2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/15, 11:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I just called the service department. They said that this is a new recall and that it could be years before they get around to it. What he was told is that there is a chance that the airbag may not deploy. He said call back in 6 months and check back.

IF any airbag lights come up on the dashboard, then I will have to call them back and they'd try to get me into another car till its fixed.

otherwise, keep driving it.

I'm quoting myself here for good reason. I took my car over to my local ford dealership near where I work (Parkway Ford). The service advisor pulled up the info on my car and saw this recall. She told me that she was ordering the part in for me this afternoon and would call me as soon as it arrived.

THIS ladies and gentlemen is quality service. Not like that other service guy from Pittman Ford.

The sad thing is that so far, I have received the poorest level of service where I bought my car (Pittman Ford). I'm pretty sure that they will never see me there again. I will never recommend anyone there either.

Hopefully, now that the part is actually ordered, it will get addressed sooner than later!
Old 6/5/15, 12:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I'm quoting myself here for good reason. I took my car over to my local ford dealership near where I work (Parkway Ford). The service advisor pulled up the info on my car and saw this recall. She told me that she was ordering the part in for me this afternoon and would call me as soon as it arrived.

THIS ladies and gentlemen is quality service. Not like that other service guy from Pittman Ford.

The sad thing is that so far, I have received the poorest level of service where I bought my car (Pittman Ford). I'm pretty sure that they will never see me there again. I will never recommend anyone there either.

Hopefully, now that the part is actually ordered, it will get addressed sooner than later!
Good service attracts new customers. Maybe you should buy your next Mustang from Parkway.

Last edited by TheReaper; 6/10/15 at 08:47 PM.
Old 6/5/15, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Everything I've heard indicates she can order the part but don't expect to see it any time soon. My service advisor is guessing September or October, and that's just a guess.
Old 6/5/15, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
Good service attracts new customers. Maybe you should by your next Mustang from Parkway.

Yes sir!

Originally Posted by tukatz
Everything I've heard indicates she can order the part but don't expect to see it any time soon. My service advisor is guessing September or October, and that's just a guess.

Yeah, I would imagine that's the case with me as well. But, the fact that she took care of this for me and didn't tell me "try us back in 6 months" showed me, that she played her roll and did what she could to take care of me. Not to mention that, I didn't even bring it up. I went down there for something else today.
Old 6/10/15, 06:02 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I called my local dealer last week. The advisor said he would order the new one in. I'm sitting at the dealer waiting for the to do the work as I type this.
Old 6/10/15, 06:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by crazietj
I called my local dealer last week. The advisor said he would order the new one in. I'm sitting at the dealer waiting for the to do the work as I type this.
So I just got called back to the service desk. So apparently they ordered the airbag. But it's the one that is affected. They told me they have no time frame of when the new ones will be available. He gave me a card and told me that they will give me a free oil change for my inconvenience.
Old 6/10/15, 06:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by crazietj
So I just got called back to the service desk. So apparently they ordered the airbag. But it's the one that is affected. They told me they have no time frame of when the new ones will be available. He gave me a card and told me that they will give me a free oil change for my inconvenience.

$50 back in your pocket is better than nothing! I wasn't offered that.
Old 6/10/15, 12:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Yeah, I called my dealer today and they thought they were going to have airbags mid-year but they don't and have no idea when parts will be available. They said Ford would send a letter long before they knew anything.
Old 6/10/15, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Yeah, I called my dealer today and they thought they were going to have airbags mid-year but they don't and have no idea when parts will be available. They said Ford would send a letter long before they knew anything.
Deysha said the letter would be mailed out next month but there doesn't seem to be any reliable estimate when parts would be available.
Old 6/12/15, 07:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha said the letter would be mailed out next month but there doesn't seem to be any reliable estimate when parts would be available.
From what I have, the actual recall notice will be sent out next month, and then another notice will be sent out after when parts are available, tukatz.

Deysha
Old 6/12/15, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Deysha. That's good to know.
Old 6/12/15, 10:07 AM

Thanks Deysha. That's good to know.
No problem, tukatz!

Deysha
Old 6/22/15, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deysha, PM sent. Thank you!
Old 6/23/15, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by hlyshft
Deysha, PM sent. Thank you!
You're welcome, hlyshft! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 6/23/15, 06:56 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt
Coyote5-0 is right...the odds against are staggering. Sit tight because this ain't over yet. Reuters reports that even the airbags that were replaced might have to be re-replaced.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0OK1X420150604

This is why i'm going to 'not rush anything'.
Old 6/23/15, 07:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by David Young
This is why i'm going to 'not rush anything'.
Exactly. Replacement parts are probably defective as well as they are old stock. Just sit tight and wait for the correct parts to be manufactured.
Old 6/23/15, 07:09 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
When this recall was first announced, I was nervous about letting the local dealer touch my car. But, after my car's first warranty repair last week, I think I'll be ok. I ended up with great service (they called me with updates) and a new top. It will also be the only warranty repair since mine will expire before I have to fill up with gas again.
Old 7/27/15, 05:59 AM
DRB
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the notice I got - "remedy not yet available."

Recall Date: MAY 27, 2015
Recall Title: DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT
NHTSA Recall Number: 15V319
Ford Recall Number: 15S21
Recall Description: IN THE SUBJECT VEHICLES, CONTINUED EXPOSURE TO HIGH LEVELS OF ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY MAY CAUSE THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR HOUSING TO RUPTURE IF THE VEHICLE IS INVOLVED IN A CRASH WHERE THE SUPPLEMENTAL FRONT AIRBAGS ARE DESIGNED TO DEPLOY.
Risk to Safety: IN INFLATOR RUPTURE COULD RESULT IN METAL FRAGMENTS STRIKING AND POTENTIALLY INJURING VEHICLE OCCUPANTS
Remedy Program: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR WITH A NEW ONE, FREE OF CHARGE.
Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.
Old 7/27/15, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Yep. I just got my recall notice. I'm going to put it in my glove box with my manuals. I expect I'll still own the car when parts become available, but I'm guessing it will be a long wait.
Old 7/27/15, 08:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Yeah I imagine it will be a very long wait until parts are available

Quick Reply: Airbag Recall