2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/10, 03:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nmcc59
Thanks brother!
If I am understanding you correctly, and if the Brembo package includes 19' wheels(according to the order guide) when I pop the hood on my 2011 gt, the STB should be staring me in the face! Verdad?
Neill
P.S owned 2- 5.0's many moons ago. Most of my cars were Vettes or camaros-including a double copo 1969, 1970 lt-1(2 tops) and a 1972 lt-1/zr-1 among many others. Really looking forward to the new 5.0.
Si, es verdad. Order 19's (or order the Brembo pkg which includes its own unique 19's) and you will have a STB, from what we understand.

I've had some 5.0's, as well (hence my user name that I've had for 10+ years online). Like you, I've also owned a few musclecars from GM ('68 GTO & '72 Nova with a '66 'Vette L71 427 Tripower V8). But, I've owned six Mustangs and several T-Birds and much prefer the Fords these days.
Old 1/22/10, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nmcc59
P.S. Jeff, you are the man!! Have been reading your info for the last few days. OUTSTANDING!!!!!
Neill
Hey Neill, thank you SO MUCH for the kind words!! I love this site and helping people when I can. Welcome aboard and hope your having as much fun as the rest of us. If your near my locale, let me know as I'd love to help you order a car. Heck, I can even drop ship a car to a dealer near you if you want? Be glad to help you get the Mustang you want.
Old 1/22/10, 04:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed my order yesterday and got an e-mail from the salesman today that said
"all indicators are that production wont commence until, at least, May"

Anyone else hear anything like that? I thought it was mid March.

Tony

Old 1/23/10, 04:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by laserred38
Sync is touted as being upgradable in the future with software updates. Shouldn't be a problem...
Thanks! I am not done reading through the owner's manual and didn't catch that feature. Still, I am annoyed that after spending $$$ on a new car I now have to buy a new phone to maximize its features (my current phone is not Bluetooth). And if I forget and leave my phone at home the 911 post-crash notification won't function .

I would have preferred (dare I say it) a system more like OnStar where the 911 assist doesn't require an external phone. But not to the degree that I seriously considered a Camaro .

Last edited by IWantMyNewGT; 1/23/10 at 04:41 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 1/23/10, 06:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TonyB84

Tony

Tony, I'm going to pull out the BS flag on that dealer!!! Job#1 is March 15th, and that hasn't changed a bit. Either they don't want to place an order yet, or they just don't know what they are doing. In regards to allocation, that hasn't been determined as of yet.
Old 1/23/10, 08:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hey Tony, the salesman may be confused on the difference between "production" and "delivery"....
Old 1/23/10, 09:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by laserred38
Hey Tony, the salesman may be confused on the difference between "production" and "delivery"....
The sales staff at my dealership didn't even know about the HP increase on the '11s until I told them last month, let alone when to expect them...
Old 1/23/10, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TonyB84

Tony

Yep I heard something similar, they didn't say may but they said that ford wouldn't start building my car until 4-6 months.

Where do you live? I wonder if it has anything to do with regional sales.

Has anyone recieved their order number from Ford actually showing that they accepted the order?

I said "well that's concerning a lil bit because job 1 is march 15th", but the internet sales guy i am talking to is not the guy who can actually get into the computer and put in my order, He also isn't the guy who gets the information from their regional Ford Manager (what he told me). I will be talking with that guy on Monday next week and I am just going to question him about dates and where he heard that from etc...

Last edited by Bigjohns97; 1/23/10 at 10:07 AM.
Old 1/23/10, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
Has anyone recieved their order number from Ford actually showing that they accepted the order?
I have already successfully order an '11 GT for a customer. Order went in just fine and is showing in Ford's order banks. As Jeff pointed out, we're still being told by Ford that Job 1 is March 15th. Actual deliveries to dealers won't be until April/May, but production starts in less than 2 months from today.
Old 1/23/10, 10:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Jeff
On the order guide the 19's with bembro brakes is not available on the GT/CS. Is that etched in stone.
Old 1/23/10, 10:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be ordering a V6 MT Premium hopefully before Spring.

Per Tech Specs, std. tires with MT will be P225/60R-17 BFG Radial T/A, which must be a new spec for BFG as this size is not listed on their web site. Radial T/A's are typically "T" rated (118MPH), so they are not anything I'd want ... to make matters worse, there are not too many choices on tire rack / discount tire direct in this particular size either.

In 2010 there was an 18" wheel/"W" Speed Rated Performance Tire option (code 649) for $495 that appears to be missing from the 2011 Price List. If I want these tires it appears that I'm stuck getting the Pony or MCA pkg for $995. The extra option content of either of these packages do make the extra $500 almost worthwhile but ...

Don't like the bright polished wheels or the old school '67 style grill orament of the Pony pkg. so I was glad that 2010 offered this wheel/tire option.

The 2011 MCA option could grow on me ... I like the dark gray wheels, blacked-out rear panel offset tri-bar pony in the grill, and the side stripes are kind of neat; only thing I don't really care for is the "dark stainless painted billet" grill. For one thing, if this grill is realy "billet" (as in aluminum) why would it get "painted" ?? You don't paint aluminum, you anodize it if you want different colors. If this were just a plain black plastic molded grill, I would LOVE it as it would remind me of a '70 grill (but w/ tri-bar pony offset rather than centered). If really is "billet" aluminum, I suppose I could have it stripped and anodized black if I really don't like it ... or have it painted if it is plastic.

Doug
Old 1/23/10, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the replies.

It probably is the differnce between Production and Delivery.

I'm in NJ.

Tony
Old 1/23/10, 11:10 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I took my Dad to pick up his 2010 Taurus that he ordered the 6th of December. I rode with the salesman to fill the gas tank. We talked about the 2011 Mustang's, he told me he didn't know too much about them yet. He then told me all the salesmen were going to have a class to learn about the 2011 Mustang's and options offered next week so they will be able to answer their customers questions.
Old 1/23/10, 11:48 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by David Young
I took my Dad to pick up his 2010 Taurus that he ordered the 6th of December. I rode with the salesman to fill the gas tank. We talked about the 2011 Mustang's, he told me he didn't know too much about them yet. He then told me all the salesmen were going to have a class to learn about the 2011 Mustang's and options offered next week so they will be able to answer their customers questions.
Ray Viles?
Old 1/23/10, 12:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by data174
Hey Jeff
On the order guide the 19's with bembro brakes is not available on the GT/CS. Is that etched in stone.
Hey Al, its set, Brembos are NOT available with the GT/CS package!
Old 1/23/10, 02:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
I'll be ordering a V6 MT Premium hopefully before Spring.

Per Tech Specs, std. tires with MT will be P225/60R-17 BFG Radial T/A, which must be a new spec for BFG as this size is not listed on their web site. Radial T/A's are typically "T" rated (118MPH), so they are not anything I'd want ... to make matters worse, there are not too many choices on tire rack / discount tire direct in this particular size either.

In 2010 there was an 18" wheel/"W" Speed Rated Performance Tire option (code 649) for $495 that appears to be missing from the 2011 Price List. If I want these tires it appears that I'm stuck getting the Pony or MCA pkg for $995. The extra option content of either of these packages do make the extra $500 almost worthwhile but ...

Don't like the bright polished wheels or the old school '67 style grill orament of the Pony pkg. so I was glad that 2010 offered this wheel/tire option.

The 2011 MCA option could grow on me ... I like the dark gray wheels, blacked-out rear panel offset tri-bar pony in the grill, and the side stripes are kind of neat; only thing I don't really care for is the "dark stainless painted billet" grill. For one thing, if this grill is realy "billet" (as in aluminum) why would it get "painted" ?? You don't paint aluminum, you anodize it if you want different colors. If this were just a plain black plastic molded grill, I would LOVE it as it would remind me of a '70 grill (but w/ tri-bar pony offset rather than centered). If really is "billet" aluminum, I suppose I could have it stripped and anodized black if I really don't like it ... or have it painted if it is plastic.

Doug
IIRC, in the order guide it lists the 18" polished wheel as a standalone option on the V6 and GT Premiums. If you don't like that wheel, there was no other wheel available in 2010 other than the 17s. Just get this and switch the wheels out? OE wheels direct sells sets of replica Mustang wheels as low as $350.
Old 1/23/10, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So brembo package isnt available with

auto for GT premuim?
Old 1/23/10, 10:45 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
Ray Viles?
No. Lance Cunningham Ford, they give pretty good deals with a large selection.
Old 1/24/10, 08:40 AM
GT Member

I'm new here...and ready to finally have a real car, I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent (dont laugh) so after walking out of two dealerships since they pulled the whole come in and you can order a 2011 but I will try to sell you something else, I finally got to a dealer that ordered one without a problem..Team Ford, Las Vegas Nevada...anyways....if you havent checked this out....its a an article...http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ang-first_ride
Old 1/24/10, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by elvism
auto for GT premuim?
Correct, Brembos aren't available with automatic transmission. Odd, considering there are some very fast automatic GT's out there that need to slow down just like those with manuals. I'm glad our main local dragstrip has a very long 3/4 mile shut down area after the traps. Another of our local tracks has a very short (maybe 1/3 mile at the most) shut down area and I have to really be on the brakes to slow down for the return road.

Quick Reply: 2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!