Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/12, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Man, I WISH I could afford a Cobra! I had a white '06 GT, so this time I am going for black! Still a Vert though...
Black Mustangs are great... I should know!

Old 10/22/12, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It'll be my first black car... I am kind of nervous! I was just tired of EVERYTHING showing on the white... Paint ships, dirt, bugs, etc... Other than that, it was great! LOL!
Old 10/22/12, 07:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It'll be my first black car... I am kind of nervous! I was just tired of EVERYTHING showing on the white... Paint ships, dirt, bugs, etc... Other than that, it was great! LOL!
Good luck man! It's brutal. Mine's a garage queen and to look at the stone chips and swirls makes me sick. It's a lot of work. But when its clean and perfect nothing looks better.
Old 10/22/12, 08:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I love my black Mustang, black Jeep & black F150! Black is the best color ever. It is also the hardest color to keep clean.
Old 10/22/12, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Good luck man! It's brutal. Mine's a garage queen and to look at the stone chips and swirls makes me sick. It's a lot of work. But when its clean and perfect nothing looks better.
Mine will be a garage queen as well... It's the "fun" car! So I am hoping I can stay up on keeping it clean and covered... Challenge accepted!

I love my black Mustang, black Jeep & black F150! Black is the best color ever. It is also the hardest color to keep clean.
Black looks killer, no doubt! I *really* wanted the grey though, but Ford in their infinite wisdom decided that grey exterior with the red interior is not a good combo, cause it's not available (yet the dark blue with the red is... )... And I LOVE the red interior...
Old 10/22/12, 08:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
You're tired of everything showing on white, so you got black?
Old 10/22/12, 08:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
You're tired of everything showing on white, so you got black?
As far as paint chips, yeah... On white, when the paint chips, you see the grey bumper underneath or the aluminum from the hood that stands out like a mother f'er! And the dirt, in the hard to reach places, end up looking dingy (like the rocker panel creases)... Black may show dirt more, but I can deal with that!
Old 10/22/12, 08:41 PM
Post *****

As far as paint chips, yeah... On white, when the paint chips, you see the grey bumper underneath or the aluminum from the hood that stands out like a mother f'er! And the dirt, in the hard to reach places, end up looking dingy (like the rocker panel creases)... Black may show dirt more, but I can deal with that!
Sorry man. I see the paint chips just as bad.
Old 10/22/12, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Even with the dark on dark? I just figured they wouldn't stand out as much...

Oh well, the black will still look pretty sick... And since it won't get driven much, I am not too worried about it overall...
Old 10/22/12, 08:59 PM
Post *****

Even with the dark on dark? I just figured they wouldn't stand out as much...

Oh well, the black will still look pretty sick... And since it won't get driven much, I am not too worried about it overall...
It will be beautiful. Just didn't want you to be disappointed later. The aluminum is lighter that the black so it shows as a white spot really. And one thing I've heard which is probably not true is that the black paint finish is thinner. Probably not an ounce of truth to it.

I've got two black cars. And have owned lots of them. My wife told me never to buy her another non black car ever. It's just something you live with. But as a garage queen it will be much easier.
Old 10/22/12, 09:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Sorry man. I see the paint chips just as bad.
This. My escape is white with gray lower cladding. It gets dirty too, but not HALF as much as my dad's black escape. His is a 2006 with 60k miles - mine is a 2005 with 95k miles. You'd think the mileage was switched. I just clayed/glazed/sealed and waxed his and it helped, but unfortunately years of not taking care of the black paint has taken its toll. The damage was done. But if you're going to garage queen it, you should be fine. Start out taking care of the car and its finish will last. But yes, rock chips show up 100x worse on black than on white. Trust me.
Old 10/22/12, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

It will be beautiful. Just didn't want you to be disappointed later. The aluminum is lighter that the black so it shows as a white spot really. And one thing I've heard which is probably not true is that the black paint finish is thinner. Probably not an ounce of truth to it.

I've got two black cars. And have owned lots of them. My wife told me never to buy her another non black car ever. It's just something you live with. But as a garage queen it will be much easier.
Sweet! I know it will be a chore to keep clean, but I do think it'll be worth it! And I know all the colors will show something when chipped, so I am not under any dillusions that black would be perfect, but I hoped it would be better than the white... Sounds like it may be the same! Grass is always greener... LOL!
Old 10/22/12, 09:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
This. My escape is white with gray lower cladding. It gets dirty too, but not HALF as much as my dad's black escape. His is a 2006 with 60k miles - mine is a 2005 with 95k miles. You'd think the mileage was switched. I just clayed/glazed/sealed and waxed his and it helped, but unfortunately years of not taking care of the black paint has taken its toll. The damage was done. But if you're going to garage queen it, you should be fine. Start out taking care of the car and its finish will last. But yes, rock chips show up 100x worse on black than on white. Trust me.
Yep, all my cars get polished up and my '06 I just sold looked practically brand new (except for a few chips that I had touched up), even though it had 40k miles on it... I am definitely a believer of preventative maintenance! Polish and seal it up every year, and the less likely you'll have problems down the road!
Old 10/22/12, 09:19 PM
Post *****

Let me put it this way...

If I didn't already own a black Mustang my next Mustang would have been black.

I can't imagine my life without a black Mustang.
Old 10/22/12, 09:22 PM
Cobra Member

Let me put it this way...

If I didn't already own a black Mustang my next Mustang would have been black.

I can't imagine my life without a black Mustang.
Good to hear!

My car gets built on Wednesday... And am still 3 weeks(ish) out... But man, I can't wait...
Old 10/23/12, 06:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by first-one
Hi Deysha, my pestering will soon end!!! Sent a PM. Thanks as always....
Yours is on the move, first-one. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by Craiger
Thats so good to hear! Time to bug my dealer
Just a few more days, Craiger!

Originally Posted by Phillie82
Hey Deysha I sent you a new PM... thanks!
Originally Posted by absolut123
Hi Deysha,
sent u a pm
thanks
Thanks, guys! I’ll get back to you soon.

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Hello Deysha. Didn't send you a PM. This picture is for you though. Hope all your days are like this!
AMAZING!! Thanks, UOP Shadow.

Originally Posted by Dineau
Hi Deysha, Andy update for me ?
No, Dineau.

Deysha
Old 10/23/12, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car has arrived in Toronto! Just one more truck ride to the dealer and I can go pick it up!
Old 10/23/12, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Deysha, please look at the PM I sent you.

Thanks,
Old 10/23/12, 11:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

I hope mine is built by now. I ordered it way back on Oct. 2nd
Old 10/23/12, 11:10 AM
WAL

Deysha,

Thanks for the update.

WAL

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread