Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Boss 302 or 2012 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/11, 03:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Face it Lee. The Boss 302 is the bestest car ever produced. Jesus and his team of angelic engineers came down to Michigan and designed Gods chariot for a select few. Thou shalt be no faster STOCK car than the Boss 302. Amen.
I agree, you are very knowledgeable ..
Old 12/1/11, 03:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Especially when the third reply was "Are you ****ing retarded?" when the op dared to even question the Boss and if it was actually the best Mustang for everybody.
Yeah, shame on me. What was I every thinking. How dare I.
Old 12/1/11, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow, screaming down hill but good times.
Old 12/1/11, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

A 5.0 makes a more comfortable road trip ride. Add brembo option for a sportier ride
Old 12/1/11, 04:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Wow, screaming down hill but good times.
Your wife don't sweat much for a fat girl, does she?
Old 12/1/11, 04:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by truegeek

Your wife don't sweat much for a fat girl, does she?
WTF?
Old 12/1/11, 04:36 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 12/1/11, 04:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Ohhh boy, here we go.lmao
Old 12/1/11, 04:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
WTF?
Whats not to understand? It's a compliment.
Old 12/1/11, 05:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You lost me too about my wife sweating for a fat girl
Old 12/1/11, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
To the OP,

A Boss is a car that 95% of us will never own and 99.9% of us (even though we may THINK we are able to) will never be able to drive it to it's ability.

If Parnelli Jones says it is the baddest road racing Mustang on the planet, I'd believe him. He knows and he is one of the .1%.

But for someone who will never take advantage of it's ability, it is a moot point.

Yes, the GT may be a better option for the average person. They will never notice the difference.

Last edited by 825LTRGT; 12/1/11 at 06:28 PM. Reason: content
Old 12/1/11, 05:46 PM
V6 Member

You lost me too about my wife sweating for a fat girl
I don't even know if you are married. So, obviously I was not talking about your wife. I found it funny that you said you could not understand why BOSS Owners objected to your oh so complimentary post. It was every bit as complimentary as the post I made.
I can only assume that you are young and or very naive and or just not much of a car guy. You can’t expect to tell a mother her baby is ugly, without expecting a negative reaction.

You strolled into a car guy’s forum and said you are stupid if you buy this car (my translation) because the GT is cheaper, but it looks really good on you. Then you could not understand why people got upset?

I found that very funny, just like the statement, your wife don’t sweat much for a fat girl.
Old 12/1/11, 06:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I withdraw my "WTF?"
I am in the independent consultant business, we regularly have to tell our clients that "their baby is ugly" and then get them to pay us for that information.
Old 12/1/11, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I understand now. Respectfully, I don't recall saying any boss owner was stupid for buying a boss. From your perspective you may of taken it that way and certainly in no way shape or form do I think that or implied that any person here is stupid for there purchase.

The post was just a general casual comment, no aggression on which stang gave more value to the dollar based solely on ones desires and driving habit. If any person has the money and wants to buy the Boss then by all means do so. I think the orange and black is sick looking so darn awesome of a car. Hands down Ford produced an amazing pony car, the boss. The boss is a world class automobile that leaves it competitors in the dust.

The thread was to point out to consumers who may be in the market for a stang that depending on there budget and what they plan to do with there stang, the 5.0 is a great vehicle that delivers power, performance and handling for thousands less than the Boss.
Old 12/1/11, 07:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Face it Lee. The Boss 302 is the bestest car ever produced. Jesus and his team of angelic engineers came down to Michigan and designed Gods chariot for a select few. Thou shalt be no faster STOCK car than the Boss 302. Amen.
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Brother Al has seen the light! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the TracKey! Now we need to start praying for the conversion of that GT500 worshipping sinner Joe.
It was only a matter of time, as he exhibits the classic signs of convert psychology - one being bouts of anger directed at the community and its icon paradoxically interspersed with high praise and moments of epiphany.

I haven't been here long, but I notice he spends WAY more time here than he does with the Cobra people - who are sure to attempt a "deprogram" intervention.
Old 12/1/11, 07:16 PM
Cobra R Member

The thread was to point out to consumers who may be in the market for a stang that depending on there budget and what they plan to do with there stang, the 5.0 is a great vehicle that delivers power, performance and handling for thousands less than the Boss.

Really??? You made this thread to help educate those looking to possibly purchase a Boss? Thanks for your consumer concern but you really couldn't have expected any other reaction than what you got. Could you? And your statement that I highlighted is inflammatory, which I suspect is your real reason for posting this topic.

There's nothing wrong with buying a GT. I'm sure most people will be thrilled with the car.

I bought a Boss LS because I liked the handling, performance, sound and looks of the car. But mainly I bought it because I WANTED IT.
If I'd wanted a GT I would've bought one, but I didn't want one.

Last edited by Whammer; 12/1/11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12/1/11, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Whammer

Really??? You made this thread to help educate those looking to possibly purchase a Boss? Thanks for your consumer concern but you really couldn't have expected any other reaction than what you got. Could you?

There's nothing wrong with buying a GT. I'm sure most people will be thrilled with the car.

I bought a Boss LS because I liked the handling, performance, sound and looks of the car. But mainly I bought it because I WANTED IT.
If I'd wanted a GT I would've bought one, but I didn't want one.
Actually, im still baffled on the reaction I got and how angry people are about this thread. But it has been a learning experience about people who own the Boss stang. You are a bread of a different pony all together and that is putting it mildly in a respectful way. If I didn't know better one might think Boss owners here are a bunch of stuck up jerks who think there king and special because they own a Boss.
Old 12/1/11, 07:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Actually, im still baffled on the reaction I got and how angry people are about this thread. But it has been a learning experience about people who own the Boss stang. You are a bread of a different pony all together and that is putting it mildly in a respectful way. If I didn't know better one might think Boss owners here are a bunch of stuck up jerks who think there king and special because they own a Boss.
Why do you think that? Because you attack them for the purchase they CHOSE to make?
You're not bothering me I just find it odd that you could expect anything else?
Why don't you go to the GT500 forum and tell them if you slapped a SC on your GT you'd get the same performance for thousands less and see how they react.

If I went to the GT forum and told everyone why the Boss is a superior preforming car to what they CHOSE to buy I would expect the exact same treatment you feel you've been getting.

Enjoy your car and let others enjoy theirs.

Last edited by Whammer; 12/1/11 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12/1/11, 07:53 PM
GT Member

This whole thing is rather humorous but I went back and copied pieces of KB's original post, verbatim, to remind him what he posted.

the Boss is grossly overpriced.

Im sorry but I just can't see where the value in that is.

the 5.0 is a much smarter purchase

I think 10 grand is so not worth paying for the words 302 boss on the side.

Don't really think your words were just comparison to be the Ralph Nader of the Mustang Source. I think you kind pulled off a nice slam. I'm done on this topic. Not mad or angry but I was puzzled from the beginning by the thread.
Old 12/1/11, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I never said the 5.0 was superior to the Boss. I never said any car was superior to any car. I said that value on the dollar the 5.0 may be a better choice of stang for them depending on the owners wants, needs and financial situation. Again I never said the Boss was an inferior car. You and others boss owners completely spun it around in a different direction.

Yes I also think bang for buck, one could get a 5.0, with few upgrades slap a super charger on and you got one sick 5.0 to take Cobra on for 10 grand less.

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302 or 2012 5.0