cross intersection. The cars from our left were turning left, and onto our lane ahead of us. A red C6 Vette comes screaming…guns it, gets its rear end squiggly. I somehow catch up to him at the next red light, Corsas crackling and whaling. We are side by side at the light… I tap the gas in neutral. (Mind you, I had no intention of gunning it or racing him as that's illegal ) But anyways, as the light turns green, none of us move. LOL. I figured he "heard" me and saw my car and didn't want anything of me, at least I'd like to think that… lol.

But anyway, my drive today was so much fun…stress relieving and everything. Those Corsas completely changed the personality of my car, ok, the 305's helped too
Old 3/29/14, 03:49 PM
I Have No Life

Some pics I took today… and some vids… Those tips are to die for.

Gentle acceleration windows down

"Lively" Acceleration windows down

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/29/14 at 03:51 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 05:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Those are the best looking tips I've seen! The bumper looks much better now too!
Old 3/29/14, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I know, I know, I really need to clean the tips. Here is just a bunch of random clips compiled into a video, including 60mph and 70mph cruise control.

The exhaust is louder in person, but the video does a good job of showing the base sounds. It will probably change quite a bit with headers and a mid pipe, so we'll see.

Give it a second to process and she'll be live.

Last edited by narphenal; 3/29/14 at 06:50 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 06:28 PM
Banned

I want to pick on you for having it say "Mutang GT" but I won't. It sounds *****in' though.
Old 3/29/14, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I want to pick on you for having it say "Mutang GT" but I won't. It sounds *****in' though.
Lol, was editing it while corralling a hyper four year old, new version uploading right now. Thanks for the catch.

Link fixed, waiting on processing. Well, new version uploaded, but it kept the "mutang" for some reason; maybe third times the charm

Last edited by narphenal; 3/29/14 at 06:50 PM.
Old 3/29/14, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

i used to think i was obsessed with my car. then I met FromZto5. I realize now that I'm just a fan of my car.
You better believe it, Danielle.... Marilyn is the "other woman", as my wife calls her I've had other fun cars in the past, but none have tickled me quite like this car has. I still remember vividly that 1/2 hour test drive 3 years ago. I was always an import guy then I got a taste of pure raw American muscle. I was doomed.
Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS
I bet if his wife's out of town we'd find him sleeping in the garage. Just don't get so "out of control" you leave the engine running... ...or you'll die!
Lmao! I do like the way it sounds Burt but I would say I like the sound just as much as the Borlas not more. I will say the tips look and conform to the body of the car WAY better than the Borlas! Good choice! Now WOT that baby and put that supercharger to good use, lol.
Old 3/29/14, 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Corsa Extremes 2012 5.0, normal acceleration - YouTube

"Lively" Acceleration windows down

Corsa extremes acceleration - YouTube
You shift like a grandma
Old 3/30/14, 06:23 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Lmao! I do like the way it sounds Burt but I would say I like the sound just as much as the Borlas not more. I will say the tips look and conform to the body of the car WAY better than the Borlas! Good choice! Now WOT that baby and put that supercharger to good use, lol.
Thanks AJ. Yeah tonal quality is all subjective. I do admit, there's some sound points that I miss with my borlas, but overall, if I take sound, looks, fitment, and quality, the Corsas win, hands down. Again, just my opinion of course.

And as far as driving her, I think I went through 1/2 tank yesterday. Lol

Originally Posted by laserred38
You shift like a grandma
Hey I was showing a point . "Normal" acceleration hehe
Old 3/30/14, 06:27 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by narphenal
I know, I know, I really need to clean the tips. Here is just a bunch of random clips compiled into a video, including 60mph and 70mph cruise control. The exhaust is louder in person, but the video does a good job of showing the base sounds. It will probably change quite a bit with headers and a mid pipe, so we'll see. Give it a second to process and she'll be live. Video Link: http://youtu.be/HOcbmJASsnI
Narph is that an auto or manual?

Sounds great though! I need to get me a gopro . Where's best place to buy them?

As far as the sound of your corsas quads, they sound like a subtler version of my extremes. Same tone, just less volume. Are they the sports? Either way, sounds great sir!
Old 3/30/14, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Narph is that an auto or manual? Sounds great though! I need to get me a gopro . Where's best place to buy them? As far as the sound of your corsas quads, they sound like a subtler version of my extremes. Same tone, just less volume. Are they the sports? Either way, sounds great sir!
Manual. Why?

Yes, they are sports.

Everywhere runs about the same price.
Old 3/30/14, 08:49 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by narphenal
Manual. Why? Yes, they are sports. Everywhere runs about the same price.
I was trying to deduce either auto or manual based on the vid sounds. You were just so smooth
Old 3/30/14, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I was trying to deduce either auto or manual based on the vid sounds. You were just so smooth
That's what the ladies tell me.
Old 3/30/14, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Those Corsa's have some beautiful tips Z, and you have them polished up nicely. This thread has me salivating for a system. How do the extremes compare to your to your old Borla S types in terms of how loud they are. Some day I would like to get a catback system myself.

I have to worry about the WAF - wife acceptance factor. She's ok with the GT500's but if its too loud I'd be in deep stuff with her. I'm thinking the sports might fit the bill. I've been checking out the youtube videos and it is difficult to tell how loud they are.

I like the sound of narphenal's sports, that quad system will set me back some coin. Decisions...
Old 3/30/14, 03:46 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Those Corsa's have some beautiful tips Z, and you have them polished up nicely. This thread has me salivating for a system. How do the extremes compare to your to your old Borla S types in terms of how loud they are. Some day I would like to get a catback system myself. I have to worry about the WAF - wife acceptance factor. She's ok with the GT500's but if its too loud I'd be in deep stuff with her. I'm thinking the sports might fit the bill. I've been checking out the youtube videos and it is difficult to tell how loud they are. I like the sound of narphenal's sports, that quad system will set me back some coin. Decisions...
Roger, the tips alone on the corsas are worth the price of admission . Hehe. Ok as far as the volume, as I mentioned in my earlier posts of this thread, that's what's so neat about these corsa extremes.

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 quietest and 10 loudest, the corsas have a very wide RANGE, making them the most versatile. They go from a 3 or 4 on idle and a cruise to a solid 10 after jabbing the throttle. The borla S go from a 6 at idle cruise to a 8.5ish. Does that make sense? It makes it perfect for the street if you think about it. Quiet when you want it, and loud when you want it. I've been driving her everyday the last few, and I REALLY like them above the borlas for the reasons above.

For you, Sports should do just fine. But honestly, of they have that much range, no reason why one wouldn't go extremes. But your call.
Old 3/30/14, 04:23 PM
Banned

btw that **** corsa quad tip clip is going to make me switch to a quad-tip setup.. grrr. more money to waste.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/30/14 at 04:24 PM.
Old 3/30/14, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

btw that **** corsa quad tip clip is going to make me switch to a quad-tip setup.. grrr. more money to waste.
Just wait. She's a bout to get a little bit meaner.

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd