Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/12, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates this morning. I'm down at the Philadelphia Auto Show dealer preview. I checked for the guide when I got here & saw no prices yet. I do have something nice to list though. We got the SBY Laguna Sec at our show.
Very nice!! I'm hoping I get to see the GHIG Boss 302 tomorrow at the Harrisburg Auto Show!
Old 1/27/12, 10:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates this morning. I'm down at the Philadelphia Auto Show dealer preview. I checked for the guide when I got here & saw no prices yet. I do have something nice to list though. We got the SBY Laguna Sec at our show.
That sure is purty
Old 1/27/12, 12:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Forkmachine
Here's a question since I don't really know how it works. If a stock order is scheduled, is that when the VIN is released?

If that is the case, I was just thinking if one of the cars Five Oh Brian or 05fordgt ordered for stock orders gets scheduled sooner than the price list is released, wouldn't they still be able to view the price for that particular car by looking up the window sticker?
When a car's ordered get "pulled" and "submitted to the plant," there isn't always a VIN immediately. It may be the following week before a VIN is assigned. The window sticker is not visible until the car is actually "bucked" and near/on the assembly line, which is several weeks after the VIN is first visible. So, that means it'll likely be late February or early March before any window stickers are visible. Pricing should be released well before then (first week of February is still our best guess).
Old 1/27/12, 12:06 PM

I couldn't help but notice that Ford has announced rebates for some of the '13 models already (i.e. Taurus, Edge, Explorer, Flex, and Mustang). '13 Mustang V6 & GT get a $1,000 rebate or low interest rates (1.9/2.9/3.9% for 3/4/5 years, respectively) to start the model year here in the NW.
Old 1/27/12, 12:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Boy...if SB Yellow were available on the Shelby, my color deliberations would be over. Such a beautiful, beautiful color.
Old 1/27/12, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I couldn't help but notice that Ford has announced rebates for some of the '13 models already (i.e. Taurus, Edge, Explorer, Flex, and Mustang). '13 Mustang V6 & GT get a $1,000 rebate or low interest rates (1.9/2.9/3.9% for 3/4/5 years, respectively) to start the model year here in the NW.
I ran the incentive for Pennsylvania and it is the same here for the GT and V6.
Old 1/27/12, 12:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
That SBY Boss.............Stunning, just stunning
Old 1/27/12, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice! Ill take the $1000 and finance through BoA for a 2.75%.
Old 1/27/12, 12:44 PM
Cobra Member

I have 2 sets of fingers on each hand, legs, toes, arms and eyes crossed that they will offer Incentives for the Shelby

On a side note Brian, I know this was discussed before but forgive me, I forgot. I recieved calls from 2 dealers this week. One said that shelbys this year are limited and will be allocated based on lottery, another said that every dealer gets at least 1. I remember Jeff posting a memo from fors talking about nation and what not. I just dont remember it nor could I find it whilst searching through 30 odd pages in 2 threads. Can you please refresh my memory on the subject?
Old 1/27/12, 12:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Type 2 (stock order) will probablly get built/shipped sooner. However, if you ordered 3.55 or 3.73 gears, those options are only available to type 1 (retail order).

The 'okay to buy' for each vehicle line is different. It is usually a few weeks after production starts to ensure that any problems with the cars only affect stock units sitting unsold at the factory and on dealer lots. Once Ford is confident that production is going well and that cars are the highest quality, then the 'okay to buy' is issued and retail orders can be scheduled. My guess is that '13 Mustangs will get the 'okay to buy' in mid March, so the first retail orders won't get built until April and start arriving in late April or early May. There will be stock orders on dealer lots by mid April, IMHO, a couple of weeks ahead of the first retail orders.
I remember when the 11's came out the early builds sat outside the factory for several weeks & cars that were built later were arriving at dealers first.
so it wasn't necessarily faster to be built first.. was that usual or do you think that could happen again?
Old 1/27/12, 12:57 PM
GT Member

i remember when i got my 2010 from jeff it actually came in before the dealers car(got my car mid april) and 2010 was a bigger refresh then the 13. Im crossing my fingers the same happens again.
Old 1/27/12, 01:01 PM
GT Member

is this something we should talk to our dealer about so we can lock it in? And is there an expiration listed? Thanks!
Old 1/27/12, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
I recieved calls from 2 dealers this week. One said that shelbys this year are limited and will be allocated based on lottery, another said that every dealer gets at least 1. I remember Jeff posting a memo from fors talking about nation and what not. I just dont remember it nor could I find it whilst searching through 30 odd pages in 2 threads. Can you please refresh my memory on the subject?
While this was released for the Boss, I was told this will be the same for 2013 Shelby.

To:All Ford Dealers Subject:EFC00903DC 2013 Boss 302 Dealer Allocation Last year we proved what a Mustang could do on a track and the Boss 302 is back for more, paying homage to the 1970 Boss that made it famous.

It is our hope that this allocation strategy will support your efforts in providing customers with a clear understanding of new and exciting best in class product.

METHODS FOR EARNING ALLOCATION
All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2013 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

SHARE OF NATION

•Approximately 75% of the 2013 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation
•Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through October would be the Top 792 Mustang dealers selling 21 or more for the time period
•12 months of sales (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of November
•Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302
LOTTERY

•Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation
•Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011)
•Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery
•No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery
Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.
Old 1/27/12, 02:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyyPunk
is this something we should talk to our dealer about so we can lock it in? And is there an expiration listed? Thanks!
Yeah, more info, please! If true, I could order as soon as available.
Old 1/27/12, 05:40 PM

Type 2 (stock order) will probablly get built/shipped sooner. However, if you ordered 3.55 or 3.73 gears, those options are only available to type 1 (retail order).

The 'okay to buy' for each vehicle line is different. It is usually a few weeks after production starts to ensure that any problems with the cars only affect stock units sitting unsold at the factory and on dealer lots. Once Ford is confident that production is going well and that cars are the highest quality, then the 'okay to buy' is issued and retail orders can be scheduled. My guess is that '13 Mustangs will get the 'okay to buy' in mid March, so the first retail orders won't get built until April and start arriving in late April or early May. There will be stock orders on dealer lots by mid April, IMHO, a couple of weeks ahead of the first retail orders.
I've never ordered a new car from the factory before so the discussion on this subject has been very helpful. I think I understand how Ford will build a number of cars for dealer stock before starting to fill retail orders. My questions is.....once they do start to fill retail orders how do they determine which order to fill first? Is it first in first out based on order date and time or is there some other method?

Just trying to figure out if the line is getting longer every day I wait to make my decision on whether to buy a '13 or a '12. I want to wait until I get a chance to see the '13s in real life at the Chicago Auto show in two weeks.

Thanks
Old 1/27/12, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by indy50
Just trying to figure out if the line is getting longer every day I wait to make my decision on whether to buy a '13 or a '12. I want to wait until I get a chance to see the '13s in real life at the Chicago Auto show in two weeks.
Can't say I know that much about the process myself, but order-taking just started, pricing isn't available yet and production won't start until the end of Feburary, so I wouldn't worry too much about your place in line just yet. And from the stories I've read, I don't think it is first in, first out. Probably has alot to do with the options selected. You'll be picking from a sparse stock of 12s or used though if you wait any longer and they're not taking any more 12 orders.
Old 1/27/12, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Got any more pictures? I can't even express how much I want that color on a GT...
Old 1/27/12, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by SkyyPunk

When you place a special order the incentives available at the time of order are locked in. Current incentives are due to run through 4.02.12.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 1/27/12 at 09:15 PM.
Old 1/27/12, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by indy50

I've never ordered a new car from the factory before so the discussion on this subject has been very helpful. I think I understand how Ford will build a number of cars for dealer stock before starting to fill retail orders. My questions is.....once they do start to fill retail orders how do they determine which order to fill first? Is it first in first out based on order date and time or is there some other method?

Thanks
It isn't really a first in first out method for retail orders. It is more about regional allocation so you are competing against customers at other stores in the region, which is outside of your dealer's direct control. Convoluted and confusing - even for those of us in the biz. Also, certain colors and equipment constraints can slow down orders, so you are at the mercy of vendors to supply Ford.
Old 1/27/12, 09:28 PM
GT Member

When you place a special order the incentives available at the time of order are locked in. Current incentives are due to run through 4.02.12.
Can you still lock it in if you already have an order? I ordered on Jan 5th

And thanks for the details!

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists