Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/14, 01:26 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 596 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
2011 v6 automatic Mustang. 20,000 miles. The lighted 'Mustang' door sill had to be replaced, wouldn't change colors. The drivers side power seat motor (rack assy) had to be replaced. At 19,000 miles the factory all season Pirelli's were slick and had to be replaced. Everything was done under warranty except for the tires
Originally Posted by TomServo92
2011 V6 Pony Package - Power seat rack died at 45K.
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
2011 GT Premium, Race Red, Rapid Spec 400A, 6AT, Electronics Package, Comfort Package. 12k miles. A lot of items, more than I'm used to for a new car, frankly. But...I love the way it looks and drives, it is the first car I've ever tracked, and Ford has given me a FREE 3-year maintenance plan and a FREE bumper-to-bumper warranty extension up to 5 years (up from the standard 3 years) - both for my troubles. Here's my laundry list:
* rattle in rear-view mirror, replaced under warranty.
* passenger-side seat heater fail, replaced under warranty.
* driver-side seat motor fail, replaced under warranty.
* driver-side weather stripping warped, replaced under warranty.
* driver-side window scratches, replaced under warranty.
* front LCA (control arm) creaks, TSB, replaced under warranty (with new heat-shield-fix).
* Sync not recognizing USB, uploaded new TSB software, fixed under warranty.
* interior dome/map light assembly loose, fixed under warranty.
* various squeaks in and around dash, IP, A-pillar plastics, & vents - I took some black-colored foam material and wedged into many crevices using a small flat-head screwdriver, all squeaks gone - invisible and free fix.
There it all is.

Seeing an alarming trend here considering the low number of people who have responded to this thread. That power seat deal is a bit freighting when out of warranty.
Old 3/31/14, 04:38 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Seeing an alarming trend here considering the low number of people who have responded to this thread. That power seat deal is a bit freighting when out of warranty.
Now i think my passenger side power seat motors are going bad. Making all kind of sounds. Out of warranty now and i'm not going to worry about it, i never sit there
Old 3/31/14, 05:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Replacing the power seat rack isn't a big deal. I did it in a couple of hours. I got a brand-new rack online for around $300 bucks.
Old 3/31/14, 06:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Yeah, you missed me also saying that in my list. Been broken since October and just haven't wanted to spend the $300 yet.
Old 3/31/14, 06:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

2011 GT Premium, Race Red, Rapid Spec 400A, 6AT, Electronics Package, Comfort Package. 12k miles. A lot of items, more than I'm used to for a new car, frankly. But...I love the way it looks and drives, it is the first car I've ever tracked, and Ford has given me a FREE 3-year maintenance plan and a FREE bumper-to-bumper warranty extension up to 5 years (up from the standard 3 years) - both for my troubles. Here's my laundry list:
* rattle in rear-view mirror, replaced under warranty.
* passenger-side seat heater fail, replaced under warranty.
* driver-side seat motor fail, replaced under warranty.
* driver-side weather stripping warped, replaced under warranty.
* driver-side window scratches, replaced under warranty.
* front LCA (control arm) creaks, TSB, replaced under warranty (with new heat-shield-fix).
* Sync not recognizing USB, uploaded new TSB software, fixed under warranty.
* interior dome/map light assembly loose, fixed under warranty.
* various squeaks in and around dash, IP, A-pillar plastics, & vents - I took some black-colored foam material and wedged into many crevices using a small flat-head screwdriver, all squeaks gone - invisible and free fix.
There it all is.
Pete - can you share some detail on the window scratches - how you noticed, what the damage was like, etc.? I wonder if I have a similar issue based on the driver window sounding a bit scratchy when going down compared to the passenger. Thanks.
Old 3/31/14, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 gt brembo package with modest mods in my signage.. issues that i had till date 1yr of ownership
- driver-side seat motor fail, replaced under warranty
- rattle in rear-view mirror, replaced under warranty.
- pony projection light fade, replaced under warranty.

there is lot of inside squeaks, rattling and raspy noises inside the cabin which i dont care much to address as probably it is to do with the suspension mods i have done... wifey says she feels like seating in freight train with all the noise + exhaust note.. but for me all that is symphony...
Old 3/31/14, 07:27 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
2013 gt brembo package with modest mods in my signage.. issues that i had till date 1yr of ownership - driver-side seat motor fail, replaced under warranty - rattle in rear-view mirror, replaced under warranty. - pony projection light fade, replaced under warranty. there is lot of inside squeaks, rattling and raspy noises inside the cabin which i dont care much to address as probably it is to do with the suspension mods i have done... wifey says she feels like seating in freight train with all the noise + exhaust note.. but for me all that is symphony...
If she thinks that's bad, tell her wait till you go full catback, and/or headers, plus blower. Music to our ears, hell on earth for our wives. Ask me how I know...
Old 3/31/14, 10:55 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
2013 gt brembo package with modest mods in my signage.. issues that i had till date 1yr of ownership
- driver-side seat motor fail, replaced under warranty
- rattle in rear-view mirror, replaced under warranty.

There is lot of inside squeaks, rattling inside the cabin.
---
Hey, your first two items are identical to mine. As for the squeaks in the cabin...try wedging some foam material into the gaps in the air vent surrounds, the plastic A-pillar covers (where it meets the dash), & the instrument panel. I did it, and 95% of the rattles are gone, and the fix is free and invisible. Ford...are you listening?
Old 3/31/14, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Pete - can you share some detail on the window scratches - how you noticed, what the damage was like, etc.? I wonder if I have a similar issue based on the driver window sounding a bit scratchy when going down compared to the passenger. Thanks.
---
Kyle, it was actually two separate problems:
1) My specific vehicle was on the dealer's lot for several months, so the key-lock-box they hang from the driver's side window left marks on the outside of the window...permanent scratches. The scratches were there since day one, I just waited to get it fixed at the same time when some other items piled up.
2) Both driver and passenger side windows developed scratches in the tint (the inside of the window), after about two years. These were vertical, and located on the rear part of the window. This occurred from some poor weather stripping located on the rear part of both doors.
All items fixed for free by dealer.
Old 4/1/14, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
If she thinks that's bad, tell her wait till you go full catback, and/or headers, plus blower. Music to our ears, hell on earth for our wives. Ask me how I know...
lol..though she dont like the sound.. she loves to drive it n take it to her university.... she says more people r coming n making friends with her when they saw she has mustang...

---
Hey, your first two items are identical to mine. As for the squeaks in the cabin...try wedging some foam material into the gaps in the air vent surrounds, the plastic A-pillar covers (where it meets the dash), & the instrument panel. I did it, and 95% of the rattles are gone, and the fix is free and invisible. Ford...are you listening?
thts a quick fix.. thanks
Old 4/1/14, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

--- Kyle, it was actually two separate problems: 1) My specific vehicle was on the dealer's lot for several months, so the key-lock-box they hang from the driver's side window left marks on the outside of the window...permanent scratches. The scratches were there since day one, I just waited to get it fixed at the same time when some other items piled up. 2) Both driver and passenger side windows developed scratches in the tint (the inside of the window), after about two years. These were vertical, and located on the rear part of the window. This occurred from some poor weather stripping located on the rear part of both doors. All items fixed for free by dealer.
Thanks Pete - I think I've got the same problem as your #2. Assuming you were under warranty when they fixed, I wonder what cost would be out of warranty.
Old 4/1/14, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 GT. 6 speed. 6648 kilometres and 1st time Low Oil Level warning. Put in a quart of oil and got an oil change an hour later.
No visible leaks. Dealership was closed so went to a Mr.Lube and they said NO OIL left at all in the car (just very low oil), except for maybe the quart I had put in an hour prior.

When the car was on the lift they noticed lots of fluid on my rear axle near the differential and the components.
My rear axle and seals was previously replaced due to a run in with a curb at ford dealership.

Attached are the pictures of said "leak"
Attached Thumbnails Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?-image-3887027023.jpg   Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?-image-886074393.jpg   Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?-image-658519967.jpg   Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?-image-2923037837.jpg   Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?-image-1197411344.jpg  

Old 4/1/14, 02:19 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Azrael
Just a follow-up: I did as you suggested and it worked for about 3 trips, and has started the "buffering...", and then "Sync has encountered a problem with Pandora..." message. I guess I can keep soft booting the phone, but that is annoying to repeat with my "Lifeproof - Fre" case that basically requires a screwdriver to get open.

Thanks for the help though!
Hey Azrael,

You're welcome. If you're finding that the soft reset to your phone is only a temporary fix, bring this to your dealer's attention the next time you're in for service so they can diagnose.

Kim
Old 4/1/14, 03:10 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
2014 GT. 6 speed. 6648 kilometres and 1st time Low Oil Level warning. Put in a quart of oil and got an oil change an hour later.
No visible leaks. Dealership was closed so went to a Mr.Lube and they said NO OIL left at all in the car (just very low oil), except for maybe the quart I had put in an hour prior.

When the car was on the lift they noticed lots of fluid on my rear axle near the differential and the components.
My rear axle and seals was previously replaced due to a run in with a curb at ford dealership.

Attached are the pictures of said "leak"
That's a 2014 above????????? holy cow....
Old 4/1/14, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
That's a 2014 above????????? holy cow....
No oil would make one heck of a racket....engine prob would've seized up before you made it to the lube place
Old 4/1/14, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by conv_stang
No oil would make one heck of a racket....engine prob would've seized up before you made it to the lube place
They said no oil, I assume they just meant very low.

Yeah it's a 2014. It's got 8,000 kilometres on her now.
She looks pretty ugly underneath :-(
Poor girl needs some maintenance I think.

What puzzled me was that my oil was so low. I drive it hard yes, but I don't trash the car. It's usually stop light to stop light. I've only done 4-5 mild burnouts in the car.

What do you guys think about those pictures. Are they as horrible as I think they are?
Old 4/1/14, 08:39 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I'm not surprised it looks rough underneath living in Edmonton. I used to live there. Hard as hell on vehicles.
Old 4/1/14, 09:34 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I'm not surprised it looks rough underneath living in Edmonton. I used to live there. Hard as hell on vehicles.
I agree.... But yes that undercarriage looks rough. It really is part of the reason I don't drive my toy show cars in winter. It wreaks havoc on everything.
Old 4/1/14, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Thanks Pete - I think I've got the same problem as your #2. Assuming you were under warranty when they fixed, I wonder what cost would be out of warranty.
---
Kyle, yes I was in warranty (and I still am). If your car is a 2011, you can't be out of warranty very long. I would connect with Deysha (the Ford Rep on TMS), and let her see if she can get an exception made to fix those window scratches. If they are on the inside, perhaps just a re-do of window tint. But I would push FoMoCo to pay for it...tell them that this is a common issue. Good luck, brother.
Old 4/2/14, 02:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
Yeah it's a 2014. It's got 8,000 kilometres on her now.
She looks pretty ugly underneath :-(
Poor girl needs some maintenance I think.

What do you guys think about those pictures. Are they as horrible as I think they are?
Looks like she was rode hard and put up wet!

You should take it to your dealer for a look. The axle tube appears to be leaking as does the pinon seal. They may need to weld the tube to the housing or, most likely, replace the rear end assembly.

And, your oil consumption seems too high - ~6-7 qts in ~3600 miles!

Quick Reply: Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?