Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can this be? I hope not

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 07:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
That's the funny thing about the Internet. Sometimes we infer from text what we want to infer even if it's not really there. I went back and re-read his post and what I got from it was, "This sucks for anyone getting a 2011... and I'm bummed for all of you." That doesn't at all appear to be sour grapes or ***** envy.

Silverbull is a car guy and a Ford guy... just not seeing where he'd just come off as bashing 2011 owners for the he// of it.

Again----

Many gratitudes
Old 6/2/10, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got an 11 GT with auto trans and no issues. Not that I was expecting any, but the car has been more than I could ever hope for after having for 4 days. Put a few hundred miles on it this weekend, and it ran like it should, a brand new car with over 400hp.

I'm sure there are going to be issues with the new powertrains, but that's to be expected. Hell, my car sat on the lot for six weeks after it was built. I have no idea why, but it did. Hopefully it wasn't an engine/tranny issue, but if it was, it was definitely fixed.
Old 6/2/10, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Wont be ready to order until next year, but either way, not really worried about these problems.

That's what warranty is for. (Only other choice is to accept a slower car with 100 less horsepower.. not really an option for me)
Amen!
Old 6/2/10, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Enjoy your cars.
Old 6/2/10, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
Enjoy your cars.

When you get your 5.0 BEAST----you better post up some nice pics of it!!!

I hope you get surprised and get a call this week with your car on the dealer lot!

Just remember----Drive it safely and in good health
Old 6/2/10, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

krnpimpsta - I just realized what your name means. Live in Annandale?
Old 6/2/10, 09:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Nothing like stereotyping there.... :-p
Old 6/2/10, 09:10 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
OMG a new car has ISSUES?!?!?
Yes..the 05 had issues... even the 06, 07, 08, 09...
Oh and 2010...and guess what..2011...and probably 2012 and 2013.. and I'll guess probably 14 and 15... maybe 16...
You get the point.

If there is any issues with any cars, Ford is fixing them before they get them to you.
This has happened in the past, and will happen now, and into the future. This is nothing new.

The only thing that IS new is that they are getting fixed quicker/faster and getting to you with the possibility of less issues. Ford has been really ontop of any minor to major issues with their vehicles lately. And this is a good thing.
(these could be ANYTHING from small to large, and to do with any type of manufacturing from supplier right through to how it was put together)

Would you rather get your car and have to sit with it in in the shop or have an issue that could quite possibly be life threatening? (this is not the case, I'm just making a point)

Wait till this car IS finally released in a massive way....there is going to be more 5.0's in the shop then on the road-----
This sounds more like wishful thinking on your part.
Just remember your car had issues too, and all TSBs were performed before you picked it up....

2005 Mustang 120 TSBs
2006 Mustang 99 TSBs
2007 Mustang 76 TSBs
2008 Mustang 47 TSBs
2009 Mustang 29 TSBs
2010 Mustang 11 TSBs most of which were published Aug-Oct 2009
Notice 2 things here... TSBs have gone down, which is great. But also notice that the 2009 Mustang which is 5 years into its product cycle still had 29 TSBs on it.
Now look at how many the 2010 had... and how many parts were carryover and how many were new?
Just sayin... opinion vs fact.

Now back to finance rates...

Last edited by Boomer; 6/2/10 at 09:21 AM.
Old 6/2/10, 09:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Maybe I missed it. . . what's the point? Ford can't build and ship cars that are relatively problem free????

Again, 2 days to build and 30, 60, or even longer to "fix" said issues? That's just a manufacturing disaster. It implies that quality was NOT part of the design process. Rather, quality was "added" after the production process was complete. Not bad, but REALLY expensive at that point.

Originally Posted by Boomer
OMG a new car has ISSUES?!?!?
Yes..the 05 had issues... even the 06, 07, 08, 09...
Oh and 2010...and guess what..2011...and probably 2012 and 2013.. and I'll guess probably 14 and 15... maybe 16...
You get the point.

If there is any issues with any cars, Ford is fixing them before they get them to you.
This has happened in the past, and will happen now, and into the future. This is nothing new.

The only thing that IS new is that they are getting fixed quicker/faster and getting to you with the possibility of less issues. Ford has been really ontop of any minor to major issues with their vehicles lately. And this is a good thing.
(these could be ANYTHING from small to large, and to do with any type of manufacturing from supplier right through to how it was put together)

Would you rather get your car and have to sit with it in in the shop or have an issue that could quite possibly be life threatening? (this is not the case, I'm just making a point)

This sounds more like wishful thinking on your part.
Just remember your car had issues too, and all TSBs were performed before you picked it up....
Old 6/2/10, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
When you get your 5.0 BEAST----you better post up some nice pics of it!!!

I hope you get surprised and get a call this week with your car on the dealer lot!

Just remember----Drive it safely and in good health
I don't have one on order, and I may or may not get one in the future. But if I do....and if I may be so bold...you'll be hard pressed to find a more....well....sane & safe driver on the street.

Now on the dragstrip.....a whole nuther story.

corvettedreamin....I'm sure you're a bit upset about your current situation. Sorry to hear it, but unless you have some inside knowledge of the current inner workings of Ford as it relates to the 2011 Mustang, I would suggest that your conclusions are based primarily on assumptions and are exacerbated by emotion.

****....psuedo-PC Bob just came back....
Old 6/2/10, 09:40 AM
Bullitt Member

nothing new here. every new car has issues. there will be those that are willing to buy them and risk finding out what those problems are in order to have the latest/baddest thing out there.

And there are those are willing to wait a year or two to find out the "biggie" issues and get a car hopefully less prone to problems yet have a car that has lost his "wow" factor somewhat.

Me personally? im the second type even though i have nothing agaist the first. both are needed.
Old 6/2/10, 09:44 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink

Maybe I missed it. . . what's the point? Ford can't build and ship cars that are relatively problem free????

Again, 2 days to build and 30, 60, or even longer to "fix" said issues? That's just a manufacturing disaster. It implies that quality was NOT part of the design process. Rather, quality was "added" after the production process was complete. Not bad, but REALLY expensive at that point.
How do you know... you don't even know what possible issues could be...
Is it cheaper to shut down the factory to fix a small piece of plastic? than fix it after the fact before it ships? Quality holds are NOTHING new.

As for the comment about the manufacturing processes, have you ever put something together with thousands of parts from 100s of manufacturers in a process that has to be completed in the same manner over and over again the same way, with equipement that has to be right 100% of the time, or a person who puts it in the same way 100% of the time?
Machines aren't 100%...they can have issues.
Humans aren't 100%..they can have issues.
Parts aren't all created equal and there are WAY too many variables to get the car from birth to customers hands.

Quality IS their priority, because its getting fixed BEFORE you get it...even if you have to wait.
Parts are fixed or changed and the manufacturing process changes, and is evaluated. It's a fluid process.

You don't complain that a shirt in a store took 18 weeks to get from asia to the hanger in Walmart, because the completed product is right in front of you. But if you had to custom order it...lookout...

Last edited by Boomer; 6/2/10 at 09:46 AM.
Old 6/2/10, 10:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
I don't have one on order, and I may or may not get one in the future. But if I do....and if I may be so bold...you'll be hard pressed to find a more....well....sane & safe driver on the street.

Now on the dragstrip.....a whole nuther story.

corvettedreamin....I'm sure you're a bit upset about your current situation. Sorry to hear it, but unless you have some inside knowledge of the current inner workings of Ford as it relates to the 2011 Mustang, I would suggest that your conclusions are based primarily on assumptions and are exacerbated by emotion.

****....psuedo-PC Bob just came back....
Actually it's mostly inferences, not assumptions.

* Inference: A conclusion you come to in your mind based on something else that is true or you believe to be true

* Assumption: Part of your belief system. Something you don't question. Your mind takes for granted that your assumption is true

Does emotion play a role? Certainly. Does it change what is TRUE or believed to be true/plausible? Not so much.

Welcome back, PC-Bob!
Old 6/2/10, 10:12 AM
Banned

Funny we are having this discussion bc i just got in the mailtoday a TSB on my wifes 2010 Escape Limited!

Transmission problem------------
Old 6/2/10, 10:37 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the $500 rebate has been extended as reported by Paul

/end thread
Old 6/2/10, 10:49 AM
GT Member

didn't Gene K say his car as a clutch issue? maybe that hold was to deal with the cars with manual transmissions. the only thing new that carries over across the line up is the transmission, right?
Old 6/2/10, 11:02 AM
V6 Member

You don't complain that a shirt in a store took 18 weeks to get from asia to the hanger in Walmart, because the completed product is right in front of you. But if you had to custom order it...lookout...
I not paying 35k for a shirt.

Plain and simple Ford has screwed the pooch on this.
The lack of information and then the incorrect information you get from Ford only compounds the problem.

Six plus weeks after a car is built is plenty of time to fix whatever issue or issues that a car may have.

And if it is that big of issue then maybe Ford should have done a little more testing and pushed the start of production for MY 2011 to a later date.

Most people would have been fine with pushing to start of production back instead of having a built car sitting in a parking lot for a number of weeks.

Today is week eight for me.
Old 6/2/10, 11:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mfbris

The lack of information and then the incorrect information you get from Ford only compounds the problem.

Six plus weeks after a car is built is plenty of time to fix whatever issue or issues that a car may have.

And if it is that big of issue then maybe Ford should have done a little more testing and pushed the start of production for MY 2011 to a later date.

Most people would have been fine with pushing to start of production back instead of having a built car sitting in a parking lot for a number of weeks.

I'm with you, Marty. But then Ford couldn't count the cars produced as "deliveries" and then the stock price would fall, the media would be bored, and Ford would continue to focus on its gas guzzling F250 launch.
Old 6/2/10, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Nothing like stereotyping there.... :-p
Har har.. I live in Rockville
Old 6/2/10, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by mfbris

I feel your pain.. but I think having to wait an unknown amount of time for your car is something you have to live with if you are custom ordering your car straight from the factory.

Most people just buy off the lot, and do not have to deal with that headache.

But this is just something that comes with the territory. Not everyone had to wait 8+ weeks - some people got their cars pretty fast. Your car must have had issues, and their car must have came out fine. I don't think Ford should have pushed out their production date and made EVERYONE wait. It's possible your car could have STILL had issues even if they postponed the launch.. I think it's great Ford caught the issues before they delivered the car to you.

Quick Reply: Can this be? I hope not