2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Anyone sticking to 5W-50, Amsoil has you covered now.

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/15, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No big deal at all good sir. Never used Amsoil, hear its great oil and couldn't give a crap how they sell the stuff. All I give a crap about is if the product does what it claims it does. Is Amsoil better than say Royal Purple or Mobil 1 extended performance. Perhaps it is good sir, not saying its not.

Can I say my mustangs engine will last me longer using Amsoil over say Mobil 1 extended performance changing every 10k oil change intervals. I don't know that. Will I get 350k miles out of my engine using Amsoil over using Royal Purple. Maybe, don't know! I know my wife's Mazda MPV has 150k miles on it, the engine purs like a kitten, runs like its brand new all while using Wal Mart Super tech fully synthetic 5W30 oil. Which the manufacturer calls for 5W20.

I'm with you bro. Nothing wrong with how Amsoil does business. Word of mouth.
100% in agreement. Will the engine last longer using Amsoil vs another, maybe, maybe not. In tests amsoil was shown to have less wear on metal parts than some other oils. They are the only oil company i have seen to have testing done against other oils and makes the results available for anyone interested. Let me guess, amsoil rigged the test which was done by and certified by independent testers. Figured I would get that out of the way and save someone the time to post it. My 1991 LX 5.0 ran for 120,000 miles before I sold it with no problems and it never saw a drop of amsoil so chances are with today's Coyote anything you use will have the engine running well over 100,000 miles with no issues. It really all boils down to preference.
Old 2/25/15, 10:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by imeyers302

100% in agreement. Will the engine last longer using Amsoil vs another, maybe, maybe not. In tests amsoil was shown to have less wear on metal parts than some other oils. They are the only oil company i have seen to have testing done against other oils and makes the results available for anyone interested. Let me guess, amsoil rigged the test which was done by and certified by independent testers. Figured I would get that out of the way and save someone the time to post it. My 1991 LX 5.0 ran for 120,000 miles before I sold it with no problems and it never saw a drop of amsoil so chances are with today's Coyote anything you use will have the engine running well over 100,000 miles with no issues. It really all boils down to preference.
Yeah, I highly doubt the test was rigged. Maybe I'm just spit balling here but maybe the reason you hear all positive things about Amsoil is because its great oil. Don't you want a product to have good reviews? People are silly bro and odd!
Old 2/25/15, 11:24 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Yeah, I highly doubt the test was rigged. Maybe I'm just spit balling here but maybe the reason you hear all positive things about Amsoil is because its great oil. Don't you want a product to have good reviews? People are silly bro and odd!

People have agendas

Anonymous people on the Internet have agendas

I don't exclude anyone from this. Even myself. We all have motivations for what we do. I just choose to say that some people put me off on a product by their actions.
Old 2/25/15, 12:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

People have agendas

Anonymous people on the Internet have agendas

I don't exclude anyone from this. Even myself. We all have motivations for what we do. I just choose to say that some people put me off on a product by their actions.
Well, I would agree that some people have an agenda but couldn't we say that about all businesses in the world. Ford had an agenda. GM has an agenda. Wal Mart has an agenda. McDonalds has an agenda. American Muscle has an agenda. Roush, Shelby, Saleen, RTR, Steeda all have agenda's. Boy scouts, girl scouts all have an agenda. Having an agenda is not necessarily a bad thing. Not sure the agenda of the OP other than sharing information.

Is the OP a distributor of Amsoil? OP, do you have an agenda?
Old 2/25/15, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I would agree that some people have an agenda but couldn't we say that about all businesses in the world. Ford had an agenda. GM has an agenda. Wal Mart has an agenda. McDonalds has an agenda. American Muscle has an agenda. Roush, Shelby, Saleen, RTR, Steeda all have agenda's. Boy scouts, girl scouts all have an agenda. Having an agenda is not necessarily a bad thing. Not sure the agenda of the OP other than sharing information.

Is the OP a distributor of Amsoil? OP, do you have an agenda?
No I am not a distributor just a very happy customer and my only agenda was to inform people on this forum that Amsoil now makes a 5W-50 to fords specs for our cars. Nothing more nothing less. I have zero to gain if every person on here switched. Personally I don't care if people use sunflower oil.
Old 2/25/15, 02:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by imeyers302

No I am not a distributor just a very happy customer and my only agenda was to inform people on this forum that Amsoil now makes a 5W-50 to fords specs for our cars. Nothing more nothing less. I have zero to gain if every person on here switched. Personally I don't care if people use sunflower oil.
Lol. I thought so. This reminds me of a few months back when I got my a$$ handed to me from my former local mustang club over a detailing product. A member mentioned how he was tired of all the Amsoil and Croftgate adds he see's and people pushing Croftgate. This member proceeded to say how Croftgate was bullcrap and a scam product that doesn't work yet admitted he never tried it.
Being that I use Croftgate products I interjected and gave a review of it and the benefits I found in using them. I was then accused of having my own personal agenda and to stop trying to sell Croftgate products to the memebers because they don't want that $hit

Funny thing is like you and Amsoil, I don't work for Croftgate. I don't sell any Coftgate products. I don't sell any car detailing products. I don't give a $hit what car care products people used. I don't care if people wash their car at all. I don't get a single penny from people who use Croftgate as you don't make a penny from people who use Amsoil.

You were just passing on information to members on the forum that may care about this news and who may want to try Amsoil.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 2/25/15 at 02:41 PM.
Old 2/25/15, 03:31 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thank you for your public service announcement