Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/12, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
June is unacceptable to me for a couple reasons. The major being that I have a series of weekend trips planned for the end of May/early June and I need a reliable car to make it to my destinations. My Sentra has not been the most dependable car with its most recent disaster being a transmission explosion. It was horrible and even though its fixed now i have a feeling something else is about to go, most notably, the front left ball joint :/. My girlfriends 03 Civic Ex with (80k) has been burning a quart of oil every 2 weeks. Yes, i said 03 Civic with 80k burning oil. Unbelievable. Its also overheating quite often as it consumes coolant. Most definitely a head gasket failure. Needless to say Japanese cars hate me. So if i don't have a reliable car to take these long trips then Ill have to bum a car off 1 of our parents. Just like Kobrag I feel like a douchebag borrowing someones car.
Rental car or borrowing a car seems like a perfectly acceptable way to get reliable transportation. Having a new Mustang GT is an emotional experience, hence why I didn't understand if the goal is to have the enjoyment of that vehicle that a totally different car would be chosen instead.

The other reason is because of that promotion I got. I can up my spending limit on a car now and considering all the amazing sport luxury cars in the region, I dont have to wait for this mustang anymore. But the truth is, im still obsessed with 13 GT. I have my laundry list of tweaks i want to make to it and Im so emotionally invested at this point that it will be very difficult for me to bail now. Doesn't mean i wont do it but i don't really want to.
The emotional investment will be worth the wait. I just saw a 2013 GT coupe in deep impact blue with the optional 19" wheels that looked great in person. Every day you get in that car, you will not regret your purchase.

Things should be much clearer by friday.
Hopefully it will. I definitely understand the frustration of not knowing. You have ordered a desirable option combination. It's worth the wait. In my many years of car buying, the ups and downs of passionate ownership can be a challenge. Good luck!
Old 3/26/12, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Rental car or borrowing a car seems like a perfectly acceptable way to get reliable transportation.

Hopefully it will. I definitely understand the frustration of not knowing. You have ordered a desirable option combination.
I rent a lot of cars for my military trips and it seems to me that would get uber expensive relatively quickly, but I could be mistaken.

I dont think the wait is because everyone ordered this desirable option (track pack)....from what I have been told Ford had to build all the BOSS's the first quarter of the year so they didnt have the BOSS parts to put in for the track packs...Commodities show they have the parts, but still most of us didnt get a build date last week, only maybe 2?
Old 3/26/12, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Whats the exact car you ordered including options? Im trying to make sense of why we've been pushed back another week.
I order a black premium gt manual with reacors and track pack
Old 3/26/12, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fridaze
from what I have been told Ford had to build all the BOSS's the first quarter of the year so they didnt have the BOSS parts to put in for the track packs...Commodities show they have the parts, but still most of us didnt get a build date last week, only maybe 2?
I ordered by Boss in mid February and I still don't have a schedule date or VIN so I don't think the Boss builds are holding up the track packs.

Visited the dealer this weekend and I was told the Boss order was on hold with no reason why.

I guess it happens when it happens...
Old 3/26/12, 10:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I rent a lot of cars for my military trips and it seems to me that would get uber expensive relatively quickly, but I could be mistaken.
It could be certainly in your situation.

I dont think the wait is because everyone ordered this desirable option (track pack)....from what I have been told Ford had to build all the BOSS's the first quarter of the year so they didnt have the BOSS parts to put in for the track packs...Commodities show they have the parts, but still most of us didnt get a build date last week, only maybe 2?
Unclear phraseology on my part - by desirable I meant "something special to you" on the GT. I have seen the discussion surrounding the parts going first to the Boss production. Hopefully all you track pack people will be set soon. Best of luck!!
Old 3/26/12, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TOGAN
Pony projection mirrors are only available in V6 and GT Premium USA order guide, in Canadian one its not even mentioned
On another thread someone from Canada already received their new stang. And he confirmed it did have them.

The CDN trim already has all the comfort group stuff included.
But they should at least mentioned it in the guide. Probably forgot.
Old 3/26/12, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
What a lot of us don't realize is that as hard as it is to wait it out, if you want the exact car you ordered your at the mercy of the factory. If you chose to pluck a car off of the lot that will be much quicker if you can sacrifice an option or two. Please do keep in mind though that for the most part the cars that are now sitting on lots were ordered back in December.
I had my car scheduled about a week and a half ago. It's supposed to build next week and be to me the week after (4-8). So it's really not taking long once it's built. I had ordered my car on 1-4.
Last year I ordered my 12 in the middle of march and didn't receive it til June 8th so they seem to be progressing much quicker this year then last.

Bottom line, if you can't wait, don't.

One other thing, I pmed deysha about 2 weeks ago and she updated me with my vin and scheduled date a week ago Friday, and then she updated me again last friday with the build and eta date...wait for it.... All without me pm'ing her even once after the initial pm. Thanks to deysha for all her work.

I truly hope you guys can wait to get your cars because nothing is as cool as ordering one from the factory exactly how you want it. Good luck.
I agree. Well put man. I can wait for sure
Old 3/26/12, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Deysha, any news on what is going on with the Bosses?? Are they still in Michigan or on trains by now?
Old 3/26/12, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Unclear phraseology on my part - by desirable I meant "something special to you" on the GT. I have seen the discussion surrounding the parts going first to the Boss production. Hopefully all you track pack people will be set soon. Best of luck!!
Oh ok yes that makes sense. What I really wanted was the brembos and a rear diff change. The track pack had that and additional cooler goodies for around $350, I dont think I could do those two things that cheap. However, it wasnt make or break for me, especially since I can get the two major components seperately in other packages.
Old 3/26/12, 03:26 PM

There hasn't been anything at all yet on my retail ordered Boss.
Old 3/26/12, 04:41 PM

Hey Deysha, any update on my order? I sent you a PM last week.
Old 3/26/12, 07:49 PM
V6 Member

I just saw my new DIB Mustang on Alcatraz running the streets of San Francisco.
Old 3/26/12, 08:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by smiley
I just saw my new DIB Mustang on Alcatraz running the streets of San Francisco.
It might have a few scratches

Old 3/26/12, 10:34 PM

Hi all: I'm new to the forum. Thanks to everyone who's posted; I've learned more about the 2013 'stang here than anyplace else (including the dealerships I've visited, but from what I've read that's not unusual). I'm ready to order a 2013 (Sterling Gray Metallic, glass roof, track pack, pedestal spoiler, electronics package -- a little begrudgingly on that last one but I know I'll regret it if I skip it) but I have one question before I do. Without a 2013 brochure, I'm having a hard time determining the interior color/trim options for my combination. I had planned to order the 401A package for the upgraded trim (with "color accented seats"), but what I really want is the Charcoal Black Leather with Lava Red Inserts (just like what's pictured on page 19 of the 2012 brochure above "V6 Premium") but I remember reading that, although that was an option in 2012, it may not be for 2013.

So my question is basically this: What exactly are the interior color/trim options for a GT Premium Coupe in SGM, both with and without the 401A package? I couldn't figure it out from the order guide either... Please feel free to direct me to an accurate resource for the info.

Thanks!
Old 3/26/12, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin
Hi all: I'm new to the forum. Thanks to everyone who's posted; I've learned more about the 2013 'stang here than anyplace else (including the dealerships I've visited, but from what I've read that's not unusual). I'm ready to order a 2013 (Sterling Gray Metallic, glass roof, track pack, pedestal spoiler, electronics package -- a little begrudgingly on that last one but I know I'll regret it if I skip it) but I have one question before I do. Without a 2013 brochure, I'm having a hard time determining the interior color/trim options for my combination. I had planned to order the 401A package for the upgraded trim (with "color accented seats"), but what I really want is the Charcoal Black Leather with Lava Red Inserts (just like what's pictured on page 19 of the 2012 brochure above "V6 Premium") but I remember reading that, although that was an option in 2012, it may not be for 2013.

So my question is basically this: What exactly are the interior color/trim options for a GT Premium Coupe in SGM, both with and without the 401A package? I couldn't figure it out from the order guide either... Please feel free to direct me to an accurate resource for the info.

Thanks!
Have you tried the build and price section on the www.ford.com site?
Old 3/26/12, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Have you tried the build and price section on the www.ford.com site?
The last time I tried I had some browser issues that kept me from completing the process, but I'll give it a go again; thanks!
Old 3/26/12, 11:11 PM

Okay; what had me confused was the term "accent" on the 2013 Ordering Guide compared with the 2012 Brochure. If I understand correctly, for a non-Recaro, non-C/S GT Premium I can get 400A with monochromatic leather or 401A with "racing stripes" (as pictured in the 2012 brochure). In other words, there are no more colored "inserts" (the entire cushion surface between the side bolsters) available as pictured in the 2012 brochure -- just the "racing stripe". And in Charcoal Black Leather the only options are Grabber Blue and Cashmere for the racing stripe. Is that correct?

I think I was relying on the 2012 brochure too much, but I wasn't expecting the options with SGM and 401A to be so limiting. Any further feedback is certainly appreciated; thanks!

Last edited by Fred_Garvin; 3/26/12 at 11:12 PM.
Old 3/27/12, 01:02 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks!
Welcome Fred!
Old 3/27/12, 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks!
Congrats and welcome! Very similar to what i ordered. I ordered 2 monthes ago and have heard nothing. Wouldnt be surprised if you get a VIN and build date before me too.
Old 3/27/12, 05:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats and welcome! Very similar to what i ordered. I ordered 2 monthes ago and have heard nothing. Wouldnt be surprised if you get a VIN and build date before me too.
If you don't want to wait, why not check local dealer allocation and just buy one off of the lot? If you were willing to change your order, maybe you can compromise on a few options and have it in 2-3 weeks? I know there is a Track Pack car here in the KC area...I am sure there will be one close to you.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists