2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/10, 08:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That should really be in the mirror even with the nav. I'm more likely looking in my mirror while backing up then looking down at my radio!
Old 4/13/10, 08:42 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by denlem
That should really be in the mirror even with the nav. I'm more likely looking in my mirror while backing up then looking down at my radio!
Well, with the nav screen, you then have the full mirror to look in as well as the larger view from the camera.
Old 4/18/10, 12:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
they lightened it for 2011
When you say they lightened the grill Pony for the 2011 GT, is it now that same as the V6? or lighter than 2010, but darker than the V6?
Old 4/18/10, 11:53 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach
When you say they lightened the grill Pony for the 2011 GT, is it now that same as the V6? or lighter than 2010, but darker than the V6?
I would guess lighter than the '10 GT and darker than the '10 V6. but that is just a guess
Old 4/18/10, 02:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I would guess lighter than the '10 GT and darker than the '10 V6. but that is just a guess
Right. It's now a dark chrome instead of "black chrome". The V6 is still regular chrome.
Old 6/15/10, 10:04 AM
FR500 Member

Here's the Job 2 Order Guide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2011 Mustang Order Guide.pdf (846.1 KB, 305 views)
Old 6/15/10, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Here's the Job 2 Order Guide.
Hey Chris, anything about GT500 ?
Old 6/15/10, 03:36 PM
V6 Member

Is there a Canadian Job2 order guide available as well?
Old 6/15/10, 07:57 PM
FR500 Member

This is the only one I've seen posted so far.
Old 11/11/10, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

Maybe this has been pointed out before but now I know why I could not find a base GT on the dealer lot; only 7% of the production is the Base GT.

V6 24%
V6 Premium 18%
GT Base 7%
GT Premium 45%

Maybe I'm just odd that I wanted a base GT?

TED
Old 11/14/10, 06:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted in Olympia
Maybe this has been pointed out before but now I know why I could not find a base GT on the dealer lot; only 7% of the production is the Base GT.

V6 24%
V6 Premium 18%
GT Base 7%
GT Premium 45%

Maybe I'm just odd that I wanted a base GT?

TED
Well, Ted, I wouldn't say you're odd - just in the minority. I order all the Mustangs for the store I work for. I've ordered just a couple 2011 GT's as base 300A models as we get very few requests for them. We special order dozens of Mustangs each year and I haven't a single person order a base GT. All the GT's special ordered for customers here have been 400A & 401A (premium & premium interior), and most with the Brembo Brake Package. Almost all were manual transmission with just a few automatics. No GT/CS's special ordered, but I did order one for our inventory that has since sold.
Old 11/14/10, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the information Brian; sounds like I better like what I got because it may be hard to sell.

Mine will be a base GT in Yellow Blaze. Also has manual, 3.73 gears and Brembo Brakes. I wanted more of a "go car" and not a fully loaded luxury mobile. If they sold a real base model with even fewer options (like no AC) I most likely would have ordered one of these instead.

The salesman called me today and said that it is on it way and finally on the train. Maybe I will have it next week-end?

If I known about you earlier Brian I would have given you a chance to order it for me.

Not sure why people order the premium models since there seems to be a few of them on the lots.

TED
Old 11/14/10, 10:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for the information Brian; sounds like I better like what I got because it may be hard to sell.

Mine will be a base GT in Yellow Blaze. Also has manual, 3.73 gears and Brembo Brakes. I wanted more of a "go car" and not a fully loaded luxury mobile. If they sold a real base model with even fewer options (like no AC) I most likely would have ordered one of these instead.

The salesman called me today and said that it is on it way and finally on the train. Maybe I will have it next week-end?

If I known about you earlier Brian I would have given you a chance to order it for me.

Not sure why people order the premium models since there seems to be a few of them on the lots.

TED
I'm with you on a more basic model. I think Ford should bring back the 5.0L LX. I bought a brand new '89 5.0L LX hatchback and specifically chose it over the GT since it was simpler, cheaper, lighter, and marginally quicker to show for it. Plenty of people this "less is more." But so many people are roped into buying the premium models nowadays since Ford is packaging a bunch of equipment together that you can't get individually. Sure wish you could get any option a la carte like the old days!

Even though there are a decent number of premium models on the lots, many customers can't find the exact color combo and exact options they want. Special ordering allows for that, and I'm glad we so freely do it for customers.

Glad to hear your Mustang is almost here! Be sure to post up pics when you get it!
Old 11/14/10, 11:03 PM
V6 Member

Getting a bit off track here but Ford is doing some pretty weird things lately.

Like you can't get Brembo brakes with the Auto; what does brakes have to do with an auto transmission? You can't order lower rear gears with an auto? You can't order lower rear gears on a convert? You can't get an over the top stripe with a Base GT. You can't get a better radio unless you have leather interior?

All this is crazy and I think they loose some sales over it. I understand packages but this is going a bit too far.

TED
Old 11/15/10, 12:11 AM
GTR Member

Getting a bit off track here but Ford is doing some pretty weird things lately.

Like you can't get Brembo brakes with the Auto; what does brakes have to do with an auto transmission? You can't order lower rear gears with an auto? You can't order lower rear gears on a convert? You can't get an over the top stripe with a Base GT. You can't get a better radio unless you have leather interior?

All this is crazy and I think they loose some sales over it. I understand packages but this is going a bit too far.

TED
Been that way for a while now.
Old 11/15/10, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Honestly, I think I'd disagree with you- I don't think they'll loose any sales over this. The vast majority of people of people buy off of dealer stock. And as the guy above said, most people who place orders will buy a pretty loaded car. Guys like us that want a weird combo of options will be upset at first, but we'll get one anyway since what we really want is the 412 horsepower.
Old 11/17/10, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dealers around here generally keep a base GT or two in stock as price-leader "ad cars", but I don't know how many they actually sell.

I'd also prefer to be able to order completely "a la carte" like in the early days of the Mustang, but I'm sure packages are far more profitable to produce and I realize most people buy off the lot anyway.

It annoys me that I paid $$$ for the SYNC system which I have never used in order to get leather, but I hope to get back some of that at trade-in time .
Old 11/17/10, 08:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
It annoys me that I paid $$$ for the SYNC system which I have never used in order to get leather, but I hope to get back some of that at trade-in time .
I'm just the opposite, I want SYNC and the satellite radio but not the leather.
Old 11/17/10, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I'm just the opposite, I want SYNC and the satellite radio but not the leather.

i so agree with u. i want the shaker 500, sync and sirus. screw the leather.
Old 11/18/10, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Trust me, if the Shaker 5000 in the 2011's is anything like the one in the 2006's, you don't want it. I wish I could go back and get the base stereo and swap in an aftermarket unit.

Quick Reply: 2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!