2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/10, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Correct. It can be had with Race Red, though, if you want a red Mustang inside and out.
Brian, is there a web site or document you point us to that has a list of what color interiors are available with each body color?
Old 1/22/10, 07:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RandyW
Brian, is there a web site or document you point us to that has a list of what color interiors are available with each body color?
Hey Randy, the last few pages show you the color combinations for each interior and exterior.
Old 1/22/10, 08:00 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's in the order guide towards the end.
Old 1/22/10, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

Right you are. I saw that and wondered what the heck the X, A, and F codes meant but now I see the key for that. Thanks.
Old 1/22/10, 11:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It appears Ford has eliminated the spare tire and replaced it with a "Tire Mobility Kit" on all V6 models and GT's with the Brembo pkg. However GT's w/o Brembo pkg. get an 18x4.5" mini spare.

Complete oposite to the Camaro "Spare Tire" that is only available optionally on the V6 models !!

In the 16 years and almost 350k miles I've been driving SN-95 Mustangs, I've only had to use the spare ONE time. This is pretty darn good stats for the "I don't really need a spare" argumement, but I'd really feel more comfortable having one in the trunk than not (most of the 400 miles a week I drive is between 3-6AM & 8-11PM on semi-rural interstates). Anyway, I'm HOPING they will offer a spare tire option for V6 models !!

As it was part of the Track Pack in 2010, anyone know what the Ford "Tire Mobility Kit" actually includes ??

Doug
Old 1/22/10, 12:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

It seems like it's got less orange in it. It reminds me of the old Ragoon Red from the 1st generation Mustang, only a little brighter. That is the color that my 65 orginally came in, and what I would like to get it painted again.

Yeah, I know that Race Red is not going to be out on the street yet, I just thought you might have seen it at the L.A. or Detroit auto shows. I'm curious to see how different it is from Torch Red.
Old 1/22/10, 12:53 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
As it was part of the Track Pack in 2010, anyone know what the Ford "Tire Mobility Kit" actually includes ??

Doug
Airpump/Tire sealant device.
Old 1/22/10, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
It appears Ford has eliminated the spare tire and replaced it with a "Tire Mobility Kit" on all V6 models and GT's with the Brembo pkg. However GT's w/o Brembo pkg. get an 18x4.5" mini spare.

Complete oposite to the Camaro "Spare Tire" that is only available optionally on the V6 models !!

In the 16 years and almost 350k miles I've been driving SN-95 Mustangs, I've only had to use the spare ONE time. This is pretty darn good stats for the "I don't really need a spare" argumement, but I'd really feel more comfortable having one in the trunk than not (most of the 400 miles a week I drive is between 3-6AM & 8-11PM on semi-rural interstates). Anyway, I'm HOPING they will offer a spare tire option for V6 models !!

Doug
It's a kit that allows you to pump sealant into a flat tire, then pump air into it. It's got a little air compressor that runs off your 12V power point. If you go to this site you should be able to download the owner guide for the 2010 Mustang, then do a search for mobility kit, to get the details and see an illustration.
Old 1/22/10, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Airpump/Tire sealant device.
So is it actually a portable 12V compressor and tire sealant or just a glorified can of fix-a-flat with a Ford logo on it ??

Must have been typing at the same time as you ... thanks Randy !!

Doug

Last edited by orange3.9stang; 1/22/10 at 01:02 PM.
Old 1/22/10, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope to get an actual spare, which so far seems like it might happen, as I'm leaning towards a GT without Brembos. I've had to use a spare many times. Somehow I got a nail right through the sidewall of my front tire on my 99 Cobra just a few months after purchasing it -- I doubt the tire sealant could have plugged a hole like that.
Old 1/22/10, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I had my 2010 GT for about 3 weeks when I got a flat tire caused be a sheetrock screw from somewhere. I find it hard to believe that a compressor and can of air is cheaper to supply to new owners than a spare tire.

Joe
Old 1/22/10, 01:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Overboost
I can see why going to a single CD is more friendly. Everyone is going to a non-physical media type, so it saves them the hassle of worrying about more moving parts/issues/etc. Besides, Sync is going to have streaming radio capability via your phone, so Pandora will be useful, and eventually get rid of Sirius in the long-term.
Am I the only one who dislikes the idea of a system that is dependent on a phone to operate fully ? Will my Sync no longer interface with then-current phones in a few short years?
Old 1/22/10, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Sync is touted as being upgradable in the future with software updates. Shouldn't be a problem...
Old 1/22/10, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

Nope, Sync will continue to get updates and add features as it grows in its life cycle. I'd guess that it will eventually give way to the MyFord Touch system for its real interactivity.

You don't need the phone to actually use it, you can use it just for your music if you so choose.
Old 1/22/10, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Am I the only one who dislikes the idea of a system that is dependent on a phone to operate fully ? Will my Sync no longer interface with then-current phones in a few short years?
Hey bud, like Patrick said above, SYNC has an "install application" feature where new programs and updates can be added. Its digital from the start whereas OnStar was Analog and went digital, thus ending the services for everyone who has older OnStar equipped cars. SYNC is compatible for new apps and will be updateable often.
Old 1/22/10, 02:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
The beauty of the Sync system is that it is upgradeable software. Ford can issue updates that the user can download, copy to a flash drive, then install in the car. As popular as Sync is I would think that most manufacturers would test their new models to ensure compatibility. Now, will Ford issue patches for the 2010 Sync systems in 2055 so your old heap can still use the latest inter-planetary telephones? Probably not. Kind of like if your old car has an eight-track player.
Old 1/22/10, 02:45 PM

Just joined guys. Will order a 2011 gt w/in the next few days. Two questions. Does the Brembo package include a strut tower brace? (i know the "brace " is included with the convertable). Is it possible to order a special color-and , of course, pay for it- Highland Green would be my choice. Thanks for the help.
Neill
Old 1/22/10, 02:47 PM

P.S. Jeff, you are the man!! Have been reading your info for the last few days. OUTSTANDING!!!!!
Neill
Old 1/22/10, 02:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nmcc59
Just joined guys. Will order a 2011 gt w/in the next few days. Two questions. Does the Brembo package include a strut tower brace? (i know the "brace " is included with the convertable). Is it possible to order a special color-and , of course, pay for it- Highland Green would be my choice. Thanks for the help.
Neill
Welcome aboard. Brembo package doesn't include a strut tower brace, but our understanding is that any convertible gets the STB, as well as any coupe with the 19" wheels.

Ford hasn't allowed special colors to the public in many years. With a fleet identification number (FIN), you can get special colors if you buy a minimum quantity of a particular vehicle. Odds are, you don't want to buy more than one '11 GT and you're not a fleet buyer?
Old 1/22/10, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Welcome aboard. Brembo package doesn't include a strut tower brace, but our understanding is that any convertible gets the STB, as well as any coupe with the 19" wheels.

Ford hasn't allowed special colors to the public in many years. With a fleet identification number (FIN), you can get special colors if you buy a minimum quantity of a particular vehicle. Odds are, you don't want to buy more than one '11 GT and you're not a fleet buyer?
Thanks brother!
If I am understanding you correctly, and if the Brembo package includes 19' wheels(according to the order guide) when I pop the hood on my 2011 gt, the STB should be staring me in the face! Verdad?
Neill
P.S owned 2- 5.0's many moons ago. Most of my cars were Vettes or camaros-including a double copo 1969, 1970 lt-1(2 tops) and a 1972 lt-1/zr-1 among many others. Really looking forward to the new 5.0.

Quick Reply: 2011 MUSTANG ORDER GUIDE IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!