2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/14 | 10:09 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by davidborla
Hi Guys, Sorry I'm a little late on finding this thread. Just read through the earlier thread which was closed, anyone know why it was closed? I was a bit bummed to see that because I would have liked to have had a chance to respond and it didn't seem reasonable to close the thread. Anyhow, any of you that are having issues with Borla parts please rest assured that we will resolve all issues to your satisfaction. If you're not satisfied for any reason (big or small), please contact me directly at davidb@borla.com. We will not abandon you with our parts and you can contact me directly if you're unhappy with anything about your dealings with us. The direct line to my office is 805.246.6067 or dial 805.986.8600 and have me paged. I can tell you that mathematically something unusual is transpiring because between our Borla branded parts (ATAK,S-Type etc.) and the parts we design and build for Shelby, Ford Racing and others we make a whole lot of parts for late model Mustangs. Our quality return rate is far below 1% on these parts and needless to say, for this to happen in this manner is an anomaly. Regardless, none of that really matters. What matters is that some of you aren't happy with Borla as an organization and I want to correct that. So, please use me or my team so that we can make this right for you. Regarding the comments on sound, sound is subjective so it's tough (or even impossible) to show tangible data that can prove one person is more correct than another. It's all about what YOU like. With that said, we offer a lot of choices for different exhaust notes and sound levels so that we can make more of you happy. ATAK, S-Type, Touring and as I mentioned before, all the Shelby exhaust systems and Ford Racing exhaust systems we design and build are unique as well. But even with all those choices we're not so arrogant as to think we're going to cover the needs of every single Mustang owner and we don't hate on any of our competitors or anyone who wants to run with a different brand than ours. Of course I personally think our systems are the best sounding systems on the market but I work hard every day to continue to make stuff you guys like so I better feel that way. Want to reiterate again that I'm available if you don't like something and want to let me know. Just need the opportunity to fix it for you.
David... Pleasure to meet you. The man from the videos himself?

Which thread were you referring to?

But anyways, as I've stated in the past I LOVE borla. Your customer service is also top notch. Rest assured, I mean that wholeheartedly. Chris baas and Steve Williams are phenomenal. It's not their fault at all.

But the last few weeks have been agonizing for me . I don't need to reiterate what happened as you probably already read about it in another thread. But weld cracking and 3 "new" s types that were manufactured in early march and that didn't fit (off by up to an inch and 1/2")... It was weird to say the least. I know someone mentioned it might be a jig setup error in your Tennessee plant, where they may have mixed up 13/14 and 11/12 stuff.

I will attach the pics of the weld crack and of one of the exhausts that didn't line up. I hope the issues can be addressed for future borla customers. And again, for my situation, it was time to move on.
Attached Thumbnails Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-1615219894.jpg   Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-2585938150.jpg   Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-1240552932.jpg  
Old 3/30/14 | 10:16 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
David: Classy response. I have Borla S catback on my 11 Shelby and Borla Atak on my 04 cobra. Both have have been perfect. I do wish you guys would make tips similar to Corsa's. PM me if you want me to "test anything" in the field. Sean
Hey!!!! I'll offer up to be a guinea pig too!!!

Originally Posted by MJJ
buy the tuner from aed and have them load the tune.
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I don't want to side track the thread but you can get the tuner and tunes from the ones I stated. Hit up Jay from Hypermotive as he can get you VMP & Lund tunes with the tuner, not sure about AED. Probably look on there website. I have never tried any of these but I plan to get tuned by Lund after I get my 3.73 gears installed. The guys I work with that drive 5.0s are tuned by AED and love it.
You guys are correct. Jay from hyper can hook you up. Narph, tbh though, looking at how much you were going to pay for headers and an x pipe, just save the $$$ for an SC. That's where thing a "will lead", anyways . Ask me how I know. Lol.

But yeah if it were me, I'd stay away from bama OR the place you bought them from. Stick with hypermotive. Period.
Attached Thumbnails Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd-image-3268169945.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/30/14 at 10:18 PM.
Old 3/30/14 | 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
David... Pleasure to meet you. The man from the videos himself?

Which thread were you referring to?
Pleasure to meet you as well. Sorry for this mess. The other thread is what lead me here. That thread was closed with a link to this thread saying "time for a different thread to come to life."

Anyhow if there's anything I can do for you, which seems doubtful at this point unfortunately, please let me know.
Old 3/30/14 | 10:22 PM
I Have No Life

Pleasure to meet you as well. Sorry for this mess. The other thread is what lead me here. That thread was closed with a link to this thread saying "time for a different thread to come to life." Anyhow if there's anything I can do for you, which seems doubtful at this point unfortunately, please let me know.
Yes, that was my thread that got closed, because I started this new one as am update.

Let me pm you after this, so we can talk. I might give you a call also. I really didn't get a good answer from Chris or Steve (not their fault), as to why those mishaps happened, but I would like to hear from you.

Thanks again for chiming in.
Old 3/30/14 | 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by MJJ
David:

Classy response. I have Borla S catback on my 11 Shelby and Borla Atak on my 04 cobra. Both have have been perfect.

I do wish you guys would make tips similar to Corsa's. PM me if you want me to "test anything" in the field.

Sean

Thanks for the kind words. We actually do already offer tips in a similar style but they're only available in exhaust systems for our Camaro program through GM (I believe they're branded as "GM Performance"). Of course we can design them to work with our systems for your car(s) as well, with the Borla logo instead. Anyone here think there might be interest if we did this?
Old 3/30/14 | 10:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the kind words. We actually do already offer tips in a similar style but they're only available in exhaust systems for our Camaro program through GM (I believe they're branded as "GM Performance"). Of course we can design them to work with our systems for your car(s) as well, with the Borla logo instead. Anyone here think there might be interest if we did this?
What happened to the old Turbo tips? Those were the best, and signature Borla style! If you offered those on the current Mustang lineup, tilted to line up with the valance opening, that would be
Old 3/30/14 | 10:37 PM
I Have No Life

Yes... There would be tremendous interest. If borla changed those tips to be slash cut, I think it would garner a lot customers.
Old 3/30/14 | 10:38 PM
I Have No Life

Pleasure to meet you as well. Sorry for this mess. The other thread is what lead me here. That thread was closed with a link to this thread saying "time for a different thread to come to life." Anyhow if there's anything I can do for you, which seems doubtful at this point unfortunately, please let me know.
Yes, that was my thread that got closed, because I started this new one as am update. Let me pm you after this, so we can talk. I might give you a call also. I really didn't get a good answer from Chris or Steve (not their fault), as to why those mishaps happened, but I would like to hear from you. Thanks again for chiming in.
David, pm sent to you.
Old 3/30/14 | 10:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes... There would be tremendous interest. If borla changed those tips to be slash cut, I think it would garner a lot customers.
Like the Turbo tips used to be
Old 3/31/14 | 03:56 AM
Cobra Member

Oh yea there definitely would be interest imo. You guys should offer it. I just pm'd you David as I believe I am having fitment issues also. The tip on one of my S-types is longer than the other.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 3/31/14 at 04:02 AM.
Old 3/31/14 | 04:25 AM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Yes, there would be heavy interest in Borla logo slash cut tips. Make them an option.

I will try them out to judge look, feel and fitment. Count me in.
Old 3/31/14 | 09:07 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAAAA
That's awesome. I'm thinking it's the way your car looks now. Looks a lot more aggressive.
I think you're right Tony. For sure. I'm thoroughly really enjoying it now.
Old 3/31/14 | 03:02 PM
Banned

Well holy cow, I never expected customer service like that.

Borla will be sending me on their dime a new pair of S-Types specifically made for the 2013/2014 GT. I never expected that. hopefully if they do consider an exhaust tip change I'll be among the first as I inquired. The only thing about the Borla that I haven't liked has been the exhaust tips.

I'm a Borla fan for life now!
Old 3/31/14 | 03:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Danielle, that's awesome!! Great customer service. I'm still on the fence between the Borla and Corsa quad tip exhaust, and right now the deciding factor would be the tips... Really wish the Borla's we're slash cut to contour to the valance.
Old 3/31/14 | 03:45 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Well holy cow, I never expected customer service like that.

Borla will be sending me on their dime a new pair of S-Types specifically made for the 2013/2014 GT. I never expected that. hopefully if they do consider an exhaust tip change I'll be among the first as I inquired. The only thing about the Borla that I haven't liked has been the exhaust tips.

I'm a Borla fan for life now!
You're welcome Danielle... I guess all it takes is an honest fogey like me, with killer writing skills.

LOL.

Seriously though, I'm glad you're getting it fixed right.

Originally Posted by Mikey
Danielle, that's awesome!! Great customer service. I'm still on the fence between the Borla and Corsa quad tip exhaust, and right now the deciding factor would be the tips... Really wish the Borla's we're slash cut to contour to the valance.
Agree. Those Corsas in person are really just awesome in person. I have gotten a LOT of compliments on it for 3 days worth of driving. LOL.
Old 3/31/14 | 03:50 PM
I Have No Life

UPDATE:

As some of you know from a couple pages back, David Borla himself chimed in on my thread. I've been communicating offline with him since last night. I also spoke with him 2x today already, directly. To have someone like him, in his current stature at his company, take the time to deal with a peon like me, is commendable. I won't go into the details of exactly what our conversation was, but let's just say we were able to get a good understanding of expectations and explanations of what occurred, and where we proceed from here.

I am pleased to state, as I've always stated, I respect Borla as a company, and I always have, even more so now. David is really a stand up guy, and a car nut, just like all of us are. He stepped up to the plate and is delivering.

So with that, David, if you read this, thank you for your candor and sense of urgency. I look forward to working with you again in the future, and to becoming/remaining a Borla customer once again.

thanks.
Old 3/31/14 | 04:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I had also PM'ed David last night, as I didn't want to clog up your thread Burton, and commended him and Borla for doing the right thing and trying to make things right.
Old 3/31/14 | 04:40 PM
Banned

I talked to him on the phone today too!

high-5.
Old 3/31/14 | 05:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good to hear and glad David jumped in. Love my Borlas and got my Dad to buy a set of S-Types for his '12 Vette too!
Old 3/31/14 | 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm a little late on finding this thread. Just read through the earlier thread which was closed, anyone know why it was closed? I was a bit bummed to see that because I would have liked to have had a chance to respond and it didn't seem reasonable to close the thread.

Anyhow, any of you that are having issues with Borla parts please rest assured that we will resolve all issues to your satisfaction. If you're not satisfied for any reason (big or small), please contact me directly at davidb@borla.com. We will not abandon you with our parts and you can contact me directly if you're unhappy with anything about your dealings with us. The direct line to my office is 805.246.6067 or dial 805.986.8600 and have me paged.

I can tell you that mathematically something unusual is transpiring because between our Borla branded parts (ATAK,S-Type etc.) and the parts we design and build for Shelby, Ford Racing and others we make a whole lot of parts for late model Mustangs. Our quality return rate is far below 1% on these parts and needless to say, for this to happen in this manner is an anomaly.

Regardless, none of that really matters. What matters is that some of you aren't happy with Borla as an organization and I want to correct that. So, please use me or my team so that we can make this right for you.

Regarding the comments on sound, sound is subjective so it's tough (or even impossible) to show tangible data that can prove one person is more correct than another. It's all about what YOU like.

With that said, we offer a lot of choices for different exhaust notes and sound levels so that we can make more of you happy. ATAK, S-Type, Touring and as I mentioned before, all the Shelby exhaust systems and Ford Racing exhaust systems we design and build are unique as well. But even with all those choices we're not so arrogant as to think we're going to cover the needs of every single Mustang owner and we don't hate on any of our competitors or anyone who wants to run with a different brand than ours. Of course I personally think our systems are the best sounding systems on the market but I work hard every day to continue to make stuff you guys like so I better feel that way.

Want to reiterate again that I'm available if you don't like something and want to let me know. Just need the opportunity to fix it for you.
I dont want to take over this thread, but you mentioned ford racing exhaust. Which systems does borla produce?

You also asked if anyone would be interested in a slash cut tip. Count me in

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd