Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/12, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT_S197,

Make sure your dealer will accept the X-Plan, not all dealers accept the plan.
Old 11/15/12, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
GT_S197,

Make sure your dealer will accept the X-Plan, not all dealers accept the plan.
Lol after waiting this long, I'm sure you'll have some leverage to use it
Old 11/15/12, 04:06 PM

Looks like a 2013 V6 Premium convertible I ordered on October 1 will be coming in soon. Got VIN number on November 2 and tentative delivery to local dealership is week of November 19th.
Specs are Candy Apple Red Metallic, stone grey convertible top, stone leather seats, silver tape stripe, pony premium package, comfort package, convertible boot, remote starter, rear view camera, automatic transmission, all weather mats. Dealer gave me a good deal at close to dealer invoice so I also added in a 7 yr/100k Ford ESP to keep it in good shape (we once blew an engine on a '92 crown vic and Ford ESP paid for itself many times over). Plus the dealership is near my office so I can get minor repairs done while I'm at work.
Intended as a year-round commuter vehicle to replace a '98 crown vic that's ready for the junkyard(cracked frame, rusted out underbody, etc.), and let's be real...also for fun.
Will probably get studded snow tires and snow blades for the pony car when it comes in
Realize the V6 doesn't have as much horsepower under the hood as the V8 engines on the GT or the Cobra but it's more than enough for my needs for mostly back-road driving. Think it has more horsepower than the v8 on my mom's 1966 hardtop mustang. Plus it's easier on my budget, it will use less gas than the crown vic, and the insurance quote I got this week from my broker was very reasonable. Will be good to have a real convertible top in good weather....way better than the sunroof on my current ride.
Old 11/15/12, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1320nut
Hi Deysha,

Sent you a PM this morning for updated ETA. Thank so much for all your help!
Did you get your new ETA?
Old 11/15/12, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks like my eta has now slipped another week to Dec 10th. Hasn't even snowed here yet and things are already slipping. LOL
Old 11/15/12, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

My GT500 shipped! Dealer called me today and said shipped with CSX and should be here for my thanksgiving dinner!!
Old 11/16/12, 01:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by steven46746
$50 bucks for 1 year membership, well worth it to save $2500+
Wondering if you could provide a link for Mustang Club Of America ? Thanks ! Scott
Old 11/16/12, 04:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Mustang Club Of America
Old 11/16/12, 05:13 AM
Bullitt Member

x plan

Thanks for the link for the Mustang Club of America. Reading the fourms it looks like you have to be a member for 60 days+ to take advantage of X plan pricing. Does anyone here know if there's any truth to that ? I think I'll still join, it looks like a cool club. And if I do have to wait 60 days for X plan I could use it on the new F 150 I'll be buying in 9 months. Thanks for any input ! Scott
Old 11/16/12, 06:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Masterminter
My GT500 shipped! Dealer called me today and said shipped with CSX and should be here for my thanksgiving dinner!!
Just ask your salesperson to look-up and provide you with the rail car number, so you can track your stang on the CSX Rail System yourself by phone, using CSX TouchTrace.
Old 11/16/12, 06:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by sgallison
Thanks for the link for the Mustang Club of America. Reading the fourms it looks like you have to be a member for 60 days+ to take advantage of X plan pricing. Does anyone here know if there's any truth to that ? I think I'll still join, it looks like a cool club. And if I do have to wait 60 days for X plan I could use it on the new F 150 I'll be buying in 9 months. Thanks for any input ! Scott
From experience I'd say that's not true that you have to wait 60 days, and I've bought two stangs on x-plan as a MCA member. It could be that the rules have recently changed, but I doubt it.
Old 11/16/12, 07:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by sgallison
No all your dealer needs is your pin number you get after applying for the x-plan, I used mine literally the next day after signing up. Plus you'll get your membership card well before the car arrives.
Old 11/16/12, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaBoss
From experience I'd say that's not true that you have to wait 60 days, and I've bought two stangs on x-plan as a MCA member. It could be that the rules have recently changed, but I doubt it.
Originally Posted by steven46746
No all your dealer needs is your pin number you get after applying for the x-plan, I used mine literally the next day after signing up. Plus you'll get your membership card well before the car arrives.
Thanks guys , I just got my PIN & printed it out. It does say right on the Ford form you must be an MCA member for 60 days, hopefully my dealer won't care. BUT you never know, mine's scheduled to be built 12-10, I might not even have the car 60 days from now !! Scott
Old 11/16/12, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

A plan

Oh yea, I remember when I used to get A plan............now that was a DISCOUNT !! Scott
Old 11/16/12, 08:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
Thanks Deysha
You’re welcome!

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Hello Deysha. Ford sent me a survey about my opinions of my "buying experience." I was glad to give them feedback in hopes that my lousy experience can initiate changes so others don't have to suffer the same terrible customer service from the 2 dealerships I went through to order our car.
I hope you don't mind but I was very happy to let them know what a great job you have been doing and what an invaluable asset you are to FoMoCo.
Thanks again for what you do and the very enjoyable way in which you do it.
Here's yet one more pic of our car to say thanks. And BTW, the pizza offer will remain open indefintely in case you're ever out west!
Awwwwe!! Thanks, UOP Shadow!

Originally Posted by Photonut
Deysha,
Thanks for the recent information about my GT500 build! Very excited.
I sent you an additional question via PM, not sure if you can help me with it, when you get a chance. Thanks again!
-Photonut
Originally Posted by bssmu
Hi Deysha,
Just sent you a PM checking about my Boss 302 order. Thanks!
Originally Posted by LilBit
Hi Deysha/Andrea, i sent a pm, since today was he eta. Hoping for maybe some vehicle movement.
Thanks, guys! I sent you some responses yesterday.

Originally Posted by GT_S197
I am so jealous of you guys that have received your cars in 2-3 months. I placed my order on 8/16 for a GT with Brembos/Recaros and was told 11/16 estimated delivery. Yesterday my dealer said my car is scheduled to be built 1/7/13!!! Is this because of the shutdown of the plant or laziness/dishonesty on the part of my dealer?
Yes, most of it does, GT_S197.

Originally Posted by GT_S197
I think you guys are right, my dealer simply lied to me and did not have any more allocation slots for the year, hence the January build date. I assume allocations reset at the beginning of every calendar year.
If I cancel my order and start over with another dealer (assuming I can find one with allocations this late in the year), it will likely take just as long to get my car.
If you re-order, you won’t be able to get a 2013 since the order banks have closed. Also, 2014s won’t go into production until the middle or end of the first quarter of next year.

Originally Posted by GadgetKen
Looks like a 2013 V6 Premium convertible I ordered on October 1 will be coming in soon. Got VIN number on November 2 and tentative delivery to local dealership is week of November 19th.
Congrats on your new order and welcome, GadgetKen! We can help you track your order. Just PM me with your VIN so we can help.

Originally Posted by Masterminter
Let’s see where it is, Masterminter…

Deysha
Old 11/19/12, 08:47 AM

Thank you for the update. Just waiting for to get here is torture.
Old 11/19/12, 10:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LilBit
Thank you for the update. Just waiting for to get here is torture.
Hi Lilbit,

No problem. Keep in touch and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Waiting is the hardest part!
Andrea
Old 11/19/12, 05:07 PM

couldn't be happier

Picked up my Shelby in Tennesse and drove it home to California.

Thanks Deysha for all the help along the way!!
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread-img_0057.jpg  
Old 11/19/12, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by f2redpot
Picked up my Shelby in Tennesse and drove it home to California.

Thanks Deysha for all the help along the way!!
Car looks great f2redpot. Congrats
Old 11/19/12, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
Car looks great f2redpot. Congrats
+1, That is an amazing looking Shelby. Congrats on getting your car.

Mine has been built since 10/26/12 and hasn't shipped yet. I'm hoping it'll at least ship by X-mas

Quick Reply: 2013 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread