2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/12, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the official word from FordCustomerService was ETA at my dealership on Nov. 13, so you can imagine my astonishment when I got a call from my dealer today (Ruh-roh, this gotta be bad news) saying that it has arrived! I guess you know what I will be doing tomorrow-- after I vote. Word to all you folks still awaiting delivery: ETA can be sooner, as well as later! Good luck!
Old 11/5/12, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Well, the official word from FordCustomerService was ETA at my dealership on Nov. 13, so you can imagine my astonishment when I got a call from my dealer today (Ruh-roh, this gotta be bad news) saying that it has arrived! I guess you know what I will be doing tomorrow-- after I vote. Word to all you folks still awaiting delivery: ETA can be sooner, as well as later! Good luck!
I like to hear this!!! My ETA is Nov 14th....maybe I'll luck out and get a call tomorrow!
Old 11/5/12, 09:31 PM
Cobra Member

That's how mine was too! First it was the 8th, then the 15th, then the 7th, and it arrived today on the 5th!
Old 11/5/12, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Some light at the end of the tunnel
Old 11/6/12, 07:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Thanks for clearing that up.
You’re welcome, Snoppy49.

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Mine just showed up at my Dealership!
Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to go pick it up till Wednesday... *sigh*
SO close now!
Nice!! Congrats, Iceknyght.

Originally Posted by Masterminter
Hello Deysha,
Sent you a PM. Any new news is good news!
Thank you
Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
Hey Deysha, I sent you a couple PMs regarding my order. More importantly, please review the latest one and let me know what you find out. Thank you!
Thanks! I’ll get back to you shortly, guys.

Woo hoo!! Congrats, Mickstang.

Originally Posted by LilBit
I like to hear this!!! My ETA is Nov 14th....maybe I'll luck out and get a call tomorrow!
Not yet, LilBit.

Deysha
Old 11/6/12, 10:11 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
Mine fiiiiinally came in !

I'm pis.......d off because one of the hood strip has bubbles and not sticking, and look at the side stripe on the passenger door...

Now the dealer will re-order some stripes, but it culd take 2-3 weeks

You guys won't believe how dissapointed I was about this thing !

FORD QUALITY ?????

MAN that really sucks, I can't believe they handed that to the customer.
That's breaching the purchase contract, because by law it is not what you paid for.

On a personal note tho, I wouldn't mind if my stripes are a little missed up as I plan to take them off anyways. I think the black stang looks better without the stripes.

But yeah I feel your pain and hopefully it gets resolved soon.
Old 11/6/12, 02:31 PM
Cobra Member

My dealer is killing me, called just for kicks He told me he got a fax from ford today or yesterday saying my car would be there around November 26th for sure; funny thing is my window sticker has a blend date of 2012-12-03?? Anyone else had similar discrepancies?
Old 11/6/12, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I just sent my info that Deysha supplied to my salesman for kicks. I'm curious if they come back with info saying it will be earlier. Might be tough as it is not supposed to be built until Nov 27.
Old 11/6/12, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
Mine fiiiiinally came in !

I'm pis.......d off because one of the hood strip has bubbles and not sticking, and look at the side stripe on the passenger door...

Now the dealer will re-order some stripes, but it culd take 2-3 weeks

You guys won't believe how dissapointed I was about this thing !

FORD QUALITY ?????
Congrats on delivery of your car Dineau. Pretty upsetting after waiting so long for the car. I agree it could have been a pressure washer. I hand wash that area of my car. The good news is that it is basically cosmetic and the dealer can fix it for you. The bad news is your time without the car. Ask for compensation. The least they can do is free oil changes. I would ask for two years worth and see if they agree on one.
Old 11/7/12, 06:19 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by steven46746
My dealer is killing me, called just for kicks He told me he got a fax from ford today or yesterday saying my car would be there around November 26th for sure; funny thing is my window sticker has a blend date of 2012-12-03?? Anyone else had similar discrepancies?
That’s odd. Your ETA is 12/17/12, steven46746.

Deysha
Old 11/7/12, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
That’s odd. Your ETA is 12/17/12, steven46746.

Deysha
Yeah i don't know how my dealer can be so in the dark, I mentioned the plant shutdown and they havent heard anything of that nature.
Old 11/7/12, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WAL
Hey Deysha,

Not only did my car arrive at my dealership today, but I took delivery late this afternoon!!! They did the mechanical PDI, but I asked them to leave the "wrappings" on and skip the wash. Tomorrow I'll be unwrapping, washing and waxing. Here are a few snapshots I took at the dealership.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8730973...oto_8126640221

I'll post a couple of more photos once I'm finished cleaning the car up.

It's hard to believe that I ordered my car on 4/16/12. What an experience!!! Thanks for all your help. The information and guidance you provided helped alleviate a lot of anxiety.

WAL
She is perfect.

I feel for all of you that are waiting so very long for your cars. I think I was one of the rarities that actually stalked their car for four days while it just sat in the distribution lot. I finally made my salesman go get it, so I got my car with 54 miles instead of two.

There is nothing quite like owning a Mustang.v There are millions out there, and since the customer base is so big we can modify them to our liking any way we want it.v that's what I love about this car. 4000 miles on mine now, and I've fully made it unique and mine.

Enjoy the ride, but enjoy it parked too. This is a kind of car that you can look outside your front window and just fall in love again and again as it sits in your driveway.

It may be a little easier for me. Who can't love a Grabber Blue / White Striped Convertible?

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 11/7/12 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11/7/12, 02:52 PM
Cobra Member

Definitely worth the wait... Even though (luckily) I didn't have to wait as long as some others on here...

Just picked my car up this morning from the dealership! Let the fun begin...

Old 11/7/12, 03:33 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Definitely worth the wait... Even though (luckily) I didn't have to wait as long as some others on here...

nice!
Old 11/7/12, 03:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
nice!
Thanks!
Old 11/7/12, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Iceknyght, I just drooled about a quart all over my keyboard looking at the pic of your interior. Now that is car **** at its best! Congratulations; may it perform as well as it looks... world class.
Old 11/7/12, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

Iceknyght, I just drooled about a quart all over my keyboard looking at the pic of your interior. Now that is car **** at its best! Congratulations; may it perform as well as it looks... world class.
Thanks! This is my 3rd Mustang with red interior, I love it! And having driven about 130 miles today in the car, it really is an amazing vehicle!
Old 11/7/12, 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=Iceknyght;6485147]Definitely worth the wait... Even though (luckily) I didn't have to wait as long as some others on here...

Wow, love those red seats.
Old 11/7/12, 10:11 PM
Cobra Member

[quote=gregc;6485534]

Wow, love those red seats.
Thanks! I love 'em! They really pop against the black!
Old 11/7/12, 10:13 PM

Mine has an ETA of Dec 11, 2012. But I have to wait till the end of December to pick it up. I have to demob first from this deployment.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread