2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

California Special vs Brembo Package

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/11 | 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

As i posted in the other thread I've yet to see a single piece of tangible evidence other than heresay and speculation that the Brembo package contains a single bit of suspension tuning. I see Same shocks, same springs same EVERYTHING as a 19 inch wheel equipped car. A sport mode for the ESP which allows for some additional wheelspin, thats all. It owes its performance improvements to its $400 a piece tires. Nothing more. The rampant speculation about suspension changes is just as unsubstantiated as the speculation about 2 piston rear calipers. Good summer tires can do a lot. And all these people that claim to "feel" a difference, probably just feel the lower profile, summer tires. I drove a brembo package car, it felt no different than the non brembo i drove. Show me some piece of ford documentation that says "if car equipped with brembo package use shock X, else use Y"

Last edited by SVTJayC; 1/22/11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 1/22/11 | 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree with YSUsteven
Old 1/22/11 | 07:52 PM
V6 Member

As someone who wanted performance first, luxury second... I went with the Cali Special.

Why?

Because I fell in love with the looks of the Cali. The leather, carbon fiber trim (yes i know its not real CF) and the nose, and rear diffuser. (mind you, this stuff was not offered after the fact when I ordered my car last year, like it is now)

The performance side of me knew that I was going to be upgrading most of the suspension and brakes anyway.

So it was a no brainer for me to start with the GT/CS then put the springs, shocks, struts, brakes, and bars on it later. I think I will be much happier.

The stock upgrades of the Brembo pkg over the non Brembo pkg, didnt seem enough to get my attention. Especially when I found out that it was just the front brakes that had Brembos. The "sport mode" also seemed useless since when I track the car, it all gets set to "off" anyway. The little differences in the brembo pkg suspension still would have not been enough for me, so I knew it was a waste of money to get that pkg, cause I would still want to upgrade it.

I wanted the best of the "looks" and the best of the "performance".
Then....they had to go and announce the Boss 302 lol

Last edited by jay45dee; 1/22/11 at 07:58 PM.