Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/12, 12:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kboxvegas
I really hope the track pack gt's are not going to be delayed until May. If so I am going to cancel my order. Between the massive bs cluster with the local dealership clowns, order delay, and loss of the private cash I really don't think Ford deserves my business. I might just start looking for a used Nissan gtr. Plus it would be nice to have a car that's not only worth 40% after 3 years.
Here, I'll give you the link so you can get off the forums faster
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...=2102&zc=11001
Old 3/18/12, 02:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dogiebitt
Here, I'll give you the link so you can get off the forums faster
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...=2102&zc=11001
Haha nice! I'm with you man. Tired of all the negativity going on around here lately. I go on here daily to read things and get excited but lately I walk away feeling meh.. I loved my 2012 SO MUCH. It was totaled in December and I was pretty depressed for a while. I have been so excited about the 2013s and have been anxiously awaiting mine. I was a little bummed about the delays and it gets to be hard waiting sometimes, especially when my previous one was so violently torn away from me, but I know it's worth it and I will have to tough it out. My dealer has been amazing and patient with me. That have also been very great to me with their updates. I am grateful and I agree, treating them well only works in my favor. Negativity will only evoke instinct and make it bad for everyone.

The 2013's are a newish car and anyone who has been in the auto or manufacturing industry will understand delays and that things just come up especially when the product has had some big changes.

I hope we can turn the mood around here try to make this a happy and exciting place to be.
Old 3/18/12, 02:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Haha nice! I'm with you man. Tired of all the negativity going on around here lately. I go on here daily to read things and get excited but lately I walk away feeling meh.. I loved my 2012 SO MUCH. It was totaled in December and I was pretty depressed for a while. I have been so excited about the 2013s and have been anxiously awaiting mine. I was a little bummed about the delays and it gets to be hard waiting sometimes, especially when my previous one was so violently torn away from me, but I know it's worth it and I will have to tough it out. My dealer has been amazing and patient with me. That have also been very great to me with their updates. I am grateful and I agree, treating them well only works in my favor. Negativity will only evoke instinct and make it bad for everyone.

The 2013's are a newish car and anyone who has been in the auto or manufacturing industry will understand delays and that things just come up especially when the product has had some big changes.

I hope we can turn the mood around here try to make this a happy and exciting place to be.
Agreed. I found this forum when first hearing about the 2013's being announced soon. Had been thinking of trading in for a while, and the time was just right in late December/early January where I almost ordered. Hell, I think I have more posts on these forums than on the Eclipse ones I visit. Then the situation at my job took a massive U-turn. So now I gotta wait for more info to be released on that to make my decision on the Mustang. I don't wanna be stuck with a payment and without a job
They started announcing early hints of the changes in November 2011, and it looked good at that point. Now as more details come out, I have to fear for my job at a company that's been around since 1901...
Lol just googling for info on the changes I came across a camaro5 forum topic.

Hopefully everything turns out ok and I have a Stang in my garage within 6 months.
Old 3/18/12, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO

Im having a bad week and this delay in my order hasnt helped. My bad for coming of as a ****. Your situation sucks, sorry that happened. I appreciate the help man. I need sleep dont mind me...
It's all good. There will be a lot of people upset with how things go when there are kinks in the road. I can tell you one thing though, last year when the delays had everyone down as the cars started rolling into the dealers not one person came back into the thread saying they weren't happy with their car. Even myself who had the issues I did was happy to have my car. (would of liked for the paint to be perfect but hey it will work itself out.)

Sometimes all of the info we can get from the Internet and does customer service seems detrimental when things aren't progressing as we'd like. Back when I was younger, you'd order a car and basically wait for the dealer to tell you to come and get it. The way we get info nowadays is a kind of a double edged sword, when the Infos good were stoked and when it's not we're bummed. Keep your head up and it'll all work out. Another thing you can do is start looking for a stock unit at another dealer that mirrors the car you ordered. Maybe you could get it even quicker if you ca dealer trade for it.
Old 3/18/12, 08:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope the track pack gt's are not going to be delayed until May. If so I am going to cancel my order. Between the massive bs cluster with the local dealership clowns, order delay, and loss of the private cash I really don't think Ford deserves my business. I might just start looking for a used Nissan gtr. Plus it would be nice to have a car that's not only worth 40% after 3 years.
40%? i'm getting 73% of what i paid for my '10 on the trade-in, and that doesn't include the tax saving..
Old 3/18/12, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
40%? i'm getting 73% of what i paid for my '10 on the trade-in, and that doesn't include the tax saving..
And yet another major reason why Im buying a 2013 Ford Mustang GT. They hold their value incredibly well. Piece of mind.

Last edited by ThrustangFiveO; 3/18/12 at 08:29 AM.
Old 3/18/12, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
And yet another major reason why Im buying a 2013 Ford Mustang GT. They hold their value incredibly well. Piece of mind.
Seriously....

Bought my 2008 GT/CS in Jan 2008 for $26500 after rebates. Sold it in December 2011 for $22000. These cars hold their value VERY well.
Old 3/18/12, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
It's all good. There will be a lot of people upset with how things go when there are kinks in the road. I can tell you one thing though, last year when the delays had everyone down as the cars started rolling into the dealers not one person came back into the thread saying they weren't happy with their car. Even myself who had the issues I did was happy to have my car. (would of liked for the paint to be perfect but hey it will work itself out.)

Sometimes all of the info we can get from the Internet and does customer service seems detrimental when things aren't progressing as we'd like. Back when I was younger, you'd order a car and basically wait for the dealer to tell you to come and get it. The way we get info nowadays is a kind of a double edged sword, when the Infos good were stoked and when it's not we're bummed. Keep your head up and it'll all work out. Another thing you can do is start looking for a stock unit at another dealer that mirrors the car you ordered. Maybe you could get it even quicker if you ca dealer trade for it.
I think there are two things going on with the overall displeasure here. One is the fact that getting a new car, especially one you have to pre-order is a bit like waiting for Christmas. Now some people are opening their presents and for the ones who cannot, or worse, told they have to wait for it, it seems a bit like a bummer.

Secondly, for those waiting on the track pack delay it can be a tad frustrating. From what I gather, it is prob the torsen diff that is holding the track pack up. Ford had to produce the BOSS's first quarter and get those out before the GTs etc so the parts were used up there. I get that. However, its not like this was a new milled technology or that there are not a lot of cars using the T-diff. After all, the only people ordering the Track Pack are internet people, the Ford builder doesnt even show it available, so really, how many orders can they possibly have of that build that they dont have enough extras? Personally I would be ok with waiting and I was, my situation is only compounded because I have to transfer bases in June and it complicates everything. That isnt Fords fault.
Old 3/18/12, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

What does a used GTR run? Probably more than a new GT. If you are in that price range, why are you settling for a GT, go for the GT500!!
Old 3/18/12, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fridaze
I think there are two things going on with the overall displeasure here. One is the fact that getting a new car, especially one you have to pre-order is a bit like waiting for Christmas. Now some people are opening their presents and for the ones who cannot, or worse, told they have to wait for it, it seems a bit like a bummer.

Secondly, for those waiting on the track pack delay it can be a tad frustrating. From what I gather, it is prob the torsen diff that is holding the track pack up. Ford had to produce the BOSS's first quarter and get those out before the GTs etc so the parts were used up there. I get that. However, its not like this was a new milled technology or that there are not a lot of cars using the T-diff. After all, the only people ordering the Track Pack are internet people, the Ford builder doesnt even show it available, so really, how many orders can they possibly have of that build that they dont have enough extras? Personally I would be ok with waiting and I was, my situation is only compounded because I have to transfer bases in June and it complicates everything. That isnt Fords fault.
Most of the track pack cars I have found around the country had production dates prior to 3/3. Maybe they were made for the 1st few days and then backed off, hopefully due to massive orders.....
Old 3/18/12, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dogiebitt
Agreed. I found this forum when first hearing about the 2013's being announced soon. Had been thinking of trading in for a while, and the time was just right in late December/early January where I almost ordered. Hell, I think I have more posts on these forums than on the Eclipse ones I visit. Then the situation at my job took a massive U-turn. So now I gotta wait for more info to be released on that to make my decision on the Mustang. I don't wanna be stuck with a payment and without a job
They started announcing early hints of the changes in November 2011, and it looked good at that point. Now as more details come out, I have to fear for my job at a company that's been around since 1901...http://www.chaindrugreview.com/insid...unning-changes
Lol just googling for info on the changes I came across a camaro5 forum topic.

Hopefully everything turns out ok and I have a Stang in my garage within 6 months.
**** man. Sorry to hear. I know how it feels, last year I got laid off as soon as I got my gt and I was so unsure about things. I really hope things work out. Hate to see a fellow mustang brother go thru that crap.
Old 3/18/12, 10:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Most of the track pack cars I have found around the country had production dates prior to 3/3. Maybe they were made for the 1st few days and then backed off, hopefully due to massive orders.....
Im not sure on the numbers, I just know that it is what is holding my build date up. Oddly enough I was watching something where they were saying the V6 is the best selling of the lineup so while we see a large number of certain builds on this board, I dont think we are representative of the general public at all.
Old 3/18/12, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oddly enough I was watching something where they were saying the V6 is the best selling of the lineup so while we see a large number of certain builds on this board, I dont think we are representative of the general public at all.

Bingo!
Old 3/18/12, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Deysha,

Can you please do me one more favor? Let my dealership know that the tent outside their front door on this coming Friday night-Saturday morning will be mine and to not be alarmed nor call the Po Po!!! I'll be just waiting for the delivery truck to show up with my DIB baby!!!!!!

See anything I may have missed in packing?
Old 3/18/12, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Deysha,

Can you please do me one more favor? Let my dealership know that the tent outside their front door on this coming Friday night-Saturday morning will be mine and to not be alarmed nor call the Po Po!!! I'll be just waiting for the delivery truck to show up with my DIB baby!!!!!!

See anything I may have missed in packing?
lol you are definitely ready
Old 3/18/12, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Just checking in Deysha to see if the car might have moved over the weekend. Thanks for your service as usual.
Old 3/18/12, 08:47 PM

When looking at GT Premiums, is the dashboard different on a 400A versus 401A?

Are the seats structurally the same, only differing cosmetically?
Old 3/18/12, 10:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
What does a used GTR run? Probably more than a new GT. If you are in that price range, why are you settling for a GT, go for the GT500!!

GTRs are good 0-60 cars soley due to the launch control they put in them, extend the race beyond that and almost every car they pair with it equals or beats the car. It isnt that fast overall, just off the line it is a monster.
Old 3/18/12, 10:30 PM
GT Member

GTRs are good 0-60 cars soley due to the launch control they put in them, extend the race beyond that and almost every car they pair with it equals or beats the car. It isnt that fast overall, just off the line it is a monster.
id give that car a bit more credit. It does handle like a son of a *****, mid 7 mins around the nurburg ring is fast.
Old 3/18/12, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

GTRs are great cars but before you touch one go look at some average repairs, you might step away a few feet.

Last edited by Kobrag; 3/18/12 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists