Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can this be? I hope not

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 04:33 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can this be? I hope not

I do NOT see anymore $500 rebate and only 2.9% for 36 months now. Correct me if I am wrong!
Old 6/2/10, 04:38 AM
Bullitt Member

If they don't offer some kind of enhanced rebate for those of us who were put on hold so long we missed the June 1 0%APR hell needs to be raised.
Old 6/2/10, 05:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel for you guys----really---

This is just unnacceptable!

The problem is Ford thinks their 2011 is gods gift to the world----wanna know the real secret?

ITS FAR FROM IT!

Wait till this car IS finally released in a massive way....there is going to be more 5.0's in the shop then on the road-----

Car has too many "kinks, and quirks"

Yesterday i went by my dealership to have my wifes Escape get an oil change-----

As i was chattting with my salesman, (he leaned over and told me quietley) the blue Kona 5.0 that i test drove (somebody bought it last week) was ALREADY in the shop due to some type of clutch sticking issue-----
Old 6/2/10, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

It's not listed on the website anymore and when I went to order my car yesterday they told me there were no special offers right now
Old 6/2/10, 05:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
I feel for you guys----really---

This is just unnacceptable!

The problem is Ford thinks their 2011 is gods gift to the world----wanna know the real secret?

ITS FAR FROM IT!

Wait till this car IS finally released in a massive way....there is going to be more 5.0's in the shop then on the road-----

Car has too many "kinks, and quirks"

Yesterday i went by my dealership to have my wifes Escape get an oil change-----

As i was chattting with my salesman, (he leaned over and told me quietley) the blue Kona 5.0 that i test drove (somebody bought it last week) was ALREADY in the shop due to some type of clutch sticking issue-----
Did you by chance buy a 2010 Mustang GT?
Old 6/2/10, 05:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
Did you by chance buy a 2010 Mustang GT?

No correllation-----

I AM COMPLETELY UNBIASED!

So dont go down that road----i was just mereley stating things that i have heard and what is going on
Old 6/2/10, 06:09 AM
Cobra R Member

No correllation-----

So dont go down that road----i was just mereley stating things that i have heard and what is going on
I believe you. You've got nothing to gain by offering your opinion/information about what you've heard. Thanks for the info.
Old 6/2/10, 06:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It was pretty unheard of for Ford to offer rebates and finance deals on a new model year vehicle anyway ... wasn't it ?? you folks can still use the $750 coupon I assume ...
Old 6/2/10, 06:22 AM
Cobra R Member

The 0% was a huge factor in how I optioned my car. I can afford whatever I want in a Mustang but the "free money" made me a little more carefree in the option selection.

I'm to the point now where I may just go buy a base V6 off the lot and be done with it. I'm tired of waiting and getting these "teaser" deals only to find that Ford holds their cars long enough for the deals to run out.

I requested another brochure/coupon because mine will run out on 6/24 and I have no expectation that the car will definitely be here by then (probably will but not willing to bet $750 on it.

Now that the delays have cost me and additional $1300 in financing savings that have been lost plus $500 in lost customer cash. . . not sure I want the car that bad.

On the other hand, it's NOT at all uncommon for Ford to enhance their deals if sales slump -- especially with the 4th of July weekend coming up.
Old 6/2/10, 06:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I believe you. You've got nothing to gain by offering your opinion/information about what you've heard. Thanks for the info.

Thank you Jerry
Old 6/2/10, 06:44 AM
GT Member

No correllation-----

Already went down that road. There is no such thing as a "completely unbiased" person. Sorry. The "more 5.0s in the shop than on the road" comment really reeks of [insert male appendage word here] envy. I'm biased, you're biased, everybody is biased. That's not saying that this your reasoning was for making your post, but on the surface, it is uh......well.....one would wonder.

I've heard of the clutch issue. In fact, a member here (drag racer) has talked about something similar. I wish Ford would have stayed with the tried and true (and simple) cable operated clutch, but if there is a problem, it'll be worked out. And except for the motor and tranny (both big upgrades), the car is pretty much the same as yours.

Enjoy your car. We'll see how the 5.0 and its new trannys work out.
Old 6/2/10, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Kinda came off as sour-grapes...
Old 6/2/10, 06:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Look at the facts.

THOUSANDS of Mustangs have been built but only a few hundred (??) have been delivered. Clearly there IS a quality issue. The fact that GeneK and drag racer (??) have clutch issues and they're part of only a few deliveries of the manual cars lends credibility to SilverBull's assertion.

I'll bust his chops just as fast as anyone else but in this case, I don't think we've even hit the tip of this "first year" iceberg. And I don't even WANT a 2010. Getting closer to not wanting a 2011 too. Love the car but would prefer to enjoy it rather than endure it.
Old 6/2/10, 07:15 AM
Banned

Look at the facts.

THOUSANDS of Mustangs have been built but only a few hundred (??) have been delivered. Clearly there IS a quality issue. The fact that GeneK and drag racer (??) have clutch issues and they're part of only a few deliveries of the manual cars lends credibility to SilverBull's assertion.

I'll bust his chops just as fast as anyone else but in this case, I don't think we've even hit the tip of this "first year" iceberg. And I don't even WANT a 2010. Getting closer to not wanting a 2011 too. Love the car but would prefer to enjoy it rather than endure it.

I (nor anybody for that matter) could not have said that any better--------
Old 6/2/10, 07:16 AM
GT Member

The drivetrain is a first year setup. I have no doubt there are going to be "teething" issues. I would suggest few cars with new drivetrains don't have some, and would further suggest that in the internet age, word of such issues travels extremely fast (which is a good thing) and often gets overblown (perhaps not such a good thing).

But his statement absolutely reeked of sour grapes, and (I'll just say it this time) ***** envy. That's too bad, because he bought a nice car, and if it was the right car for him, GREAT!

Personally, I'm waiting for several months anyway. There is more than one reason for this, but one of those reasons is to see how the 2011s shake out over time. Another is I have to decide between the GT and some flavor of Vette. And finally....I really should sell my 99 Cobra first (that car had "teething" issues too, if you remember....though I bought it anyway, after learning what the issues were, and knowing what I/Ford needed to do about them).

I hope YOU end up with the car that is right for YOU too.
Old 6/2/10, 07:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a 6spd manual in my 2011 and I've had no clutch issues, just to put that out there. I have already reached 700 miles.
Old 6/2/10, 07:21 AM
Banned

The drivetrain is a first year setup. I have no doubt there are going to be "teething" issues. I would suggest few cars with new drivetrains don't have some, and would further suggest that in the internet age, word of such issues travels extremely fast (which is a good thing) and often gets overblown (perhaps not such a good thing).

But his statement absolutely reeked of sour grapes, and (I'll just say it this time) ***** envy. That's too bad, because he bought a nice car, and if it was the right car for him, GREAT!

Personally, I'm waiting for several months anyway. There is more than one reason for this, but one of those reasons is to see how the 2011s shake out over time. Another is I have to decide between the GT and some flavor of Vette. And finally....I really should sell my 99 Cobra first (that car had "teething" issues too, if you remember....though I bought it anyway, after learning what the issues were, and knowing what I/Ford needed to do about them).

If it came off as "***** envy" i apologize, was not my intentions-----

I was just stating what i heard and forming an opinion based on seeing the same type of holds and QC type issues in the past with other vehicles (Mercedes SLK 230 first year with Manual when first came out back in 2000 was in shop more than on road)
Old 6/2/10, 07:21 AM
Cobra R Member

That's the funny thing about the Internet. Sometimes we infer from text what we want to infer even if it's not really there. I went back and re-read his post and what I got from it was, "This sucks for anyone getting a 2011... and I'm bummed for all of you." That doesn't at all appear to be sour grapes or ***** envy.

Silverbull is a car guy and a Ford guy... just not seeing where he'd just come off as bashing 2011 owners for the he// of it.
Old 6/2/10, 07:22 AM

Wont be ready to order until next year, but either way, not really worried about these problems.

That's what warranty is for. (Only other choice is to accept a slower car with 100 less horsepower.. not really an option for me)
Old 6/2/10, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Look at the facts.

I have a 5.0 GT with manual transmission ... runs like a dream ... no clutch issue. Actually the clutch is one of the highlight compared to my 05 GT ... it is so easy

Quick Reply: Can this be? I hope not