2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/10, 01:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jeff, my dealer requested a copy of my license to give to Ford, which I had never heard of. I assume so my order doesn't count against their allocation. Any idea what type of priority retail orders would have over dealer inventory orders, if any?
Old 2/8/10, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SS05GT
Hey Jeff, my dealer requested a copy of my license to give to Ford, which I had never heard of. I assume so my order doesn't count against their allocation. Any idea what type of priority retail orders would have over dealer inventory orders, if any?
Hey Don, this is 100% true. Ford has what is called "Retail Order Verification" for all Mustang orders. These orders do not count against a dealer's regular allocation, and are in fact extras that are prioritised over stock units. Ford gave me 3 Mustangs for March and we asked for 1 supplement. The 3 retail orders I have from TMS members are above the 4 I am getting. The retail orders get scheduled 1st over any stock units. For the Retail Order Verification, Ford requires scans of a buyers order/purchase order and a copy of a driver's license, to show its a legitimate order and not a fake order to get a car quicker. This is what dealers were doing back in 2007 to get their GT500s faster. Adding a ficticious name to an order and when it arrived, they say the customer didn't want it and it goes into stock. Not anymore.
Old 2/28/10, 06:06 AM

Jeff, Just joined from over here in Australia...I'm considering getting back into performance cars in the next year and have come to the conclusion that is financially viable for me to get a new car over there and ship it back, convert to right hand drive for around the same price of our top performance cars here. I have always been a fan of the Mustang, and specifically Shelbys...is there a price list, and option list laying around for the 2011 Shelby GT500? One thing I would be looking at is power passenger seats...unfortunately when they switch sides on the steering wheel they can't switch the seats over...so you wind up with the passenger having an electronically controlled seat, but not the driver.....really keen on a black Shelby GT 500 convertible..with silver striping package....
Old 2/28/10, 09:45 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Don, this is 100% true. Ford has what is called "Retail Order Verification" for all Mustang orders. These orders do not count against a dealer's regular allocation, and are in fact extras that are prioritised over stock units. Ford gave me 3 Mustangs for March and we asked for 1 supplement. The 3 retail orders I have from TMS members are above the 4 I am getting. The retail orders get scheduled 1st over any stock units. For the Retail Order Verification, Ford requires scans of a buyers order/purchase order and a copy of a driver's license, to show its a legitimate order and not a fake order to get a car quicker. This is what dealers were doing back in 2007 to get their GT500s faster. Adding a ficticious name to an order and when it arrived, they say the customer didn't want it and it goes into stock. Not anymore.
Just because they have a scanned copy of a drivers license doesn't necessarily mean the order might not be dropped does it?

Will Ford hound the person who's license was scanned if they decide they don't want it, trying to coerce them to buy the car?

Don't see how this makes much real sense.
Old 2/28/10, 09:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Rotty
Jeff, Just joined from over here in Australia...I'm considering getting back into performance cars in the next year and have come to the conclusion that is financially viable for me to get a new car over there and ship it back, convert to right hand drive for around the same price of our top performance cars here. I have always been a fan of the Mustang, and specifically Shelbys...is there a price list, and option list laying around for the 2011 Shelby GT500? One thing I would be looking at is power passenger seats...unfortunately when they switch sides on the steering wheel they can't switch the seats over...so you wind up with the passenger having an electronically controlled seat, but not the driver.....really keen on a black Shelby GT 500 convertible..with silver striping package....
Constantly confounds me why Ford doesn't sell it's performance cars world-wide. Why they don't sell products like the Mustang in Australia and products like Pursuit and GT here in the U.S.

You guys down under, have some of the coolest cars that Ford has ever built and we can't get them here or bring them here due to the crash and emission standards.

Just all seems so ridiculous to me.

http://www.fpv.com.au/fpv-range/overview.aspx

Old 2/28/10, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Constantly confounds me why Ford doesn't sell it's performance cars world-wide. Why they don't sell products like the Mustang in Australia and products like Pursuit and GT here in the U.S.

You guys down under, have some of the coolest cars that Ford has ever built and we can't get them here or bring them here due to the crash and emission standards.

Just all seems so ridiculous to me.

http://www.fpv.com.au/fpv-range/overview.aspx

Ford does sell the Mustang in Japan which I think is pretty cool. But it does suck that we don't get some of the cool Australian Fords here. Falcon, anyone?
Old 3/1/10, 01:57 AM

The scary thing though is what we in Australia pay for our cars.....do the price conversion on the FPV's and see what they cost in US dollars.....and then see if paying 50 odd grand for a Shelby GT500 is so bad....The main competition for the FPV's here in Australia are the HSV's (Holden Special Vehicles)...Australia is pretty much a two horse race....Ford and the General....we love them loud, and fast, with plenty of ponies....
Old 3/1/10, 01:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Rotty
Hey bud, welcome to the site. I LOVE your performance cars down there!! FPV for the win!!! As for the pricelist? Click on the price list thread. The 3rd most recent reply somone posted the price sheet for the GT500.
Old 3/1/10, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Just because they have a scanned copy of a drivers license doesn't necessarily mean the order might not be dropped does it?

Will Ford hound the person who's license was scanned if they decide they don't want it, trying to coerce them to buy the car?

Don't see how this makes much real sense.
You have to look at it realistically. Ford asks for the license so they know its a "legitimate" order. It stops dealers from putting in retail orders with a fake name, just to get a car built quicker than normal (as a dealer would have to go through ALOT more steps to fake it, if they did). This program gets rid of the games dealers used to do to get cars they wanted on their lot built quicker.
Old 4/8/10, 09:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Can someone please explain why sometimes I see GT's with a chrome pony in the grill? I want to order mine that way, but I thought the black pony came with the GT.
Old 4/8/10, 09:56 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach
Can someone please explain why sometimes I see GT's with a chrome pony in the grill? I want to order mine that way, but I thought the black pony came with the GT.
they lightened it for 2011
Old 4/8/10, 10:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
they lightened it for 2011
Which I'll be switching back to the 2010 style on the Kona blue. Looks better in the grille with the black chrome.
Old 4/9/10, 05:39 AM
Bullitt Member

My understanding on the '10s was that the 401A got you the chomier pony. Not sure if that was really true but word is '11s all get the lighter chrome.
Old 4/9/10, 06:26 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by jeff s
My understanding on the '10s was that the 401A got you the chomier pony. Not sure if that was really true but word is '11s all get the lighter chrome.
I thought all 2010 GTs had the black chrome pony? I haven't seen a 2011 GT up close yet, but I'll look when I do and compare them.
Old 4/13/10, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Rear Camera w/o Navigation

Just wondering how the rear camera image will be displayed when not equipped with the navigation package?
Old 4/13/10, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by First Stang
Just wondering how the rear camera image will be displayed when not equipped with the navigation package?
I've heard that the video will be displayed in the rear view mirror.
Old 4/13/10, 12:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Yes, that's right.
Old 4/13/10, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
I would like to see some pictures of that when someone gets one.
Old 4/13/10, 01:20 PM
GTR Member

Drivers corner of the rear view mirror. Go take any Ford vehicle with that setup out and you'll see it.
Old 4/13/10, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Rear Camera w/o Navigation

Thanks for the information. I found this story: http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...new-backu.html and here is a picture:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!