2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Boss 302 or 2012 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/11, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearly the OP is "all about the money" and hasn't driven a Boss. Probably hasn't driven a V8 with a stick. He's scatterbrained. He says he's going to drive the wheels off for 15 years then buy something new. Then he says he's going to keep it for 7 years and give it to his son. He is "all about the money" and yet openly states he has "no clue" as to the depreciation rates of the Boss or the 5.0. He lives in a world where the street and highway layouts are in a grid pattern and there are no curves. And to top it off he didn't even buy a 5.0 his wife made him get a V6 with an automatic. He's just not a car guy. That's ok, but he shouldn't be spouting off about stuff he admittedly has "no clue" about.
Old 12/1/11, 08:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
The 5.0 was well within my budget however I was not willing to spend the 6 k extra for the 5.0 just to go one second faster to the stop light.
You should probably go tell the GT guys their cars are overpriced just to say "5.0" on the side.

I'm joking!!
Old 12/1/11, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RixterGT

You should probably go tell the GT guys their cars are overpriced just to say "5.0" on the side.

I'm joking!!
Hey now, you leave my gt out of this lol
Old 12/1/11, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Gt are on time. Bad a$$ cars. Im not a track racing car guy. As far as stick, can drive them but don't care either way. Yep wife said were getting automatic and that was cool with me. Yes, plan on giving it to our son and hopefully have the car for 15 years. Yes everything is about money. If I wanted the 5.0 that bad and if that's what made me happy then the extra cost would of been worth it. But when Ford came out with the new v6 winner for me.
Old 12/1/11, 08:29 AM
GT Member

If I wanted the 5.0 that bad and if that's what made me happy then the extra cost would of been worth it.
I think that is all that needs to be said. You have answered your own questions and I believe ended this debate. (I'm sure you won't see it that way.) If all you want is a daily grocery getter and aren't concerned with extra performance either straight line or in the corners and all you are looking for is the body shape of the car, (and you want new,) then you have made the correct choice.
Old 12/1/11, 08:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Fat Boss
Clearly the OP is "all about the money" and hasn't driven a Boss. Probably hasn't driven a V8 with a stick. He's scatterbrained. He says he's going to drive the wheels off for 15 years then buy something new. Then he says he's going to keep it for 7 years and give it to his son. He is "all about the money" and yet openly states he has "no clue" as to the depreciation rates of the Boss or the 5.0. He lives in a world where the street and highway layouts are in a grid pattern and there are no curves. And to top it off he didn't even buy a 5.0 his wife made him get a V6 with an automatic. He's just not a car guy. That's ok, but he shouldn't be spouting off about stuff he admittedly has "no clue" about.
Say what you will, but hands down the 5.0 is a better bang for buck over the Boss for people who do not take there stang to a road course track and are using it for routine standard use. The point was BETTER BANG FOR THE BUCK for undecided stang buyers. Those are the facts. I didn't make the Gt's numbers, Ford did
Old 12/1/11, 08:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by ApexCars

I think that is all that needs to be said. You have answered your own questions and I believe ended this debate. (I'm sure you won't see it that way.) If all you want is a daily grocery getter and aren't concerned with extra performance either straight line or in the corners and all you are looking for is the body shape of the car, (and you want new,) then you have made the correct choice.
It was really more of a comment and observation than an actually question.
Old 12/1/11, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Say what you will, but hands down the 5.0 is a better bang for buck over the Boss for people who do not take there stang to a road course track and are using it for routine standard use. The point was BETTER BANG FOR THE BUCK for undecided stang buyers. Those are the facts. I didn't make the Gt's numbers, Ford did
If you want bang for the buck for street driving, buy a Civic.
Old 12/1/11, 08:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Not going to get the performance of the stang in a civic
Old 12/1/11, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Bank for the Buck comparing a mustang to a mustang. Where does a Civic fit in this?
Old 12/1/11, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

How is a Civic a ford mustang? The thread was comparing one type of mustang to another type of mustang. Not some 4 door small sedan dude, wtf
Old 12/1/11, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by servitium
Also, there's knowing that - save for cars like the ZR1, Viper etc. - you have the BADDEST car on the road.
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
:delusional:
Okay then, let's try this.

Name a stock production car anywhere near the class/sticker of the BOSS that can touch it on the track. I'll give you an extra ten grand to spend, above and beyond a loaded BOSS. Heck, take 15 grand.

The fact of the matter is that not only will it dominate anything and everything anywhere near its price-range, but it dominates many "performance" cars far above its price range.
Old 12/1/11, 08:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I agree with you, the boss is the king of the track. I never said it wasn't.
Old 12/1/11, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not going to get the performance of the stang in a civic
You can't really use the performance of a Mustang on the street anyway which is my point.
Old 12/1/11, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mikes5.0

Yet it over heats and goes into limp mode during track days.

Sorry I had too. LOL
Never had this issue, on or off track
Old 12/1/11, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus

You can't really use the performance of a Mustang on the street anyway which is my point.
Well I don't know where you live but out where I live you can perform on the open roadways just fine. Highway and open back rural roads.
Old 12/1/11, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

To all you Playa Haters out there..........

Don’t hate the Playa hate the game...............

Don’t take our word for thinking the Boss is something very special!

Ford said this about the Boss 302 when it was revealed to the press, “quickest, best-handling straight-production Mustang ever offered by Ford.”

What did the press say about the Boss?

“What this is, is the best Mustang ever.” May issue Car and Driver

“The car’s neck-wrenching 1.02g on the skidpad and 74.0-mph romp through the slalom make the Boss 302 the best-handling production Mustang ever.” March issue Road and Track

“What Ford has done is much more; this is hands-down the best Mustang it has ever produced.” May Issue Motor Trend

“Wow, this is the best muscle car I've ever driven. It's seriously fast, the engine sounds great, and it changes direction willingly. Finally, a muscle car that's good for more than cruising around town or heading to a drag strip.” Automobile Magazine

“……..the Boss 302 thrills as a special edition that really is offers something unique; it's not just a Mustang GT with more.” Automobile Magazine

"Clearly better than any other Mustang I've driven.” Randy Pobst

And yes with the new 2013 GT500 that may change............but maybe not!

See you at the Ball!
Old 12/1/11, 10:09 AM
V6 Member

I agree with you, the boss is the king of the track. I never said it wasn't.
The post wasn't directed at you. It was for the member I quoted.
Old 12/1/11, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GT_350
What did the press say about the Boss?
More notable quotes:

This is the quickest, best handling production Mustang ever offered by Ford Motor Company. – Edsel B. Ford II, Board of Directors, Ford Motor Company

My dream for the car was that it would make a lot of money for a guy street racing. It should be a car that winds up on YouTube doing something illegal. I’ve been waiting 20-plus years to launch a car like this.” - Jim Farley, Ford’s group VP of global marketing

The 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 is the best Mustang ever. – Car & Driver Magazine

This car is a real complete package, obviously a fun car to drive. And I think anybody who has any love of race in them, would certainly love to be part of this car. – Racing legend Parnelli Jones

At the end of the day we had concluded one thing: The 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 is easily the coolest, most technologically advanced, highest performing Mustang ever produced by Ford. It's more than a fitting tribute to the original Boss 302, and will easily become one of the most desirable Mustangs of all time. – Autoblog

This is going to be a pure race machine made for the track right out of the showroom. It’s all in. – Dave Perciak, Mustang Chief Engineer

This car is going to set the standard for Ford. – Racing legend Carroll Shelby

Meet the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302, the best, most well-rounded Mustang ever. – Motortrend

Just as before, the new Boss 302 is a track-tuned beast, and it should also be both great to drive and even potentially collectible. – Edmunds

It actually redefines what we should expect of muscle cars. And frankly, it’s just bloody brilliant. – Autocar (U.K.), the world’s older car magazine.
Old 12/1/11, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Boss boys are funny

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302 or 2012 5.0