Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/12, 10:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by askjeffro
DORA says order date I think is 1/10/11 . The dealer I'm working with is out of state and taking care of it. He told me its expected at the end of March, but I have no real insight on its progress.

Not sure how to exactly read that. Maybe build state is 2/27?
Originally Posted by going for broke
I would say that build is 3/19 or the week of..
Hey guys, the date on the print-out above show a schedule date week of 2.27. The 3.19 date is the ETA to dealer.
Old 2/9/12, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Jeff, thanks for the clarification. Does that mean its begins production sometime the week of the 27th or on actually the 27th? Obviously the actual start date is inconsequential, just interested in learning. Thanks for your help.
Old 2/9/12, 11:01 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
You will need the performance pack in order to get the track pack. You can add the performance pack without having the track pack, however you cannot only add the track pack.

the car is as follows, if it makes sense:

Shelby GT500, Base
Shelby GT500, Performance Pack
Shelby GT500, Performance Pack + Track Pack
I wonder if FRPP will make the three coolers in the Track Pack available in the aftermarket separately. I'd like to get the base Shelby and install the coolers
later if possible. Maybe. Still haven't decided.
Old 2/9/12, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I wonder if FRPP will make the three coolers in the Track Pack available in the aftermarket separately. I'd like to get the base Shelby and install the coolers
later if possible. Maybe. Still haven't decided.
I think it will be a hassle. You will need to replace many parts on the engine, the oil-to-water brick needs to be replaced by a thermostatic housing, the hose nipples need to be exchanged for threaded plumbing fittings to connect with an air-to-oil heat exchanger mounted in the front of the car, behind the grille, diffrential covers, brackets, radiators, etc... I would get it from factory. The cost of these parts from FRPP and the labor in itself is not worth it IMHO.

Last edited by Sky Hye; 2/9/12 at 11:57 AM.
Old 2/9/12, 11:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Does that mean its begins production sometime the week of the 27th or on actually the 27th? Obviously the actual start date is inconsequential, just interested in learning. Thanks for your help.
week of the 27th.. could be any day
Old 2/9/12, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool, that's what I figured. Thanks.
Old 2/9/12, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

How accurate are the dates they quote to the dealer. My Boss is scheduled to be built the week of 3/5 and to the dealer 3/19. Seems like a short time to build a car, load it on a train ship it to wherever, etc etc etc
Old 2/9/12, 12:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
How accurate are the dates they quote to the dealer. My Boss is scheduled to be built the week of 3/5 and to the dealer 3/19. Seems like a short time to build a car, load it on a train ship it to wherever, etc etc etc
build week is usually accurate.. ETA could be more or less
Old 2/9/12, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
I sure hope they arrive that soon but I really don't know how. The 2012s were taking 6 to 8 weeks to reach the dealer once the order was placed. My concern is if I place an order now, will it reach me before I go out of state from the end of April to the end of May. I'd hate for it to arrive while I'm gone and they decide to sell it to someone else thinking I don't want it now. Decisions decisions I also talked to my salesman back in December and told him to call me the minute the price guide came in and guess what, haven't heard squit from him yet. I guess I should say my ex salesman.
Old 2/9/12, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im assuming those of you that have your cars scheduled had them ordered from dealer as a stock unit?? Only explanation since ford can't give the "ok to build" on retail units when they haven't even started building stock units..
Old 2/9/12, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dan M.
I sure hope they arrive that soon but I really don't know how. The 2012s were taking 6 to 8 weeks to reach the dealer once the order was placed. My concern is if I place an order now, will it reach me before I go out of state from the end of April to the end of May. I'd hate for it to arrive while I'm gone and they decide to sell it to someone else thinking I don't want it now. Decisions decisions I also talked to my salesman back in December and told him to call me the minute the price guide came in and guess what, haven't heard squit from him yet. I guess I should say my ex salesman.
Sorry to hear about your dealer not responding bud. If I order a car for someone and it comes in while they are out of town, its still their car as I will know ahead of time if they will be out of town. So I have to have it sit a few weeks, no big deal for me. If you order one now, I still wouldn't expect the cars to stop up until early April.

I still think the cars are going to be held for quality control before they release them. The "OK to buy" has not been given to the dealers yet as far as I know.
Old 2/9/12, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Im assuming those of you that have your cars scheduled had them ordered from dealer as a stock unit?? Only explanation since ford can't give the "ok to build" on retail units when they haven't even started building stock units..
From what I can see, the only retail orders so far getting built are Boss 302s. They build them in bunches and the Q1 orders were required pretty quickly a few weeks ago, so Ford can get things started.
Old 2/9/12, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey jeff i dont know if you saw my question earlier but if I got the DORA this past tuesday how long does it usually take to get the VIN and the first dates.
Old 2/9/12, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I went to the dealer to see which cars they already had on order for the 1st 1/4, then I chose one. Since the Bosses are allocated, I checked to see which one they had on order 1st and when it was scheduled and put my deposit on it(luckily it was the color I wanted). They didnt have any other deposits yet. If they didnt have any scheduled for 1st 1/4, I was going to go with a GT instead.
Old 2/9/12, 01:15 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Question for Jeff, Bri, or Deysha, when can I expect to get a VIN and some dates for
production if my car was ordered and acknowledged tuesday?
I figured Deysha was very busy so i called FCS and they told me my car is at the "unschd/clean" stage (unit isn't scheduled (no VIN, no date, no guarantee to build), but is a buildable order once allocation and commodities allow.)
It can take a couple of weeks for your vehicle to schedule, ThrustangFiveO. The orders are scheduled based on the following criteria: -the priority code rating
-the dealer's allocation for each production week
-the ordered option content
-the receipt date

The receipt date is a factor when breaking ties for orders with the same priority code. I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by pa93cobra
Thank you very much!!
You're welcome, pa93cobra!

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 2/14/12 at 02:41 PM.
Old 2/9/12, 01:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey jeff i dont know if you saw my question earlier but if I got the DORA this past tuesday how long does it usually take to get the VIN and the first dates.
Depends on if the dealer has allocation this early. Most places don't have allocation this early for retails. The only retail cars being scheduled for early build are Boss 302s as Q1 car orders needed to be in pretty quickly a few weeks ago. You may get the VIN in a few weeks, but don't be surprised if the VIN isn't issued until closer to March.
Old 2/9/12, 01:58 PM
Cobra R Member

apparently UltraKla$$ic's order got pulled & it's a retail GT..

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Got a start build date on mine for 03/05/12!!!!!!! AND Igot the $1000 Customer rebate!!!!!!

Thanks!!!1
Old 2/9/12, 03:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cinque35
I know, its weird. Don't know why they would schedule a retail this early.
Old 2/9/12, 04:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
Bummer, no 3.73 gears for him.
Old 2/9/12, 05:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Bummer, no 3.73 gears for him.
3.55 is ok... it's almost = to an automatic with a 3.15

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists