Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/12, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys are all psycho

Pot...kettle...black

Looks like a few were right at 8 weeks...those that were...when did you get your vin?

With my mother telling me to exercise patience I am not pursuing the other one I found

I am hoping it comes in before aug 14...as I am headed to Woodward dream cruise that day...I informed my dealer that I would put 2000+ miles on either his car or mine lol...he said I should have it by then
Old 6/29/12, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
You guys are all psycho

Pot...kettle...black

Looks like a few were right at 8 weeks...those that were...when did you get your vin?

With my mother telling me to exercise patience I am not pursuing the other one I found

I am hoping it comes in before aug 14...as I am headed to Woodward dream cruise that day...I informed my dealer that I would put 2000+ miles on either his car or mine lol...he said I should have it by then
If you look at my sig that has been pretty much the time frames I am seeing for most cars except Boss/CS/GT500's
Old 6/29/12, 10:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sent you a new PM

Hi Deysha,
I sent you a PM for an update about my car. Do you know if she got built this week?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 6/30/12, 03:14 AM
V6 Member

Hi Deysha, is there anything different to report in my '13 GT500 DIB ordered 3/20/12?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 6/30/12, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
You guys are all psycho

Pot...kettle...black

Hi Chad, I ordered mine may 18th which is before you and still no schedule or any other info. not to scare you maybe it will work out for both of us. I'm hoping a couple weeks more will get it done
Old 6/30/12, 03:19 PM

I finally picked her up Tuesday night. So ordered 5/17 and arrived at dealer 6/25. In speaking with the salesman he said it may have been there several days and did not realize it. But who knows. They gave me a fair deal on my trade but I held firm. They started off offering 4k less than what I would accept. Held firm and got exactly what I wanted for it.

Here are some quick pictures I took the night I brought it home. They are not the best as it was 10pm when I got home. Due to a schedule change at work the next few weeks, it is dark when I get home. So I haven't been able to take some good day time pictures. This isn't a daily driver so I don't get to drive that much. I have only taken it out 2 times this week for a total of 60 miles since delivery. It is sitting at 70 miles now.

Deysha, thank you kindly for all that you do for us here. I still want to know what office I need to send my appreciation to. Can you PM me that so I can send an appropriate letter of appreciation to your supervisors. And yourself!

Better pictures will come in the next several days. I am off again on Tues and Weds.

Last edited by Myfins1; 6/30/12 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Edited links to pictures
Old 6/30/12, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

looks great.. congrats and good luck with that beauty..
Old 7/1/12, 07:30 AM

The red interior looks great!
Old 7/1/12, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Same combo as my 2005 GT

Your car is a real head turner. My 2005 had the same color combo and it looks awesome on a convertible.
Old 7/1/12, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by GreenCars
looks great.. congrats and good luck with that beauty..
Thanks! I am looking for suggestions now on how to do the stripes. Feel free to add any comments to my thread in exterior mods. Also a thread in interior/audio mods for a custom stereo system overhaul.

Originally Posted by Juice
Your car is a real head turner. My 2005 had the same color combo and it looks awesome on a convertible.
Thank you kindly. I really love the color combination. I really wanted the candy red with the brick red interior. I know it wasn't my first choice, but I am really loving the look. It will really look awesome once I get those stripes painted on. Hope to have a final decision by midweek so it can get to the shop for painting.
Old 7/1/12, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Myfins1
Thanks! I am looking for suggestions now on how to do the stripes. Feel free to add any comments to my thread in exterior mods. Also a thread in interior/audio mods for a custom stereo system overhaul.

Thank you kindly. I really love the color combination. I really wanted the candy red with the brick red interior. I know it wasn't my first choice, but I am really loving the look. It will really look awesome once I get those stripes painted on. Hope to have a final decision by midweek so it can get to the shop for painting.
Once I get my car (hopefully this week) I will take pics of the OTT factory stripes. I had Black stripes on my 2006 which I still love that look. This was my 2006 Mustang.Name:  LIStangshootsmall-060.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  610.1 KB

Last edited by GreenCars; 7/2/12 at 06:53 AM.
Old 7/2/12, 07:06 AM

I really like that Black, red interior combo in in a vert.
Left a PM for Deysha this morning - weekly check - hoping for good news.
Old 7/2/12, 07:15 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
Thank You Deysha, Sorry to have been a pain in the *** during this wait. Hopefully I can get it before the holiday.
Well, it’s on the move. I hope it gets there soon!

Originally Posted by Blad3101
Thanks for the update today Deysha, it'll get me through the weekend.
Lol! You’re welcome!

Originally Posted by yuhn13
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!
So my mom and I went over to the dealer's in the afternoon just to talk about getting the spoiler put on and prepping stuff. I asked how's it coming along and the dealer said he would check on it and "be right back." Lo and behold as we're looking at other cars in the showroom, we see him walking back from a blue mustang parked right in front of the door with a grin on his face
Woo Hoo!! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Gone Galt
Is Flat Rock closed for the holiday week? If they are closed, do the cars that are built just sit and wait for the following week to be shipped?
The plant is closed this week, but shipping does not stop.

Originally Posted by Froggy
Thanks Deysha for the update. The Dealer also emailed me and said the car is scheduled to arrive between Monday and Friday next week. I can hardly wait for my car to arrive. This wait started April 18th.
Yup, it’s really close!

Originally Posted by Pilks
Mines here! Picked up my 301a deep impact blue. Ordered 4/28 picked up 6/29. I love it, what a monster. Going from a 98 GT to a 13 GT what a difference
Originally Posted by Pilks
Horrible cell picture
Woot woot!! Awesome ride!

Originally Posted by Juice
Hi Deysha,
I sent you a PM for an update about my car. Do you know if she got built this week?
Thanks,
Mike
Yes, it was. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by 440sprint
Hi Deysha, is there anything different to report in my '13 GT500 DIB ordered 3/20/12?
Thanks,
Jim
Will you please PM me, 440sprint?

Originally Posted by Myfins1
I finally picked her up Tuesday night.
Deysha, thank you kindly for all that you do for us here. I still want to know what office I need to send my appreciation to. Can you PM me that so I can send an appropriate letter of appreciation to your supervisors. And yourself!
Better pictures will come in the next several days. I am off again on Tues and Weds.
Niiiice!!! Congrats again!!!

Originally Posted by fasrnu
Left a PM for Deysha this morning - weekly check - hoping for good news.
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 7/2/12, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Well, it’s on the move. I hope it gets there soon! Deysha
Thank You Deysha, Yes I am hoping it gets there soon. It would suck if it got there Wednesday because I would not be able to take her home. NY state does not give temporary paper plates + the dealer even though open will not have the NY State inspection capabilities on that day as well. So I am hoping for today or tomorrow.. Again hoping does not make it happen unfortunately. But you have been great during this process!!
Old 7/2/12, 12:19 PM
V6 Member

Hi Deysha, is there anything different to report in my '13 Mustang V6?
Thanks
Sent you a PM too.
Old 7/2/12, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
The plant is closed this week, but shipping does not stop.
does that mean there is no scheduling this week
Old 7/2/12, 02:13 PM

Hope you guys fair better than I, vehicle was delivered to the dealership on Sunday when no one was around. When they inspected the car they found it to have been driven at the factory for 34 miles then someone, who is anyone's guess, drove the car until it reached 73 miles when they tried to deliver it to me. This is the last of the VIN number D5236058
I have waited a very long time for this vehicle to be delivered and am now refusing delivery and Ford indicates they will replace the car. Not sure I want to wait an additional three months to get another one.. Talk about disappointment!
Old 7/2/12, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Okbeartoy
Hope you guys fair better than I, vehicle was delivered to the dealership on Sunday when no one was around. When they inspected the car they found it to have been driven at the factory for 34 miles then someone, who is anyone's guess, drove the car until it reached 73 miles when they tried to deliver it to me. This is the last of the VIN number D5236058
I have waited a very long time for this vehicle to be delivered and am now refusing delivery and Ford indicates they will replace the car. Not sure I want to wait an additional three months to get another one.. Talk about disappointment!
I asked about this sort of thing with Ford Customer service on the phone. I asked if QA puts extra miles on the car. (they pick 1 out of 50 for QA) I was told when they hold for QA they do not put extra miles on it. I am waiting on mine this week and I too would refuse if it had extra miles. I ordered a Brand new car and it better have less than 15 miles on it!!
Old 7/2/12, 03:26 PM

I wasn't concerned about the 34 miles that Ford had put on the car.. The other miles are what concern me.. I have been told they will order me another car with a very low priority so that I would get it sooner than later.. My big question is will it happen again? And who used the car before it was delivered? If it was at the dealership that it occured someone will be out of work, but they are indicating that it was someone that was transporting the vehicle.. I have been waiting since late March already, just not sure if I want to reorder at this point.

If Ford does a quality check they put a sticker on the window indicating how many miles it was driven, I see these stickers often when looking at cars.

Last edited by Okbeartoy; 7/2/12 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added information
Old 7/2/12, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know if they still do this, but when I picked up my 83 GT, it had an auxiliary sticker on the window that said the car was used for quality control testing and there was a credit on the sticker for each of the 42 miles.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread