2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/16, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Haven't checked in a while, has anyone had their 13/14 recall done or are the dealerships still waiting on parts?
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (11/21/16)
Old 11/21/16, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I'm getting the recall done this Friday. I started this thread on 5-28-2015.
Originally Posted by mfc133
Haven't checked in a while, has anyone had their 13/14 recall done or are the dealerships still waiting on parts?
I had my 2014 done last Friday.
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (11/21/16)
Old 11/21/16, 03:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
The passenger side is not recalled on the 2013/14 year models.
Is there a passenger side recall? I've seen it mentioned here but I haven't received anything.
Old 11/21/16, 06:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Is there a passenger side recall? I've seen it mentioned here but I haven't received anything.
I haven't received any mail or saw anything on the Ford website about it either.
Old 11/22/16, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
It's not on my 2011 either...
It was on my 2011... had it done weeks ago.
Old 11/22/16, 02:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
My dealer tells me that my 2010 had the recall on the driver's side only, and that is what they replaced. Apparently it varies car by car depending on when and where it was manufactured and what air bags were used.
Old 11/24/16, 06:30 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I called my local dealer like I mentioned above and got an appointment for Monday. The service writer knew nothing about the passenger side initiator issue nor if there was a recall for that also. Will keep everyone posted.

Last edited by junkman9096; 11/24/16 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11/28/16, 04:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, THAT was a waste. Went in on time and the service writer had to scan through (what he said was) 17 pages of service bulletins to make sure there wasn't any outstanding ones. Good enough, good work. "See ya in a couple of hours". Alrighty then. 90 minutes later I'm hanging Christmas lights and I get the call. "Mr Junkman, there's a problem." Not only don't they actually have the needed part, though they said they did, but now they don't think they get it for at least another month and probably not until the first quarter of next year. To say I'm irritated is to laughably understate the situation. And who do I get mad at? Ford for not being more proactive and organizing this better and/or laying this on the dealer's? The dealer for not knowing their inventory. I mean they have to have done these for some time, haven't they "polished the stone" of this procedure? Takata? Well of course, Takata. What a cluster.

Last edited by junkman9096; 11/28/16 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11/28/16, 04:54 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Oh, and no information as to if passenger side bags are or are not included.
Old 11/29/16, 04:50 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by junkman9096
Well, THAT was a waste. Went in on time and the service writer had to scan through (what he said was) 17 pages of service bulletins to make sure there wasn't any outstanding ones. Good enough, good work. "See ya in a couple of hours". Alrighty then. 90 minutes later I'm hanging Christmas lights and I get the call. "Mr Junkman, there's a problem." Not only don't they actually have the needed part, though they said they did, but now they don't think they get it for at least another month and probably not until the first quarter of next year. To say I'm irritated is to laughably understate the situation. And who do I get mad at? Ford for not being more proactive and organizing this better and/or laying this on the dealer's? The dealer for not knowing their inventory. I mean they have to have done these for some time, haven't they "polished the stone" of this procedure? Takata? Well of course, Takata. What a cluster.

After I received my letter saying my inflator was at the dealer. I called my dealer and they had to order the inflator with my VIN. It took another 41 days for the inflator to arrive to my local Ford dealer
Old 11/29/16, 07:50 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by David Young
After I received my letter saying my inflator was at the dealer. I called my dealer and they had to order the inflator with my VIN. It took another 41 days for the inflator to arrive to my local Ford dealer
Well, on the bright side I only live 5 minutes drive from the dealership AND I took the opportunity to go have an oil change since I was out. Not at the dealer though. That'll show 'em.

Oh, and I finished with the Christmas lights, so there's that.
Old 11/30/16, 08:37 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Oooooh, I just got my "Customer Satisfaction Survey" email. What ever should I say?
Old 11/30/16, 10:22 AM
Cobra Member

Tell them how you really feel.
Old 11/30/16, 07:39 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
After filling mine out I received a phone call from the owner of the local Ford dealership. I was surprised that he actually reads surveys.
Old 11/30/16, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
As a service writer, let me tell you your bad surveys can really hurt a a service writer.
Now don't get me wrong if your service writer sucks and did not try to make your trip as easy as possible (what's in a service writers control) then fill the survey out as needed.
But if your mad at Ford or the airbag manufacturer, don't torch the writer!
I don't work for Ford but at my dealership a bad survey can cost me a couple hundred dollars a month!
Just some info!
Old 12/1/16, 12:11 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
As a service writer, let me tell you your bad surveys can really hurt a a service writer.
Not to worry. I mentioned that the service writer seemed diligent in his job and "gave good service". Plus having careers that required me to make those kind of calls to the public, I'm sympathetic to his plight. No, my beef is with Ford and "the system" that would cause customers to be misled and rely upon bad information regarding parts and availability. That's on the dealership/management/manufacturer. But no complaints with the service writer.

Last edited by junkman9096; 12/1/16 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12/1/16, 05:59 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
My issues were with lack of service provided by the local dealership. I have had a couple of bad experiences with their service department. I know that certain aspects of the recall are out of control of the dealer, my dad owned a dealership when I was a kid.
Old 12/5/16, 09:13 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Text of my review posted on Yelp and Google:

Its going be hard to review the service at Ukiah Ford, because I never actually got a service there.
I called up to have the airbag initiator replaced under the national recall and my notices from Ford said to check with the dealer in the last quarter of the year. I did so and was assured that the part was in and scheduled an appointment. After arriving at the dealership I was well treated by the service writer. HE AT LEAST did his job well, checking back through the listing of service bulletins to make certain there wasn't anything else. (Thus the one star). 90 minutes later the same service writer called back to tell me that "sorry, we actually don't have the part but maybe next month or the first quarter of 2017". WTH! Went in and retrieved my car without incident.

Again, my beef isn't with the service writer. What I have a complaint with is Ford for not being more on top of the situation, the dealership for not having a handle on their parts inventory (especially for such a widely publicized situation as the airbag recall) and the "system" for letting this happen. Very disappointing.
Old 12/5/16, 10:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Text of my review posted on Yelp and Google:

Its going be hard to review the service at Ukiah Ford, because I never actually got a service there.
I called up to have the airbag initiator replaced under the national recall and my notices from Ford said to check with the dealer in the last quarter of the year. I did so and was assured that the part was in and scheduled an appointment. After arriving at the dealership I was well treated by the service writer. HE AT LEAST did his job well, checking back through the listing of service bulletins to make certain there wasn't anything else. (Thus the one star). 90 minutes later the same service writer called back to tell me that "sorry, we actually don't have the part but maybe next month or the first quarter of 2017". WTH! Went in and retrieved my car without incident.

Again, my beef isn't with the service writer. What I have a complaint with is Ford for not being more on top of the situation, the dealership for not having a handle on their parts inventory (especially for such a widely publicized situation as the airbag recall) and the "system" for letting this happen. Very disappointing.
The part is available unless we are getting them on the Gulf Coast first.
Old 12/5/16, 01:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

The part is available unless we are getting them on the Gulf Coast first.
I have a vague recollection that the problem is more pronounced in high humidity areas so it may be the situation that they have the parts first. Just don't tell me you have it when you don't. Just hoping I don't have a reason to have the airbag deploy, for any number of reasons. Being a beta tester is just one.

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall