2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/14 | 10:09 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by narphenal
My corsas didn't line up too well, but I've been meaning to get back there and adjust them to see if I can fix it.
Narph... when you say line up, you just mean up/down/left/right, correct? If so, that's EASY. Just pseudo tighten the clamp to the OTA pipes, and adjust the tips accordingly, then set in place, tighten.

The issues I had with Borla were front and back, and I had ZERO issues with these Corsas. The front/back issue is the one where you can't really adjust it, as it ties right into the x pipe and ota pipes. That's where I went through the Borlas and had 3 different sets that didn't line up.

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Congrats man. Looks great, and loud . Have you had a chance to drive around much, wondering if there is any drone?

Edit: In the Corsa line are the Extremes louder than the Sports or the other way?
Thanks Rog... Haven't been able to drive yet. Just installed it last night, and was raining. As for drone, ZERO drone, as Corsa proudly claims that in all their products. To be fair, Borla had zero drone as well. It's the Magnaflows and others, that (allegedly, I can't claim myself) have it.

The Corsa line has 3 tiers, similar to Borlas.

Touring
Sport
Extreme

Obviously, I have the Extremes and they're perrrrrrrrrrrrfect.
Old 3/28/14 | 10:30 AM
Cobra Member

This guy has the best threads and reviews. I always click when i see his posts.

The setup sounds disgusting, and i mean that as a 100% compliment. I got excited that i can make mine sound that good with this kit, but then i realized you have some other goodies on there as well haha. Was gonna ask, would it be possible to manipulate the install and get the tips to stick out a little more?
Old 3/28/14 | 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Narph... when you say line up, you just mean up/down/left/right, correct? If so, that's EASY. Just pseudo tighten the clamp to the OTA pipes, and adjust the tips accordingly, then set in place, tighten.

The issues I had with Borla were front and back, and I had ZERO issues with these Corsas. The front/back issue is the one where you can't really adjust it, as it ties right into the x pipe and ota pipes. That's where I went through the Borlas and had 3 different sets that didn't line up.
Mine are front to back movement. I was going to put it off for when I did LT Headers and Midpipe. Kind of disappointing for $1k, but I'm sure I can adjust it properly once I start working on exhaust.

I'm just debating if I want to do to Exhaust/Tune first or jump to Suspension Components.
Old 3/28/14 | 11:00 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc

The setup sounds disgusting, and i mean that as a 100% compliment. I got excited that i can make mine sound that good with this kit, but then i realized you have some other goodies on there as well haha. Was gonna ask, would it be possible to manipulate the install and get the tips to stick out a little more?
LOL... thanks sir! What do you mean by "setup"? You mean my setup and mods? lol... yes, disgusting indeed. I can't to drive the darn thing. I haven't even heard this setup on the road yet. Hopefully this weekend. Yes, I think the x pipe paired with this really helps, as Danielle eluded.

Mine are front to back movement. I was going to put it off for when I did LT Headers and Midpipe. Kind of disappointing for $1k, but I'm sure I can adjust it properly once I start working on exhaust.

I'm just debating if I want to do to Exhaust/Tune first or jump to Suspension Components.
That's surprising to hear. What do you mean by 1k? For axlebacks??? That's way too expensive

My opinion, do exhaust, skip tune, then do susp components.
Old 3/28/14 | 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

What do you mean by 1k? For axlebacks??? That's way too expensive My opinion, do exhaust, skip tune, then do susp components.
I bought the Corsa Quad Tips. Loved the look too much to pass up. Thinking I'm going to go with exhaust and stuff first. Really dreading the header install.
Old 3/28/14 | 11:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I bought the Corsa Quad Tips. Loved the look too much to pass up. Thinking I'm going to go with exhaust and stuff first. Really dreading the header install.
only exhaust mod now possible for me is corsa.. how do they sound.
Old 3/28/14 | 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Burton, I think I hate you. I wasn't planing on doing any modding this summer, just drive, enjoy and put that money into finishing the garage stall I just built for the Mustang. Now you come with this and have me thinking I need to do some exhaust work. You're a nasty man you are.

John
Old 3/28/14 | 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
amazing.
Old 3/28/14 | 11:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Burton, does your SC have anything to do with the sound? That is loud as fvck.
Old 3/28/14 | 01:04 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CiniZter
amazing.
Shiaz, amazing is too humble of a word. PHENOM-enal. You know what I did today? For working out at the gym? I put my 2 videos on loop, and listened to that as I was working out. LOL. Pumped me up good.

I can't wait to get home and start her up and drive her again. Those Corsas are out of this world. I thought Borlas were awesome, then I installed these.... game over.

Originally Posted by Horspla
Burton, I think I hate you. I wasn't planing on doing any modding this summer, just drive, enjoy and put that money into finishing the garage stall I just built for the Mustang. Now you come with this and have me thinking I need to do some exhaust work. You're a nasty man you are.

John
John... that's the beauty of these forums. We Infect one another. haha... in a good way. Exhaust and MGW are my 2 favorite mods. They provide the biggest return on satisfaction for us owners, imo. Those Corsas are seriously fantastic though. The HW itself, the looks, the fitment, and the sound. Phenomenal.

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Burton, does your SC have anything to do with the sound? That is loud as fvck.
Patrick, Loud? awww come on man... that was just at 4000 rpm.... wait till I actually get ON it Videos on that will be soon.

As for the SC playing a part, hmmmmm.... maybe? But I'd say it's more so the:

a) Corsa Extremes themselves
b) x pipe
c) OTA pipe (no res)
d) garage accoustics

But yes... the thing is UNreal. LOVE IT. Can you imagine? I line up next to a Prius driver? ..... I am laughing just thinking of it.
Old 3/28/14 | 05:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I bought the Corsa Quad Tips. Loved the look too much to pass up.
You mean like this?

Name:  IMG_0441_zps7c7640ad.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  77.5 KB

lousy picture but you get the idea. Got mine installed today and I have to say, I like them. I'll have sound clips later once they're edited.
Old 3/28/14 | 05:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Yes he does. Very well written.
Burton,...that is awesome. I told you Corsa was quality! I love the way the tips line up too. That's the way it should be.
Car sounds awesome. Especially when she's getting angry!
Old 3/28/14 | 05:58 PM
GT Member

They sound and look great!! I love how Corsa angles their tips, adds such a nice touch to the lines back there. My Kooks axleback are angled too but the Corsa tips are second to none

****, I have to stop listening to your clips. Keep telling my self I don't need them...I don't need them...lol
Old 3/28/14 | 05:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by 2010GBGT
They sound and look great!! I love how Corsa angles their tips, adds such a nice touch to the lines back there.
I agree. That is awesome looking.
Old 3/28/14 | 07:33 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
You mean like this? lousy picture but you get the idea. Got mine installed today and I have to say, I like them. I'll have sound clips later once they're edited.
I always forget you have the corsa quads too. In black SS! Very nice sir. You have a thread and vids too? I really want to compare the corsa quads with the regular corsa extremes that I have. I wonder how they sound comparatively?

Beautiful tips though man... I love yours.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yes he does. Very well written. Burton,...that is awesome. I told you Corsa was quality! I love the way the tips line up too. That's the way it should be. Car sounds awesome. Especially when she's getting angry!
Thanks tony!!! Yeah they lined up pretty much right off the bat! I was ecstatic. I haven't started her up since last night. Hopefully tomorrow I can drive her. I love how the personality goes from mild to wild at the simple jab of the throttle. It's crazy...

Originally Posted by 2010GBGT
They sound and look great!! I love how Corsa angles their tips, adds such a nice touch to the lines back there. My Kooks axleback are angled too but the Corsa tips are second to none ****, I have to stop listening to your clips. Keep telling my self I don't need them...I don't need them...lol
Thanks man! You know what's funny? I was seriously listening to the sound clip I made over and over again, during my workout this morning as I was lifting and just throughout the workday. I just enjoyed it so much. That sound is just addicting... Literally. I absolutely love it.
Old 3/28/14 | 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
You mean like this?

lousy picture but you get the idea. Got mine installed today and I have to say, I like them. I'll have sound clips later once they're edited.
Close!

Old 3/28/14 | 07:54 PM
I Have No Life

Close!
Is that yours narph? Already installed?

Corsa ftw!!!
Old 3/28/14 | 08:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I always forget you have the corsa quads too. In black SS! Very nice sir. You have a thread and vids too? I really want to compare the corsa quads with the regular corsa extremes that I have. I wonder how they sound comparatively?

Beautiful tips though man... I love yours.
I don't yet but once I mix the video & audio I'll post the before and after sounds.
Old 3/28/14 | 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

It sounds great. And they look spectacular. Fitment does look perfect. SS tips match great. I know you were contemplating on a different finish but man they are a home run. Congrats
Old 3/28/14 | 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Is that yours narph? Already installed?

Corsa ftw!!!
Installed them in January. A bit more involved than your install.

Sorry for the crappy video. Been meaning to strap my go pro on the car and do a video.

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd