Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/12, 04:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Thanks Deysha, your the best. I am still stuck thinking about summer retools for new bodies back in the muscle car days(old ones), lol.
Will this lead to a better paint job or is it cost savings??
I wonder about this also, the word I got was that none of the 2013 Mustangs would get the new paint 3-wet process and would be painted with the old base coat/clear coat process. It doesn't look lie the new paint process will go on-line until they roll out the 2013 Fusions in Mar or Apr.

As far as weither the new process will deliver a better paint job, only time will tell.

Cost savings - Yes for Ford, I don't know if the savings will be passed on to the end user. It may be a while before they recover the expenses related to the upgrade.

Please correct any misinformation found.
Old 11/3/12, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the new paint process it's something pioneered by Mazda. Spoke to a buddy that just got a new mazda painted with this process and he said the paint is like glass, no orange peel at all. It it's supped to yield a superior finish and be more environmentally friendly as it involves water based paints.
Not likely any coast savings would be passed onto the consumers. Ford is a profitable business not a charity.
Old 11/3/12, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
I believe the new paint process it's something pioneered by Mazda. Spoke to a buddy that just got a new Mazda painted with this process and he said the paint is like glass, no orange peel at all. It it's supped to yield a superior finish and be more environmentally friendly as it involves water based paints.
Not likely any coast savings would be passed onto the consumers. Ford is a profitable business not a charity.
Ford has been using this process for a few years, they use a solvent based paint for their process. They found that it was more environmentally friendly than the water based system.

A GREENER SHADE OF PAINT
Old 11/3/12, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Snoopy49

Ford has been using this process for a few years, they use a solvent based paint for their process. They found that it was more environmentally friendly than the water based system.

A GREENER SHADE OF PAINT
I stand corrected Snoopy. Interesting writeup.

Do we know if any of the orders being built at the end of Nov after the plant reopens will get this process?
Old 11/3/12, 10:31 PM

Finally a home in the garage. Let the fun begin.

Name:  IMG_20121102_144937_920.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  47.7 KB
Old 11/3/12, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Superhawk2002
Now, that's a new one. I've never heard someone say, "finally in the garage, let the fun begin!"HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11/3/12, 11:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Old 11/4/12, 10:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Do we know if any of the orders being built at the end of Nov after the plant reopens will get this process?
I have been trying to get an answer to that question since I found out about the retooling. I have been told that none of the 2013 Mustangs will be painted with the new process, but that generates another question, is the paint shop being upgraded during the shutdown and if it is, how are the cars produced after the upgrade going to be painted? Will the new and improved paint shop be capable of painting cars with the old process?
I keep hoping that someone who actually works at the Flat Rock plant will step forward and answer a few questions and clear up some of the misconceptions and rumors.
Old 11/4/12, 11:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking relaxed in her new home!

Mine is at the Rail Yard (end of the line) waiting to be picked up by a truck and is about 20 minutes away from me... Sadly, it still needs to make its way to the dealership... SO close now...
Old 11/4/12, 06:30 PM

Despite the hurricane and lack of electricity in my area, I picked up my car on Friday from Jeff (05fordgt). Many thanks to him and Deysha for making the process simple. Here's a pic from when I picked her up at the dealer! I can't believe the difference in overall feel coming from my 01 camaro.

Old 11/4/12, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Midol_AXP
Despite the hurricane and lack of electricity in my area, I picked up my car on Friday from Jeff (05fordgt). Many thanks to him and Deysha for making the process simple. Here's a pic from when I picked her up at the dealer! I can't believe the difference in overall feel coming from my 01 camaro.
Stone interior? Very nice!
Old 11/4/12, 06:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats Midol_AXP! You must really be enjoying the new pony.

I ordered the same day and it was built a day before yours. However, mine is still at Flat Rock waiting to be board a train someday.
Old 11/4/12, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats! I will be picking mine up this week!
Old 11/4/12, 06:44 PM
MOTM Committee Member

dead sexy
Old 11/4/12, 06:56 PM

Here comes trouble

Dealer called me today. My prize arrived and sitting in his show room with a new coat of wax. Now all I have to do is fly across the country to pick it up and then drive alllllll the way back across the country. If I had the time I would probably take some victory laps.

Thanks Deysha for all your help. It definitely kept me sane through the process. Thanks to everyone on here for all the insight and helpful hints. I will be sticking around on the forum as long as I can to keep learning from all you hardcore enthusiasts.

F2Redpot
Old 11/4/12, 11:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Congrats Midol_AXP! You must really be enjoying the new pony.

I ordered the same day and it was built a day before yours. However, mine is still at Flat Rock waiting to be board a train someday.
haha dont even complain
From ur order date to ur built date is only a month
I ordered mine 2 months ago, and it is to be built on Nov 28th
Old 11/5/12, 06:14 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Thanks Deysha, your the best. I am still stuck thinking about summer retools for new bodies back in the muscle car days(old ones), lol.

Will this lead to a better paint job or is it cost savings??
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
I wonder about this also, the word I got was that none of the 2013 Mustangs would get the new paint 3-wet process and would be painted with the old base coat/clear coat process. It doesn't look lie the new paint process will go on-line until they roll out the 2013 Fusions in Mar or Apr.
No problem, 1992chpb4c. We are upgrading the plant’s paint shop with an environmentally friendly 3-Wet paint process. The 3-Wet process, which Ford is rolling out across more than 15 assembly plants globally, allows three layers of paint to be applied one after another while still wet, with less manual intervention, resulting in a superior product created with fewer pollutants and less expense. This said, I say both, guys. Now, from the article, the process will be implemented as soon as the plant reopens.

Gorgeous!! Congrats again.

Congrats, Midol_AXP. She’s beautiful!

Originally Posted by f2redpot
Dealer called me today. My prize arrived and sitting in his show room with a new coat of wax. Now all I have to do is fly across the country to pick it up and then drive alllllll the way back across the country. If I had the time I would probably take some victory laps.

Thanks Deysha for all your help. It definitely kept me sane through the process. Thanks to everyone on here for all the insight and helpful hints. I will be sticking around on the forum as long as I can to keep learning from all you hardcore enthusiasts.
You’re very welcome, f2redpot. Congrats!

Deysha
Old 11/5/12, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats to all the new owners.. Like the slogan for men's warehouse.. "Your gunna love how you feel!!"
Old 11/5/12, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks great Midol. great combo
Old 11/5/12, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

No problem, 1992chpb4c. We are upgrading the plant’s paint shop with an environmentally friendly 3-Wet paint process. The 3-Wet process, which Ford is rolling out across more than 15 assembly plants globally, allows three layers of paint to be applied one after another while still wet, with less manual intervention, resulting in a superior product created with fewer pollutants and less expense. This said, I say both, guys. Now, from the article, the process will be implemented as soon as the plant reopens.

Deysha
Thanks for clarifying this Deysha. Is the plant offline now?

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread