Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/12, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t
Originally Posted by erouch
I didn't get either of those. I don't think i need all that. I am not going to go to any track. I might time myself on some old straight country road here in Indiana with the track apps. That sounds fun. Really I just want to cruise around and see the sunshine through my glass roof on my beautiful wife and hear my sons in the back seat say go fast daddy. So hurry up and build my car Ford.Happy Valentines day!
YEAAAAA Glass Roof! Wouldn't buy a car without it man. My Scion tC had a smaller version of it that actually opened which was nice but the mechanics of it made the car very top heavy (100+ lbs). Love the size of the glass roof in the stang and at only 28 lbs im fine with it being stationary.
Old 2/14/12, 04:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
Where'd you order your car? I just ordered mine this past Saturday from Ray Skillman down in Greenwood...
I got mine at Andy Mohr Ford since i have a connection there. I live on the south side so ray skillman is closer and they have tons of mustangs. I almost went there on my break today to sit in one of them in the show room just to kill time. How did they do on your price? I think Andy Mohr did a good job for me.

Last edited by erouch; 2/14/12 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2/14/12, 04:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I got mine at Andy Mohr Ford since i have a connection there. I live on the south side so ray skillman is closer and they have tons of mustangs. I almost went there on my break today to sit in one of them in the show room just to kill time.
Cool, I probably should have went up to Tom Wood in the Keystone area cuz it's so much closer to me, but Skillman does a ton of Roush's and I had originally wanted to supercharge her. Congrats on your order btw!
Old 2/14/12, 04:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
t

YEAAAAA Glass Roof! Wouldn't buy a car without it man. My Scion tC had a smaller version of it that actually opened which was nice but the mechanics of it made the car very top heavy (100+ lbs). Love the size of the glass roof in the stang and at only 28 lbs im fine with it being stationary.
For a while I thought I'd drop the glass roof and go with the electronics package (it was one or the other), but I'm 6'4'' so I could use the little bit of extra clearance... plus it looks pretty sweet!!
Old 2/14/12, 05:05 PM
GT Member

Cool, I probably should have went up to Tom Wood in the Keystone area cuz it's so much closer to me, but Skillman does a ton of Roush's and I had originally wanted to supercharge her. Congrats on your order btw!
Yes i think they sell more Roushs than any other dealership. The Roush's look and perform awesome but too expensive for me. I wonder if they will do much of a change on the 2013 Roush? I bet those will look real good.
Old 2/14/12, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes i think they sell more Roushs than any other dealership. The Roush's look and perform awesome but too expensive for me. I wonder if they will do much of a change on the 2013 Roush? I bet those will look real good.
Yeah, I'm sure they will look pretty sweet!! I can't afford one either lol

One of the guys at the dealership told me that Roush is planning on releasing some of the parts for the '13 with pictures right around the time of delivery for the first build... I don't know how much truth there is to this, but it would be nice to have early options. They're supposed to float me some pictures when they get an update from Roush. I'll make sure to share them when I get them...
Old 2/14/12, 05:11 PM
GT Member

For a while I thought I'd drop the glass roof and go with the electronics package (it was one or the other), but I'm 6'4'' so I could use the little bit of extra clearance... plus it looks pretty sweet!!
Do tall guys like mustangs? I am 6'4" also. I didn't fit very well in a new camaro i test drove. So the glass roof will certainly help and i think it will feel very open. My wifes only request was i either get a glass roof or it better have a snake on it.

Last edited by erouch; 2/14/12 at 05:16 PM.
Old 2/14/12, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Do tall guys like mustangs? I am 6'4" also. I didn't fit very well in a new camaro i test drove. So the glass roof will certainly help and i think it will feel very open. My wifes only request was i either get a glass roof or it better have a snake on it.
I'm tall and thin, and I sat in a '12 GT500 with the recaros and glass roof and it was really comfortable. I had the same problem in the camaro I test drove last spring, just felt like there was only one option for me with the seat - all the way down and back.
Old 2/14/12, 05:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I had the same problem in the camaro I test drove last spring, just felt like there was only one option for me with the seat - all the way down and back.
But if you're short, you need a periscope to see out the doors and rear glass of the camaro.

I don't see the need for a glass roof on a gt500, but were I to go with a gt, I would definitely consider it.
Old 2/14/12, 05:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
But if you're short, you need a periscope to see out the doors and rear glass of the camaro.

I don't see the need for a glass roof on a gt500, but were I to go with a gt, I would definitely consider it.
I really wanted a Camaro for about 6 months but after about 6 minutes inside of one i knew that it was not for me at all. The inside of that thing was like a coffin. I can't really figure out why i don't like the challenger? I just don't like it for some reason. I guess its to big? I don't know. I didn't like the interior of the challenger either. The dash and all the electronics just for some reason didn't appeal to me. I think i test drove a mustang and then test drove a challenger and it just wasn't the same.
Old 2/14/12, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I really wanted a Camaro for about 6 months but after about 6 minutes inside of one i knew that it was not for me at all. The inside of that thing was like a coffin. I can't really figure out why i don't like the challenger? I just don't like it for some reason. I guess its to big? I don't know. I didn't like the interior of the challenger either. The dash and all the electronics just for some reason didn't appeal to me. I think i test drove a mustang and then test drove a challenger and it just wasn't the same.
Same here. Before doing any test drives I thought I definitely wanted a Camaro. 2 min into the test drive, and I knew I would never buy it. After that I started looking at mustangs, and test drove one for the exact opposite effect.
Old 2/14/12, 07:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same here, b4 i bought my '10 was thinking about the camaro first, until i sat in one
actually liked the cruse better. but will never buy a FWD car again, can't stand them
no matter how much hp one may have, they're like driving a shopping cart, no fun at all.. love steering with my back wheels too much
Old 2/14/12, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
t

I really want a glass roof on mine but when I was talking to the salesman at the dealership he said they don't handle the texas heat very well.... the salesman said it adds about 10-15 degrees in the summer.

Any forum members in the south that can speak to that claim? For that big of a difference I don't think it would be worth it but I kinda want one anyways. If the difference isn't that big I may spring for it anyways.
Old 2/14/12, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jagowar
I really want a glass roof on mine but when I was talking to the salesman at the dealership he said they don't handle the texas heat very well.... the salesman said it adds about 10-15 degrees in the summer.

Any forum members in the south that can speak to that claim? For that big of a difference I don't think it would be worth it but I kinda want one anyways. If the difference isn't that big I may spring for it anyways.
it does have a shade you can close..
Old 2/14/12, 08:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I like the technology that's under the hood and on the suspension. Very advanced stuff. But I feel like the rest of the car is just so cheaply made. I'm not short, but I'm not tall either (6ft) and I felt like I was sitting in a car made for a 7ft tall person. The outside just...honestly, it looks like a bunch of flashy plastic. The rest of the car, the interior, feels the same. Very disappointing overall. Though I would imagine that if they improved the interior it would likely raise the price of the vehicle above what it is. The mustang is no Ferrari on the inside either, but the car *feels* better. It feels more solid, it feels more substantive. Frankly, to me the exterior design looks horrid. One thing I can say about the s197 body is that it still looks good on an '05. In five years, that camaro is going to look 20 years old.
Old 2/14/12, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jagowar

Ehhhh i think that salesman may have exaggerated a little bit with the 10-15 degrees scare. Im pretty sure i read a 1-2 degree max.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...f-heat-485778/
Old 2/14/12, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I just ordered mine with glass roof, i am so happy!
: )
Old 2/15/12, 05:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by airoscar
Nice. What else?
Old 2/15/12, 06:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
The GT/CS lower front fascia with fog lamps that you're referring to was only available from the factory on the GT/CS model. Ford's website showed it as an available accessory for standard GTs, but you had to order it from the parts counter and install after-the-fact as it was not available as a factory installed item. Also, Ford's website listed an MSRP for the kit, but that didn't include installation charges. I personally believe that Ford's website should have been much clearer that accessories are dealer installed.
Thank you sir! Very good information!
Old 2/15/12, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by airoscar
V6 Premium
MCA package
Leather Seats
Glassroof
3.31 axle

went with X-plan pricing minus another 1500 (500 being leather seats discount, 1000 being the incentive Ford has right now towards options)

in the end, it's just under $35G with tax. Not a good deal compared with what you can get in the states, but there is not much I can do living in Calgary. I even looked into buying in the states but apparently Ford won't honor the warrenty...

I'm pretty excited, i've always wanted a mustang with glass roof. : D

Hey guys, i have one question though, in the purchase agreement I signed with the dealer, a bunch detailed options are not listed:

For example, it listed "M18 IUP/Leather Discount" but did not list leather seats option on there; and it has "59G Glassroof" listed on there but not the "912 Shaker Audio". But as far as i know, Ford needs the leather seat option on there in order to have the leather discount, and you have to have the shaker audio to get the glassroof, according to the order guide.

The salesman says it's not a problem, because all those things are indeed listed in the vehicle order confirmation. But he did not submit it while i was there, he said he would submit it this morning.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Oscar

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists