2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can this be? I hope not

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 12:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a house built a few years ago, considerably more than 35K, and it wasn't done the week we had hoped. We had weather issues, hand full of rafters were blown down in a wind storm, vendor delays and a host of other issues. I had to move in with my in-laws for a couple of months because I sold my house. Did I expect the builder to do anything more than they did, no. They gave my an "estimated" date and it was just that, estimated. I have been in the house just over 2 years now and quite honestly the "drama" of the build process is ancient history and meaningless now. They got it right, I love the house, all is good. Relax, let Ford do whatever it is they need to do to make the cars right, they ship them, you'll get it and everything will be fine.
Old 6/2/10, 01:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
I had a house built a few years ago, considerably more than 35K, and it wasn't done the week we had hoped. We had weather issues, hand full of rafters were blown down in a wind storm, vendor delays and a host of other issues. I had to move in with my in-laws for a couple of months because I sold my house. Did I expect the builder to do anything more than they did, no. They gave my an "estimated" date and it was just that, estimated. I have been in the house just over 2 years now and quite honestly the "drama" of the build process is ancient history and meaningless now. They got it right, I love the house, all is good. Relax, let Ford do whatever it is they need to do to make the cars right, they ship them, you'll get it and everything will be fine.
Did they tell you to just call the salesman if you wanted to know about the delays? From what you wrote it sounds like you were well-informed. I think that's the key difference here.

Most people can understand waiting if they know WHY they're waiting.

Keep in mind, the Ford marketing machine isn't without fault here. They're hyping this car like it's available RIGHT NOW but in reality, it's not.

I just did a quick search on Cars.com and it appears that MOST of the Mustangs listed are autos. Many listed are presumed "houdini" cars as they clearly have not been produced given their VIN sequence.

Paul, if you can get me the car I have in my sig I'll leave my dealer NOW and buy from you. The $500 doesn't even matter that much to me. I just want the car. But the fact is, few people are getting these new cars.
Old 6/2/10, 01:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I too have waited on a LOT longer... for much more...

Would you be happier really if they told you 'We had a problem with ____ part, and we don't know when its going to be fixed' ?
No, instead of being upset that you didn't have your car, you'd be upset that you didn't have your car because of ____ and still wouldn't know when you will get it. In the end its all the same.

I agree waiting sucks, but I know its an estimate and that when I do get, it'd be better than if I got it earlier, and I'd be cursing at Ford that they should have fixed the part before I got the **** car...oh wait... isn't that ... nah...
You can't win for losing
Old 6/2/10, 01:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boomer

Would you be happier really if they told you 'We had a problem with ____ part, and we don't know when its going to be fixed' ?
No, instead of being upset that you didn't have your car, you'd be upset that you didn't have your car because of ____ and still wouldn't know when you will get it. In the end its all the same.

I agree waiting sucks, but I know its an estimate and that when I do get, it'd be better than if I got it earlier, and I'd be cursing at Ford that they should have fixed the part before I got the **** car...oh wait... isn't that ... nah...
You can't win for losing
Actually, I'd be MUCH happier if they told me why my car hasn't shipped. I could then make an INFORMED decision about keeping the order or canceling it and buying something else. I've said it repeatedly: I don't mind waiting if I know WHY I'm waiting. 2 days to build... 30+ to "fix"/ship... unsatisfactory.
Old 6/2/10, 03:01 PM
GT Member

i will say i don't have a car on order and i've never waited that long for a car, but i would prefer a car be 100% by the time i took it then to be driving my car home and find out it has an issue that can be life threatening.

i also understand you want to know what's wrong. the only people who know what's wrong with the car are the folks at ford working on them. lets say for example the issue could be a matter of life and death, and they're afraid they'll have everyone who's taken delivery be afraid they have the issue, maybe it's better to hold off these select few cars and keep mum.
Old 6/2/10, 03:19 PM
V6 Member

I was worried about all of this months ago and everyone bashed me for being too worried, **** and silly. =/

I haven't had a problem with my V6 yet. Knock on wood.
Old 6/2/10, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
I feel your pain.. but I think having to wait an unknown amount of time for your car is something you have to live with if you are custom ordering your car straight from the factory.

Most people just buy off the lot, and do not have to deal with that headache.

But this is just something that comes with the territory. Not everyone had to wait 8+ weeks - some people got their cars pretty fast. Your car must have had issues, and their car must have came out fine. I don't think Ford should have pushed out their production date and made EVERYONE wait. It's possible your car could have STILL had issues even if they postponed the launch.. I think it's great Ford caught the issues before they delivered the car to you.
I agree with you! I think it's fine that some people are getting the cars and enjoying them. I mean should no one be allowed to have any fun because Ford delayed one person's car?
Old 6/2/10, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by sdsguy
i will say i don't have a car on order and i've never waited that long for a car, but i would prefer a car be 100% by the time i took it then to be driving my car home and find out it has an issue that can be life threatening.

i also understand you want to know what's wrong. the only people who know what's wrong with the car are the folks at ford working on them. lets say for example the issue could be a matter of life and death, and they're afraid they'll have everyone who's taken delivery be afraid they have the issue, maybe it's better to hold off these select few cars and keep mum.
Yeah, that whole "keeping it in the family" kind of killed Toyota, didn't it.

Seriously, if there IS a life and death issue, Ford MUST issue a recall. If they don't, they're going to have a whole sh*tload of issues well beyond a message forum of p!ssed off customers. And if they DO issue a recall, the cat is out of the bag. This is MORE LIKELY an issue with a supplier affecting an UNKNOWN but limited (albeit large) number of Mustangs. So they're ballparking the estimate and holding a bunch of cars they suspect may be affected. Once they clear each one, they move on to the next. A painful, time-consuming process.

It's car assembly, not rocket science.
Old 6/2/10, 04:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MontrealStang
I have a 5.0 GT with manual transmission ... runs like a dream ... no clutch issue. Actually the clutch is one of the highlight compared to my 05 GT ... it is so easy
When's that vid coming out Mart ?
Old 6/2/10, 05:01 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer

You can't win for losing
See Boomer now there is where you're wrong.

The problem with your argument is that you're too rational and too calm. You should be starting a new thread about your sister's friend's cousin's uncle who talked to a FedEx driver who delivered a package to a salesman at a Ford delearship and over heard a conversation about Ford holding the 5.0s. And repeat the process every couple of hours when one of your threads dies down.

Then someone will listen to you
Old 6/2/10, 05:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow silly me...

Oh I forgot I talked to a buddy this afternoon and Ford is just forgoing the 2011 year.
Because of all the 'waits' they are changing the VINs to be 2012 designation before the OK to ship. Those with 2011s will truely have a limited edition car.

Last edited by Boomer; 6/2/10 at 05:12 PM.
Old 6/2/10, 05:13 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Old 6/2/10, 05:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd be that calm if i didn't have one on order.
Old 6/2/10, 05:29 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
I'd be that calm if i didn't have one on order.
Don't worry Dan, you've been completely level headed IMO. But there are certain others....who shall remain nameless....

To me there's a difference between being concerned/wanting more info and being paranoid/jumping at any little tidbit of info no matter how stupid it sounds.
Old 6/2/10, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

Paul, if you can get me the car I have in my sig I'll leave my dealer NOW and buy from you. The $500 doesn't even matter that much to me. I just want the car. But the fact is, few people are getting these new cars.

i was searching my area for GT's i think i saw one of those listed..

most were auto v6's but i did see one 6 manual
Old 6/2/10, 06:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Don't worry Dan, you've been completely level headed IMO. But there are certain others....who shall remain nameless....

To me there's a difference between being concerned/wanting more info and being paranoid/jumping at any little tidbit of info no matter how stupid it sounds.

'Ya know, it's hard for me too .........I'm all keeping my emotions inside, like a real MAN should.
Old 6/2/10, 06:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
i was searching my area for GT's i think i saw one of those listed..

most were auto v6's but i did see one 6 manual
Mine's a V6 MANUAL MCA.

I have found a ton of AUTO cars. And I drove one Grabber Blue manual (sold the same weekend).

The reason I ordered was to get what I wanted. (Operative word: "get".) But since that doesn't seem very likely at this point, I'm looking at my options.

Again, if someone finds MY car somewhere, I'll fly there and drive it back. Of course the terms have to be the same (X-plan or better).