2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/14 | 11:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by FromZto5
SOUND

Now I know what the Corsa Tech guy said today, when he told me, it sounded like a European V12 during cruise,
I've never understood that on a Mustang. I mean I love the tone of a V12. And some of the exhaust clips I've heard give the Mustang that Euro type sound. It's a nice sound.
But I've never understood seeking that tone on an American V8.

IMO
Old 4/1/14 | 05:37 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I've never understood that on a Mustang. I mean I love the tone of a V12. And some of the exhaust clips I've heard give the Mustang that Euro type sound. It's a nice sound. But I've never understood seeking that tone on an American V8. IMO
Hey cyd... Now of course, that's with a grain of salt right? I mean, a ford v8 will ALWAYS sound like a ford v8 no matter what exhaust you out on it. It just gives the ford v8 a sort of different tone, if you will. Does it "really" sound like a euro V12? It's debatable. I think maybe, maybe not. The tone is definitely lower than borla at the low rpms, and higher than borla at the high rpms. It's different that's for sure.

Tonal quality, like aesthetics, is purely subjective from person to person. Right now, I really enjoy it and love it. I've had the borlas for 2 years. If anything, it's a welcome change! And also, to be fair, all my buddies (so far, about 5 or so) who've known me for a long time, are also car guys, and are quite familiar with my borlas of 2 years, have "claimed" that they prefer my new corsas in sound and looks. So...they agree with me, thus far.

Make sense?

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/1/14 at 05:39 AM.
Old 4/1/14 | 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey cyd... Now of course, that's with a grain of salt right? I mean, a ford v8 will ALWAYS sound like a ford v8 no matter what exhaust you out on it. It just gives the ford v8 a sort of different tone, if you will. Does it "really" sound like a euro V12? It's debatable. I think maybe, maybe not. The tone is definitely lower than borla at the low rpms, and higher than borla at the high rpms. It's different that's for sure.

Tonal quality, like aesthetics, is purely subjective from person to person. Right now, I really enjoy it and love it. I've had the borlas for 2 years. If anything, it's a welcome change! And also, to be fair, all my buddies (so far, about 5 or so) who've known me for a long time, are also car guys, and are quite familiar with my borlas of 2 years, have "claimed" that they prefer my new corsas in sound and looks. So...they agree with me, thus far.

Make sense?
I was a complete Borla-fanboy for years, and was never thinking on putting anything other than Borlas on my car when I got it up until the last minute, when I took a chance with Corsa, and I'm glad I did. They just sound awesome. But if I didn't have these, there is no question I would go to Borlas. I just love my Corsas.
Old 4/1/14 | 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey cyd... Now of course, that's with a grain of salt right? I mean, a ford v8 will ALWAYS sound like a ford v8 no matter what exhaust you out on it. It just gives the ford v8 a sort of different tone, if you will.

Make sense?
The Coyote is a cool engine, but it's cammer (DOHC) and sounds like one. Maybe why it's easy to make it sound like a 12? It's smooth buzzing sounds like it has more cylinders to me. The electronics add to that mellow roar.

To me the sound of a Ford V8 should be a big inch, high compression, 16 valve, push rod, monster with too much cam singing through large tube headers with shorty mufflers (if any).

The blubbering lope at idle and thunderous roar when wide open makes it a totally different animal! I miss that!

Wuff, wuff!
Old 4/1/14 | 05:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I don't know how mine will compare to others, and I should have realized this when I took the 500's off and put the Corsas on, because I have long tubes and run a catless H-pipe at the moment. It was louder than stock 13 500s before, and it's louder now with the Corsas at anything but cruising. I had my wife gun the engine in the driveway and I was surprised how much louder it was. Having listened to it, I haven't noticed a V12 sound but that may just be my ears. It sounds like a lesser-muffled V8 to me. At open throttle, it's a roar and getting into it will easily drown out the radio. Have not run it at WOT yet, but that's because of the car's HP, not because of the mufflers. I expect it to be exceptionally, if not excessively, loud at WOT.
Old 4/1/14 | 06:20 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I don't know how mine will compare to others, and I should have realized this when I took the 500's off and put the Corsas on, because I have long tubes and run a catless H-pipe at the moment. It was louder than stock 13 500s before, and it's louder now with the Corsas at anything but cruising. I had my wife gun the engine in the driveway and I was surprised how much louder it was. Having listened to it, I haven't noticed a V12 sound but that may just be my ears. It sounds like a lesser-muffled V8 to me. At open throttle, it's a roar and getting into it will easily drown out the radio. Have not run it at WOT yet, but that's because of the car's HP, not because of the mufflers. I expect it to be exceptionally, if not excessively, loud at WOT.
Where's the vid???
Old 4/1/14 | 06:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Where's the vid???
Gettin' there dammit! heheh

I'm going through some stuff right now that's limiting my time for it but I'll have it up by tomorrow. I'm picky too, which means I edit then re-edit then re-edit. Oddly enough, I'm as picky about some things like that as you are about your car's cleanliness.
Old 4/1/14 | 06:50 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Gettin' there dammit! heheh I'm going through some stuff right now that's limiting my time for it but I'll have it up by tomorrow. I'm picky too, which means I edit then re-edit then re-edit. Oddly enough, I'm as picky about some things like that as you are about your car's cleanliness.
Nothing wrong with that!

But I'm glad you like it though. I can't imagine it with a catless pipe.
Old 4/1/14 | 06:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nothing wrong with that!

But I'm glad you like it though. I can't imagine it with a catless pipe.
That is, ahem, of course for demonstrative purposes only. Ahem.
Old 4/1/14 | 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

Make sense?
lol...dude, corsa should be paying you!! you just might increase their sales even more so than they already are! wonderful thread, loving it

also glad that you got your situation all sorted out. patience is the key to virtue
Old 4/1/14 | 07:28 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by iceD
lol...dude, corsa should be paying you!! you just might increase their sales even more so than they already are! wonderful thread, loving it also glad that you got your situation all sorted out. patience is the key to virtue
Lol you sound like my wife. She wants me to start my own blog company for product/food/movie reviews, or work for an automotive magazine...

But thanks man. I'm loving my new setup.
Old 4/1/14 | 07:55 PM
Banned

Lol you sound like my wife. She wants me to start my own blog company for product/food/movie reviews, or work for an automotive magazine...

But thanks man. I'm loving my new setup.
you kinda do rave about everything you do to your car. I think you're the new Mustang Fanatic.
Old 4/1/14 | 09:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
you kinda do rave about everything you do to your car. I think you're the new Mustang Fanatic.

Old 4/1/14 | 09:38 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Originally Posted by laserred38
I have to agree with you both on that one. No other car has hit me this way. Just looking at it everyday in the 3rd stall as I walk by makes me smile. There's just something about it.
Old 4/1/14 | 09:43 PM
I Have No Life

So after driving the car to work today, my peers and other car buddies we all went out to the lot to talk cars for a bit, so of course, they wanted to see the new exhaust and have me do a full demo. I did the usual start up, rev, and they could observe it fully from an aesthetic standpoint all they want. All of them agreed that it was much quieter than borlas during idle, but louder than the borlas if you tapped the gas to 4.5k rpm. We all found that interesting. They, and I, were all pretty giddy about the sound though. We were reduced to high school kids oogling at their first vehicle when 16....a rusty station wagon.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/2/14 at 04:13 AM.
Old 4/1/14 | 10:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I always look forward to seeing your posts Burton. your enthusiasm is infectious.
Old 4/2/14 | 05:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Video I stumbled across:
Old 4/2/14 | 05:30 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Dfink114
Fink, I think Steve (2k7gtcs, mod here) already posted that video earlier in this thread. I could be wrong.
Old 4/2/14 | 05:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Fink, I think Steve (2k7gtcs, mod here) already posted that video earlier in this thread. I could be wrong.
I just skimmed through the thread. I didn't see this video posted, but I did catch David Borla's responses. Pretty cool. Corsas sound great, but I love that burble of the Borlas.
Old 4/2/14 | 06:06 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I always look forward to seeing your posts Burton. your enthusiasm is infectious.
Lol... Thanks man. But if we all didn't love our cars, we wouldn't even be reading more so be a member on these forums

Originally Posted by Dfink114
I just skimmed through the thread. I didn't see this video posted, but I did catch David Borla's responses. Pretty cool. Corsas sound great, but I love that burble of the Borlas.
Understandable. Have you heard a corsa in person tho? I haven't until I owned one lol. The vids really don't do any exhaust any justice. They all sound much different in person...and better

Quick Reply: Corsa Extremes - installed and rev'd