Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

American Muscle, the mustang authority

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/10, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flagstang
Thinks about it this way.. If you went to jiffy lube and they forgot to put your oil back in and you get down the block and you motor goes. Who do you think should pay the bill? "hey you should check the oil in parking lot before you leave" is the wrong reply.
This. As long as the folks that are saying he should have test fit wheels guaranteed to fit are also okay with the above scenario and others like it, then I'm fine Of course we all have the responsibility to protect ourselves whenever we can, but there is also a certain amount of reasonable trust we place in reputable vendors.

I've purchased many products from American Muscle, they are in a one-day delivery zone from my pony Know some great reps that work there as well! However, I don't think they handled this in the best way possible based on what was posted here. I hope that there was either some communication problem, or that they are behind due to the holidays! I sincerely hope it gets worked out to the mutual benefit of both parties $170 is quite a bit of scratch!
Old 12/26/10, 11:45 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
on a more happy note.. every time I see your car
I miss my vert.
Old 12/26/10, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Rose hasn't been online since the 22nd.

I'm willing to bet he is celebrating holidays with his family instead of worrying about a message board.. hah

Last edited by jetlag; 12/26/10 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12/26/10, 12:52 PM

Chris Rose response on same thread created on another forum by the OP:

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Hey,

Sorry about your fitment issues. Let's take a look into this.

First, I want to apologize. The only PM I have from you is from Wednesday, less than 24-hours before you posted this. The other PM on TMS (Which I haven't checked this week - the Holidays are busy around here, I apologize) was only from a few days prior. I checked my email, and I have nothing about this going back as far as 5 weeks. While I understand your frustration, this thread is the first I've heard of your issues. I need atleast 24-48 hours to respond to PMs because of volume, and I'm sorry calling our customer service department didn't get you the response you were looking for.

So first, let's address the wheel weight issue. When it comes to our wheels, I know that we tend to send wheels and tires out with very little weight, and they balance out just fine. While I can't speak for the wheel weights (because we didn't mount and balance them), I would be very upset with our wheel department if they ever sent a wheel out with that much weight. I have no idea why the shop that mounted and balanced your wheels had to use that much. I would have brought them to be rebalanced at a different shop. We do not carry Michelin tires, so I can't make a guess as to whether they're a pain to balance or not. I know that Nitto (who we carry) is known for needing alot of weight to balance out, and we don't end up with nearly the amount of weights your pictures showed. I wish I could be more help there. I can tell you that it's most likely not the wheel that's the problem.

We always recommend that you test fit your wheels before having them mounted/balanced. The rep that you spoke to was going off of our company policy, which is always test fit first. If the wheels were mounted/balanced by us, we would have refunded that fee. Granted we don't charge for mounting/balancing, even if there were a fee from us, we would have refunded it. Let me take a little further look into the phone calls on Monday and speak with the customer service rep to get a little more background on our end.

Second, let's take a look into the actual fitment. You said that you don't have the Brembo brakes in the front, correct? This confuses me a little. We have sold hundreds of sets of 18 x 9 and 18 x 10's as well as 20" to 2011 vehicles with no issues. I personally ran 18 x 9 (front) and 18 x 10 (rear) Bullitts on our company 2011 Mustang GT without any issues or spacers, etc. They weren't even particularly close, they had a small amount of room for error. 20" should not have ANY issues whatsoever - they've got even more room to work. Unless you have the Brembo brake package, which would make sense. Can we just confirm again with you that you don't have the larger Brembo calipers?

I'll take a look at what you were told on the phone by the rep, and the information that you provided him. I'll pull the calls on Monday and we'll get you taken care of.

I appreciate your patience. Have a Happy Holiday and we'll talk next Monday.

Chris Rose
Old 12/26/10, 12:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am willing to bet many holiday spending members here shopped elsewhere after this thread was created.
Old 12/26/10, 01:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
I am willing to bet many holiday spending members here shopped elsewhere after this thread was created.

If everyone stopped buying from a company because of a negative forum thread, no business would ever be open.
Old 12/26/10, 02:02 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jetlag
If everyone stopped buying from a company because of a negative forum thread, no business would ever be open.
Old 12/26/10, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jetlag
This.

The above post from Chris at AM sheds some light on the subject. All we've been hearing is one side of the story, there are always two sides. Give AM some time to respond, this isn't some sort of emergency they have to take care of on Christmas day because of some negative posts on a forum.
Old 12/27/10, 04:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Dang, after reading this whole thread, I'm going to close it until either the OP or someone from American Muscle asks me for a chance to update it; if either party wants to provide an update, please send me a PM and I'll reopen it for you. No need to continue it otherwise at this point.

Last edited by tom281; 12/27/10 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12/28/10, 05:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK folks, opening back up for a chance for either party to post up their updates and/or responses...... thanks to everyone for understanding.
Old 12/28/10, 06:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Make up your mind Tom.

Old 12/28/10, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

PM's were received from both parties.... so I would expect some updates to come once they check back in Gary.
Old 12/29/10, 03:07 AM
GT Member

Here's to a beneficial solution for all parties.
Old 12/29/10, 05:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Chris and AM have stepped up to the plate and refunded me the whole $170 for the mounting. Which was more than I expected.

Thank you all for all your support.

This is truly what makes this place such a great community.
Old 12/29/10, 06:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Pfffffffffftttttt ...... Your nuts. This is America. No one cares about one persons bad experience you want parts cheap. I don't care if the op didn't do his homework and is out 70 bucks. I want good looking parts cheap and fast. Long live American muscle.
Old 12/29/10, 06:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Everett
Pfffffffffftttttt ...... Your nuts. This is America. No one cares about one persons bad experience you want parts cheap. I don't care if the op didn't do his homework and is out 70 bucks. I want good looking parts cheap and fast. Long live American muscle.
"you're nuts" not "your nuts" lol. Glad it is working out. anyway after following for a couple days I don't think differently about AM. I would buy. I am amazed at some of the low prices. I dont want to spend $2,400 on wheels every time I feel like something new. The test fit is simple but I notice that alot of ppl just don't test fit wheels. I think we just want them on the car so fast anyway. I always order wheels and tires mounted and then if they don't fit I can call the company.
Old 12/29/10, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I want a set of rims for my 2011 BUT since these cars arw so new, The information out there is limited so are your choices. I think i can wait till everyone else trial and errors.
Old 12/29/10, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jcint
I want a set of rims for my 2011 BUT since these cars arw so new, The information out there is limited so are your choices. I think i can wait till everyone else trial and errors.
Exactly why i am waiting for axel backs to see which ones sounds best with no drone or wake the neighbors when i roll out at 5 am (off topic i know)

I am glad you got a dialog going and the more than stepped up and met your expectations. Happy for Both parties as i bet it works out for both
Old 12/29/10, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

kudos to AM for stepping up and handling the situation whether they were in the right or the wrong...nuff said
Old 12/29/10, 08:22 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Glad to see a good outcome. I've never ordered anything from American Muscle, but at least this thread wont prevent me from it in the future. Good job guys!

Quick Reply: American Muscle, the mustang authority