2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/12, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jeff, do they schedule on Fridays? Would it be possible if my order changed sometime after 11am yesterday? I need something, anything.
Old 3/24/12, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

Just got my VIN and a build week of April 9th
Old 3/24/12, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Hey Jeff, do they schedule on Fridays? Would it be possible if my order changed sometime after 11am yesterday? I need something, anything.
I'm with you there, all I want to know is some kind of time frame.
Old 3/24/12, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kobrag
I'm with you there, all I want to know is some kind of time frame.
My understanding from talking to Jeff and my dealer is Thursday night the system updates and schedules. So I am going to make my changes Monday and should have some numbers Friday.
Old 3/24/12, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Von Bek
All this makes me glad I'm waiting a few months to order mine. Never got the urge to be First!. Don't really get it either. Give it a few, and the bugs get worked out, stress free. (realtively anyway, lol)
For me its not about "got to have it first" but I need a car now, lol. Tired of driving old Mullet mobiles, lol...
Old 3/24/12, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Wonder if your glass roof is holding it up???? Dont know why since that was an option this year...
Old 3/24/12, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c

Wonder if your glass roof is holding it up???? Dont know why since that was an option this year...
I thought so too till today. LostGeographer ordered the track pack and glass roof and got a VIN and build date. I believe he ordered later than me too. There seems to be no logical reason.
Old 3/24/12, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

I thought so too till today. LostGeographer ordered the track pack and glass roof and got a VIN and build date. I believe he ordered later than me too. There seems to be no logical reason.
Man, your dealer must have screwed something up maybe??
Old 3/24/12, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c

Man, your dealer must have screwed something up maybe??
I called the sales manager and he says the order looks perfectly good with the highest priority. FoMoCo says the same.

Well see, if nothing changes by next friday then i might consider canceling and looking at a different car and different car company altogether. Theres a very nice metallic gray E92 BMW M3 with 18kmi for sale down in Poughkeepsie that i could pick up today if i wanted too.

Last edited by ThrustangFiveO; 3/24/12 at 11:31 AM.
Old 3/24/12, 11:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The VIN numbers are assigned on Thursday night and sent to the dealer 1st thing Friday morning. They won't be late for any reason. If the VIN isn't there by 8 am, it won't be there at all until the next week.

Brian, give it time. With the commodities report showing that they started scheduling TP cars this past week, its all based on regional availibility. If you really want to cancel, that's up to you. But I'd give it a two more weeks tops. If you don't have a VIN number by the 6th of April, then go ahead and cancel. But I think they will be scheduling more this coming week. Just wait and see.

PLus, I'll have a new CR on Monday or Tuesday, so I can see what may be different.
Old 3/24/12, 11:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
The VIN numbers are assigned on Thursday night and sent to the dealer 1st thing Friday morning. They won't be late for any reason. If the VIN isn't there by 8 am, it won't be there at all until the next week.
Normally, Jeff, that is 100% correct. But, I noticed this week that we had no '13 Mustang orders pulled at all and I checked several times yesterday including last night. Then, this morning, I checked again and there were 2 '13 Mustang orders magically showing as submitted on 3.22. And, it wasn't just Mustangs, it was all models that had a delayed appearance this week.
Old 3/24/12, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Brian, give it time. With the commodities report showing that they started scheduling TP cars this past week, its all based on regional availibility. If you really want to cancel, that's up to you. But I'd give it a two more weeks tops. If you don't have a VIN number by the 6th of April, then go ahead and cancel. But I think they will be scheduling more this coming week. Just wait and see.

PLus, I'll have a new CR on Monday or Tuesday, so I can see what may be different.
Thanks Jeff, i appreciate all the help. I wish you were my salesman. The fact is, Im not gonna wait till June to receive my Mustang. Thats just unacceptable. I feel Im gonna get boned like some of these 2012 guys and their horror stories. I just got a hefty promotion at my job last wednesday. I wanna celebrate by cruising the countryside in a 400+hp sports car with my girlfriend on these beautiful spring afternoons. Not puting down the highway in 117kmi hunk of japanese $#!+. You know what I mean man. The fact is, I might be ready to increase what Im willing to spend on a car now and this meaningless delay has really dampened my love affair with the 13 Mustang and Ford. Especially when people who ordered after me are getting info. Some may say its too early to consider canceling but c'mon, look how long it took Togan to get his 12... Has he even took delivery yet? Unreal. Whats to say it wont happen here. I appreciate the help fellas, y'all are the best group of forum members I've had the pleasure of chatting with but if i hear nothing by friday I'm bailing.
Old 3/24/12, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

All this makes me glad I'm waiting a few months to order mine. Never got the urge to be First!. Don't really get it either. Give it a few, and the bugs get worked out, stress free. (realtively anyway, lol)
I don't have to be first but my 12 gt was totaled in December so I've been stangless for over 3 months. I just miss driving a performance car.
Old 3/24/12, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, not interested in first either; just want to get into a GT. Its been a 40-year wait for me, so yeah Im a little anxious. Inquiring about a 30k-40k order occasionally isnt obsessive. Its just plain smart.
Old 3/24/12, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
Yeah, not interested in first either; just want to get into a GT. Its been a 40-year wait for me, so yeah Im a little anxious. Inquiring about a 30k-40k order occasionally isnt obsessive. Its just plain smart.
Whoa!! It is a world of difference. Drove my buddies 66 fastback with a Ford racing engine and it just felt slow sluggish and sloppy. not that it's bad, I had no expectations of it being a super car. I hopped back into my mustang and the difference was unimaginable. Not taking away from his car, it's amazing in its own. (especially the functioning gills which were vents)
Old 3/24/12, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Wink

this is like the 3rd model year since the 2011 models where the major drivetrain update took place, they already worked out most bugs, i think they are at a point where they are refining the most subtle little things, such as reducing vibration in door panel due to the loudness of shaker speakers.

I think there is a good chance the 2015 model year mustang styling won't be as retro as this one (and 2014 probably will be exactly the same as 2013), so im getting the 2013 : )

Thanks Jeff, i appreciate all the help. I wish you were my salesman. The fact is, Im not gonna wait till June to receive my Mustang. Thats just unacceptable. I feel Im gonna get boned like some of these 2012 guys and their horror stories. I just got a hefty promotion at my job last wednesday. I wanna celebrate by cruising the countryside in a 400+hp sports car with my girlfriend on these beautiful spring afternoons. Not puting down the highway in 117kmi hunk of japanese $#!+. You know what I mean man. The fact is, I might be ready to increase what Im willing to spend on a car now and this meaningless delay has really dampened my love affair with the 13 Mustang and Ford. Especially when people who ordered after me are getting info. Some may say its too early to consider canceling but c'mon, look how long it took Togan to get his 12... Has he even took delivery yet? Unreal. Whats to say it wont happen here. I appreciate the help fellas, y'all are the best group of forum members I've had the pleasure of chatting with but if i hear nothing by friday I'm bailing.
My order was submitted on Feb 15, the salesguy pretty much told me straight up i'll be looking at June or maybe May.
But seeing so many of you guys getting Vin and build date and even delivery, i'm hoping to get my car sometime in May.

And I haven't got a VIN either, i think my location plays a part in it (things always come a bit late in Canada). Although my last PM with Deysha, she said my order would schedule last week and asked me to check with her again on Friday the 23rd, she hasnt got back to me yet, but i'm hoping to get a VIN this week.

Patience is a virtue, i kept telling myself...

meanwhile i'm gonna kill sometime looking at the dancing banana:
Old 3/24/12, 12:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye

Whoa!! It is a world of difference. Drove my buddies 66 fastback with a Ford racing engine and it just felt slow sluggish and sloppy. not that it's bad, I had no expectations of it being a super car. I hopped back into my mustang and the difference was unimaginable. Not taking away from his car, it's amazing in its own. (especially the functioning gills which were vents)
Owned a '71 Nova & a '67 Chevelle back in HS days so I know exactly what you mean. Been driving 05-07 V6s for 7 years so been easing in for awhile now, but this'll be twice the horsepower. Drool.
Old 3/24/12, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
Owned a '71 Nova & a '67 Chevelle back in HS days so I know exactly what you mean. Been driving 05-07 V6s for 7 years so been easing in for awhile now, but this'll be twice the horsepower. Drool.

Oh ok thats good! You have to get someone you trust to take you for a spin. I knew my car was fast but didn't really feel it till that se buddy took me for a ***** out spin in my car. Gives you more appreciation for it hehe
Old 3/24/12, 01:00 PM
GT Member

The fact is, Im not gonna wait till June to receive my Mustang. Thats just unacceptable. I feel Im gonna get boned like some of these 2012 guys and their horror stories.The fact is, I might be ready to increase what Im willing to spend on a car now and this meaningless delay has really dampened my love affair with the 13 Mustang and Ford. Especially when people who ordered after me are getting info. Some may say its too early to consider canceling but c'mon, look how long it took Togan to get his 12... Has he even took delivery yet? Unreal. Whats to say it wont happen here.
Im with you on this one. It isnt so much that there is a delay, its the "unknown" factor when everyone keeps saying, wait a week, next week, Im sure we will see it Monday, etc. Im in a situation where I am being transferred to another base in June and the hassle involved in waiting past that, potentially moving, then having to have the car sent here, etc is giving me too much stress. If I didnt have this impending move hanging over me I would just chill and wait, but even IF it gets scheduled Friday, could be another month MINIMUM before I see it, or longer if it gets held up and youre right, there seems to be no ryhme or reason as to who gets theirs. I actually cut the track pack from my order, went with the brembos and 3.55 diff. The hassle over oil coolers isnt worth the wait. Yes I know, Friday they will schedule, but I ordered it in Feb, here it is April with no date. There really are other options so if Ford doesnt get it scheduled I may also just find somewhere else to put my money.
Old 3/24/12, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh, I don't mean bugs out of the car, I mean bugs in the order/delivery stuff. Like the problems with the Track Pack. That kind of stuff usually happens right at the beginning.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists